What night of the week would you prefer for the dinner  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What night of the week would you prefer for the dinner

• Midweek (most likely Mon-Wed)
    • Saturday (after a home game)
    • Sunday (after a home game)

I just talked to the joint owner, Cristobal, who is from Cordoba if memory serves me.

In order to get the restaurant to ourselves we would need about 40 people and the max is about 50.

He would do 3/4 tapas per head to start, he will make giant paellas for the main and there will be postres (deserts) as well for around £17/18 per head but definitely not more than £20 per head, ex drinks.

He would still do it for say 20 but we wouldn't get the place to ourselves.

It more or less has to be a Monday or Tuesday night when they are usually quiet, I might be able to push him to a Wednesday.

To be sure guys are going to turn up I would prefer to collect deposits once it's all agreed, I would suggest a tenner a head. I am willing to act as Treasurer for it if you guys trust me.

Probably we should form a small dinner committee.

In order to get the restaurant to ourselves we would need about 40 people and the max is about 50.

I'd say 40 would be too many. It becomes too impersonal and it would be difficult to meet everyone, plus I doubt we would get that many anyway. 15-20 is probably more realistic, but I'd be happy going along just with those who have already said yes. Quality rather than quantity!

If we get to the Cup Final we could do it as a celebration or a wake, in the last two weeks of May or sometime before Craig gets home :D

Yeah, you lot wouldnt enjoy my company anyway. I would get a table for one :P

I'd say 40 would be too many. It becomes too impersonal and it would be difficult to meet everyone, plus I doubt we would get that many anyway. 15-20 is probably more realistic, but I'd be happy going along just with those who have already said yes. Quality rather than quantity!

Quality rather than quantity ? You do realise Gribz and simplythebest said they might go ? :P

Let's see how many show interest, I agree that 40 is a lot but equally if we want to have an open discussion we really don't want other punters in the restaurant listening in.

So it's a balance between enough to get the place to ourselves (and of course Malaga Tapas was just a suggestion because it is small, does good food and is on the south side) but we can look at other options when we have a better idea of numbers. I'm fairly sure I can get him to do it for somewhere between 20 & 40.