McCoist to meet Wallace to discuss summer signings

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mccoist-to-meet-wallace-to-discuss-summer-signings.23632214

ALLY McCOIST, the Rangers manager, will meet with the club's chief executive, Graham Wallace, next week to discuss his summer transfer strategy after once again electing to stay out of the latest round of off-field problems to engulf the SPFL League 1 leaders.

It has been another turbulent week at Ibrox as former director Dave King launched an attack on the board and was subsequently summoned to a meeting by chairman David Somers to discuss the club's future in the face of supporter unrest. King will arrive in Scotland in the coming days and has announced his intention to speak with investors and fans before holding talks with the Rangers board.

McCoist refused to be drawn on the prospects of the South Africa-based businessman returning to the club when he met the media last week and, speaking ahead of Rangers' William Hill Scottish Cup quarter-final against Albion Rovers this weekend, he confirmed he will maintain his silence as he prepares for his own talks with Wallace.

"Absolutely," McCoist said when asked if he was still maintaining his stance. "Even more so after reading Mr King being quoted as saying he thinks the manager should concentrate on football matters. I know Graham and the board are also happy for me to concentrate on football matters. So if all parties involved want me to do that then I am thrilled to concentrate on football matters. Those gentleman can discuss what they have to discuss and I will concentrate on getting a result on Sunday.

"I had a meeting with the chief executive on Wednesday, which was fine, and we are meeting a couple of times next week. The discussions will enlighten us in terms of strengthening the squad. These things have to be looked at for next season."

King will arrive seeking clarity over the true financial state of affairs at the club after two major shareholders in Rangers International Football Club plc - Laxey Partners Ltd and Sandy Easdale - agreed a combined £1.5m loan last week. McCoist and his players could do their bit to ease the club's money worries by winning the William Hill Scottish Cup and securing the prize money on offer, but the Rangers manager insists he is only focused on the on-field benefits of success. "I haven't personally [thought of the financial implications of a cup run], but I have been told it would be very beneficial to the club, particularly at this time," he said.

"I haven't thought about it myself. I don't know whether that is right or wrong but I'm just trying to concentrate on getting the team to the semi-final.

"I don't want to reach the cup semi-final for the financial benefits, that would be an added bonus. I'd imagine [it wasn't part of the budget], but you'd need to ask those who did the budget at the start of the season."

Not sure how constructive these talks will be when we have loans (and fringe players) to pay off first.

Sure, a few contracts may be running out but other than this natural wastage, we'll be back to expensive terminations if we're to free up space in the squad for new players.

What worries me is we will see the better players who are out of contract go like little and iirc moshni. Along with those with value being sold ie Wallace and law etc. While the dross that contracts like Perry will be moved up to playing.

That doesn't even bare thinking about ................

A wee reminder ...

Goalkeepers:

[Alan Smith (born 25.05.1993 ) – contracted till 2014]

Scott Gallacher (born 15.07.1989 ) – contracted till 2015 (loaned to Airdrieonians till Jan 2014)

Cammy Bell (born 18.09.1986 ) – contracted till 2017

Steve Simonsen (born ) - contracted till 2014

Defenders:

Emílson Cribari (born 06.03.1980 ) – contracted till 2014

[Luca Gasparotto (born 03.09.1995 ) – contracted till 2014

Chris Hegarty (born 13.08.1992 ) – contracted till 2015

Ross Perry (born 07.02.1990 ) – contracted till 2015

Steven Smith (born 30.08.1985 ) – contracted till 2015

Ricky Foster (born 31.07.1985 ) – contracted till 2015

Bilel Mohsni (born 21.07.1987 ) – contracted till 2015

Kyle McAusland (born 19.01.1993 ) – contracted till 2015 (loaned to Ayr United till Jan 2014)

Sebastien Faure (born 03.01.1991 ) – contracted till 2015

Lee Wallace (born 21.08.1987 ) – contracted till 2017

Midfielders:

Kyle Hutton (born 15.02.1991 ) – contracted till 2014

Ian Black (born 14.03.1985 ) – contracted till 2015

Nicky Law (born 29.03.1988 ) – contracted till 2016

Dean Shiels (born 01.02.1985 ) – contracted till 2016

David Templeton (born 07.01.1989 ) – contracted till 2016

Lewis Macleod (born 16.06.1994 ) – contracted till 2017

Robbie Crawford (born 19.03.1993 ) – contracted till 2017

Barrie McKay (born 31.12.1994 ) – contracted till 2017

Arnold Peralta (born 29.03.1989 ) – contracted till 2017

Fraser Aird (born 02.02.1995 ) – contracted till 2018

Strikers:

Lee McCulloch (born 14.05.1978 ) – contracted till 2015

Andrew Little (born 03.05.1989 ) – contracted till 2015

Jon Daly (born 08.01.1983 ) – contracted till 2015

Nicky Clark (born 03.06.1991 ) – contracted till 2016

Coaching Staff:

Manager Ally McCoist (born 24.09.1962) – contracted till 2014

First-Team Coach Kenny McDowall (born 29.07.1963) – contracted till 2014

First-Team Coach Ian Durrant (born 29.10.1966) – contracted till 2014

Our problem is that nobody will want many of our players and those in demand are most likely none that we would like to lose. You would hope that we can arrange some sort of loan-agreement with an low-key English team and send a few youngsters and fringe players there for half a season or so.

BILEL MOHSNI is desperate to win a new contract by helping Rangers back to the top flight of Scottish football but is focused only on how this season works out for now.

The French Tunisian defender has made himself an integral part of Ally McCoist’s side this season with a series of flamboyant displays at the back.

Mohsni agreed a two-year deal when he came to Scotland last summer and he is determined to extend his stay over time and play in the Premiership with Gers.

But he’s focused on what needs to be done before then and that means he’s putting thoughts of his own future on the back burner for now.

The Light Blues will reach the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup on Sunday if they can edge past Albion Rovers in the last eight at Ibrox.

They could also claim the League One title on Wednesday against Airdrie but only if Dunfermline lose or draw first this weekend in their meeting with Stenhousemuir.

On top of that, the Ramsdens Cup final against Raith Rovers is exactly one month away as McCoist’s men go for a unique treble of trophies.

Mohsni is eager to get his own situation resolved but only when the time is right and he admits it’s not a priority just now.

The 26-year-old said: “It has been even better than I expected it to be here. I’ve been shocked and I didn’t expect we would win nearly every game.

“We are in the quarter-finals of the Scottish Cup too and that is fantastic. The fans have really got behind us.

“For the moment, I am concentrating on finishing this season. Hopefully we can win the league and after maybe the Scottish Cup and the Ramsdens Cup.

“We’ll then talk about what maybe happens next year. My goal when I signed was to help Rangers get back to the top.

“I still have one more year hopefully playing in the Championship next season and my aim is to get us through that as well.”