Next Gers manager?

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

It's going to be a tough choice whoever they go for. Do they go for the old hand to steady the ship?? The young up and coming manager?? The foreigner??

Personally I think Murray will be wary of going down the foreign route due to the supposed cliques in the dressing room at the moment. Which is a pity as Calscot's Co Adriannse idea intruigues me.

Walter Smith would be crazy to take it on in the long term, and so possibly tarnishing the reputation he built up during the 9 in a row years, and I don't see how he could make it work on a short term basis along with his Scotland commitments. I'd only like to see him take it on if they also brought in the likes of Richard Gough and Stuart McCall to be the long term team. Gough did not to bad in his short spell at Livingston under difficult circumstances and McCall is very highly rated down south through his work at Sheffield Utd as Neil Warnocks assistant.

Graeme Souness is a nogo as far as i'm concerned. Did well in his previous spell but that was only due to fact that we were outspending rest of the Premier league and attracting far better quality of player. Playing field has changed since those days. His record since leaving Rangers has been pretty abysmal and always amazes me that he gets the jobs he does.

I'd like to see Billy Davies given the job. He did a cracking job at Preston North End, almost getting them promoted to the Premiership last season. He then moved to Derby in the summer and taken them from a side skirting with relegation last season to one sitting 2nd in the Championship this season. That while dealing with severe financial constraints. Whether he would come is another matter as he wants to manage in the Premiership and perhaps feels he wants to finish what he started and take Derby there.

Malky

Eck won't come back, he's had his chance. Its a tricky situation, if we were comfortably in second place then maybe the list of candidates would be double what we're looking at now. We need someone to come in, steady things on and off the pitch and start grinding out results if need be. Get the team setup on the pitch so we're tough to beat.

Its not going to be easy, but given how we've been playing recently, the new manager could make a good impression very quickly.