Odd reports from Italy. Gattuso coming to Gers!

Not that I believe it, but, anyway:

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/spl/2011-2012/gattuso-considering-rangers-coaching-job_sto4133511/story.shtml

He had already played for the club in 1997-98 and his wife is Scottish.

The Italian newspaper claims Gattuso is considering the next step in his management career in Glasgow with the Rangers side he never stopped caring about.

However, La Gazzetta dello Sport also maintains he has already received an offer to take over, but turned it down.

Rino retired from playing last year and aged 36 he has had brief spells as player-manager of Swiss club Sion and Coach of Serie B team Palermo.

He was sacked after just six Serie B games in charge of the Sicilian side.

Glasgow Rangers are in the Scottish League One after bankruptcy.

Ahem ... "coach" is something different than "manager". I for one wouldn't mind a continental coach at Auchenhowie.

BTW ... I doublechecked on the original article Calcio, Gattuso dice no ai malesi e sogna i Rangers

Rino Gattuso, ex centrocampista del Milan ed ex allenatore del Palermo, è seguito oltre i confini europei nonostante l’ultima, infelice esperienza di tecnico (è stato esonerato da Zamparini dopo la sesta giornata di campionato). Alcune società malesi hanno chiesto, tramite il Milan, se Gattuso fosse disponibile ad affrontare una nuova esperienza lavorativa. Tra questi c’è il Selangor, storico club di Sham Alam, che punta al titolo che manca dal 2010. Gattuso non sarebbe comunque interessato all’offerta, ma vorrebbe piuttosto tornare ai Glasgow Rangers, dove ha giocato all’inizio della carriera: la squadra scozzese sta risalendo dopo il fallimento.

... which would be something like ...

Rino Gattuso, a former Milan midfielder and former coach of Palermo, is followed beyond Europe despite the latest, unfortunate experience of technicial director (?) (he was sacked by Zamparini after the sixth day of the season). Some Malaysian companies have asked, via Milan, if Gattuso was willing to face a new work experience. Among them is the Selangor, the historic club Sham Alam, (looking for to get the title again after) 2010. Gattuso would not be interested in the offer, but would rather return to the Rangers, where he played early in his career: the Scottish team is going well after (a financial) failure.

Essentially, it does not say anything about him coming back or being approached.

Rino Gattuso, a former Milan midfielder and former coach of Palermo, is followed beyond Europe despite the latest, unfortunate experience of technicial director (?) (he was sacked by Zamparini after the sixth day of the season). Some Malaysian companies have asked, via Milan, if Gattuso was willing to face a new work experience. Among them is the Selangor, the historic club Sham Alam, (looking for to get the title again after) 2010. Gattuso would not be interested in the offer, but would rather return to the Rangers, where he played early in his career: the Scottish team is going well after (a financial) failure.

I hope this isn't meant to be a clever way to insult Malaysian football!