We win the title and the mhedia makes headlines like this? Aye right.

On a sidenote, I'd like to read more about the story before declaring all Rangers supporters sacro-sanct just because the name Easdale is involved.

I've no time for the media, but this is plainly a story fed the Record by the SoS and being used to hammer Irvine (whom Record staff hated, apparently) and the board (who Jackson seems to hate) in a bid to use publicity to avert legal action.

Easdale needs to get over himself. People are not going to stop referring to his past because it makes him look untrustworthy, and he has taken it upon himself to do a job which requires trust.

Thin skin + running Rangers = wrong man for the job.

THE Ibrox shareholder made the move to contact his lawyers after Sons of Struth founder Craig Houston confronted him in the main stand during Wednesday's League One title celebrations.

JS33686286-3239920.jpg

Houston, right, confronts Easdale at IbroxRANGERS last night declared war on their own fans as Sandy Easdale’s lawyers revealed they are planning to sue rebel supporters.

The latest move came as the Union of Fans group unveiled plans for a mass protest at Ibrox on Saturday.

Record Sport revealed on Wednesday how club investor Easdale and the under-fire Ibrox regime have aimed legal big guns at some high-profile critics such as Sons of Struth founder Craig Houston.

We told how a flurry of warning shots had already been fired and how PR guru Jack Irvine had become a casualty – leaving Ibrox by mutual consent – after being caught up in the battle.

But the situation further deteriorated yesterday when Houston was told Easdale would take him to court.

Record Sport understands the move was made just hours after Houston confronted Easdale in the main stand at Ibrox during Wednesday night’s League One title celebrations.

The lawyers are not acting for the club itself but have been instructed by Easdale.

Houston revealed: “I’ve received a letter which makes it clear solicitors are preparing proceedings against myself and other named individuals at the Court of Session.

“To say I am shocked is an understatement, especially after the conversation I had with Easdale on Wednesday.

“The letter does not make clear the nature of the charges. But it does make clear that, even though Jack Irvine has now left the club, this board continues to turn on its own.”

But last night Easdale defended his stance. He said: “This is action I am taking personally for libellous comments about me.

“It’s not about taking a fan to court for being critical of the board. Some of the remarks are personal slurs.

“I have sent several nice lawyers’ letters asking to stop and we’ll forget about it.

“I don’t have a problem with people criticising me if I’ve done something wrong at Rangers. But taking it to a personal level has to stop.

“I told him at the game lawyers were involved and he’d brought it on himself.

“Tonight the lawyers have told him to sign something saying he won’t do it again and we’ll call the action off.

“If he says no I’ll take him to the Court of Session. I don’t want to take any fan to court but, on a personal level, I’m not having it anymore.”

Meanwhile, the Union of Fans are to hand out 30,000 blue cards at Ibrox on Saturday calling for the board to accept Dave King’s plan to inject fresh share capital into the club.

The South African tycoon last night flew into Scotland and plans to meet with fans’ groups as he looks to ramp up his bid to force through boardroom change.

If Mr Houston simply states as fact that "Sandy Easdale was sentenced to 27 months in prison for VAT fraud in 1997" or perhaps that he WAS a fraudster or has a spent conviction for fraud, all of which would be which incontrovertible statements, I don't see any issue (NB this is not legal advice!).

If Mr Houston simply states as fact that "Sandy Easdale was sentenced to 27 months in prison for VAT fraud in 1997" or perhaps that he WAS a fraudster or has a spent conviction for fraud, all of which would be which incontrovertible statements, I don't see any issue (NB this is not legal advice!).

apparently were not allowed to call him a criminal despite his crime. reformed criminal or spent criminal may be ok not sure.

By the looks of it, some fans are quite happy to give him names (not just "crook"), hurl abuse at him and his to their hearts' content and think they get away with it. And then even deny him his basic legal rights. Because the offenders are Rangers fans. Sometimes people really should take a step back here.