You have to accept that a percentage of people aren't in a financial position to support this, that's the case whenever a scheme is launched. Those people can't be reached no matter what, you have to concentrate on those that can.

I probably disagree that it needs backed by ex-players, I'm not sure they actually bring much to the party. In my opinion the best thing they can do is invest in a good PR company, they need to raise their profile and explain their scheme to the many disparate strands of our support.

I'd be interested to know what success looks like for RF or Buy Rangers in terms of numbers.

No idea what kind of numbers they'd think successful but I'd imagine getting to a notifiable interest of shares would be the initial plan.

I think 'official' figureheads always help any financial risk scheme. That's why celebrities almost always do adverts. People identify with and want to share their life with them.

But, I agree, good PR could over-ride that as well. That won't come cheap though.

i think one of the problems is that people are talking about investments and shares etc, when really I gatther it's just a donation and you will never see a penny of your money again. If you stop paying after putting thousands in, you won't even have a vote any more.

In any sell, you have to answer the main question of the buyer, "What's in it for me?" The answer here is a more altruistic, the good of Rangers. But there are other ways of helping the club without just giving your money away.

I'm member number2028

That's a bit worrying as I just joined - 4 days after you - and it is still under 2,400

Serious question here: Did the member numbers start at zero or at 2000? Or maybe they started at 1872?

Serious question here: Did the member numbers start at zero or at 2000? Or maybe they started at 1872?

Zappa , I think your right as they certainly didn't start at zero , speaking to those involved , they only anticipated a few hundred at the start until they get this rolled out , plus there has been quite a good uplift from overseas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to know what success looks like for RF or Buy Rangers in terms of numbers.

If BuyRangers and RangersFirst can get 5% ownership between them both and somehow join forces via proxy voting to requisition an EGM if/when the need arises, then I think most people grounded in reality would consider that a success in terms of numbers. I actually think that both initiatives should be looking to achieve 5% ownership themselves over the next 2 to 3 years and if they could do that, then it would put the fans in a position of significant strength, so would be a remarkable achievement.

I'm sure are dozens of ideas for how the money should be used and even more opinions on each of those.

Someone taking the bull by the horns would help there.

What about starting a thread specifically aimed at putting ideas forward? A simple question - what should the RFFF money be spent on?

Each idea can be discussed and evaluated, and after while, this forum could put the top three ideas forward directly to the RFFF committee.

i think one of the problems is that people are talking about investments and shares etc, when really I gatther it's just a donation and you will never see a penny of your money again. If you stop paying after putting thousands in, you won't even have a vote any more.

In any sell, you have to answer the main question of the buyer, "What's in it for me?" The answer here is a more altruistic, the good of Rangers. But there are other ways of helping the club without just giving your money away.

Thats why the £500 life membership appealed to me , same as the RST life time membership , but if Rangers fans cant join a scheme , which helps the support , the club all for the price of 2 pints a MONTH then we really should just chuck it.

No idea what kind of numbers they'd think successful but I'd imagine getting to a notifiable interest of shares would be the initial plan.

I think 'official' figureheads always help any financial risk scheme. That's why celebrities almost always do adverts. People identify with and want to share their life with them.

But, I agree, good PR could over-ride that as well. That won't come cheap though.

I think with a soft launch like it has been I'd be happy with about 200-300. I'd be delighted at 500. I think over the weekend we need to get the word out and talk to fans - but we are at the start of the process. Long way to go!

I think with a soft launch like it has been I'd be happy with about 200-300. I'd be delighted at 500. I think over the weekend we need to get the word out and talk to fans - but we are at the start of the process. Long way to go!

You must be especially happy with the tweets from overseas bears that have joined , plus do you know how long it takes gocardless to take the money , nothing showing out my account yet

You must be especially happy with the tweets from overseas bears that have joined , plus do you know how long it takes gocardless to take the money , nothing showing out my account yet

I'm not sure bud - all I know about gocardless is that fee is 1% - I'll check and see if the money is out of my account the now