Lennon has managed to get Celtic through a couple of CL qualification phases and into the big money stages. That won him more approval than coasting the league.

There are Celtic fans who want a change, though. They want someone who is more of an ambassador for the club as well as being a better manager.

He is, however, unsackable. When he eventually leaves it will be portrayed as him being driven out by sectarian bigots, but a fair few Celtic fans, more than is generally imagined, will not be sorry to see him depart.

They could go for Gordon Strachan. Far superior on all counts.

:D

the minute celtc were knocked out ally should have tore up the defense and built it anew with no jig. it's all very well getting away with jig in the 3rd division but we have a real shot at glory here.

ally must think jig is good at ch or is to scared to upset him.

I think we know which one it is mate.

He'll always be Super Ally and he deserves a statue outside Ibrox but his managerial period is one to forget. These one-off poor results have happened far too regularly to be shocks.

If he is in charge next season he really needs to bring in a fresh face into the coaching team with new ideas and tactical knowledge.

I think McCoist has had his day , I fully accept he has has obstacles that no other Rangers manager has ever had to deal with , HOWEVER no other rangers manager has ever had to beat 2nd and 3rd division teams , yet we manage to do it in such a terrible way .

His tactics , all back at corners , this has been discussed to death , it encourages even the poorest opposition onto us and when we do clear our lines the ball is given away ,marks out of ten ........1/10

Refusal to play 2 strikers up front , usually 1 with the other dropping deep .I accept this is the modern way but we aint playing Bayern Munich , again by playing this big Daly is left isolated and ball retention is very poor .....marks out of 10 ...2/10

Team set up , we consistently play with 4 at the back , even though we play against teams with no real goal threat , we do puch the fullbacks on but the midfield system just leaves no room and the movement bar Wallace is terrible , we are totally unable to break down teams who sit in , with the usual tactic of playing hopeful floated crosses from around 30 yards , rarely do we see anyone hit the byeline and whip a cross in , marks .....4/10 and thats just for Wallace.

Young players , lets face it he doesnt trust them , or more to the point he doesnt trust his own ability to get the best out of them or coaching them properly .....1/10

Continual bigging up of the opposition and continual playing down of our team , yet we have a squad getting paid £7 million a year , roughgly the entire budgets of the 3 lowest divisions , its tedious ally and no one buys it .

Yesterday a small bit of me died inside , I cant take much more of this dross , I hope he knows his times up and goes after the Airdrie game with a bit of dignity , I dont thing he will though , and I can think of £450,000 reasons why he wont

I think McCoist has had his day , I fully accept he has has obstacles that no other Rangers manager has ever had to deal with , HOWEVER no other rangers manager has ever had to beat 2nd and 3rd division teams , yet we manage to do it in such a terrible way .

His tactics , all back at corners , this has been discussed to death , it encourages even the poorest opposition onto us and when we do clear our lines the ball is given away ,marks out of ten ........1/10

Refusal to play 2 strikers up front , usually 1 with the other dropping deep .I accept this is the modern way but we aint playing Bayern Munich , again by playing this big Daly is left isolated and ball retention is very poor .....marks out of 10 ...2/10

Team set up , we consistently play with 4 at the back , even though we play against teams with no real goal threat , we do puch the fullbacks on but the midfield system just leaves no room and the movement bar Wallace is terrible , we are totally unable to break down teams who sit in , with the usual tactic of playing hopeful floated crosses from around 30 yards , rarely do we see anyone hit the byeline and whip a cross in , marks .....4/10 and thats just for Wallace.

Young players , lets face it he doesnt trust them , or more to the point he doesnt trust his own ability to get the best out of them or coaching them properly .....1/10

Continual bigging up of the opposition and continual playing down of our team , yet we have a squad getting paid £7 million a year , roughgly the entire budgets of the 3 lowest divisions , its tedious ally and no one buys it .

Yesterday a small bit of me died inside , I cant take much more of this dross , I hope he knows his times up and goes after the Airdrie game with a bit of dignity , I dont thing he will though , and I can think of £450,000 reasons why he wont

When most teams play 1 main striker, it's often with wider forwards supporting in a front 3, or else a 4-2-3-1 with 3 players supporting the striker quickly when attacking. In fact a lot of teams nowadays have 3 or 4 players who often interchange in attack and false 9's are quite common.

Sadly the Walter/Ally approach for 1 up front is...1 up front.

When Big Eck took over from Dick Advocatt one of the first things he did , especially against celtic was to go 4-3-3 , everyone though we would get done , but it worked a treat time after time , infact his record against O'neills celtic was brilliant , it just goes to show what happens if your prepared to gamble .

What I dont get with Allys teams is how someone who was so exciting and has such a lust for life can put out such dreadful teams to watch

Our formation in 02/03 worked particularly well, often with De Boer dropping just off the main striker and Lovenkrands wide left. Lovenkrands was often wasted on the left but it worked that season.

What helped against Celtic was they played 3 at the back and were easily exposed to pace on the flanks.