Tin man. we could not afford a replacement!!! Even on reduced salary ally is still on top dollar. We have to change manager now. There is no guarantee a new one will work out but we have to try. Ally is killing this club from a football perspective. Almost as bad as the chancers killing it financially. And yes i hold them both equally culpable for the state we are in.

That's the kind of argument trotted out by the likes of St Mirren and Falkirk when they have similar poor runs - "half a dozen of those games were against the Old Firm". It doesn't wash with their fans and it shouldn't wash with us.

Rangers, during the last 25 European games, and even further back, have committed crimes against football. We soiled the beautiful game by adopting the most basic and crude tactic of all, heaping flesh and bone in front of our goal and hoping that fate would look kindly on us.

I am sick of watching football for dunces from Rangers. We go to Ibrox on European nights and end up wishing for the final whistle minutes after the game kicks kick-off. We talk about a lack of atmosphere, but there is nothing to cheer as the team huddles close to its own goal and gets a nosebleed if it briefly crosses the halfway line.

And this from a club that endlessly boasts about being a huge institution, an international brand and an iconic football entity.

It's time to stop the excuses. If everyone played like us, football would get closed down.

If we really are a big club, let's start acting like one and being absolutely ruthless in our quest to be entertaining and successful.

The dinosaurs have had their day. Let's finally dip our toes in the 21st century and see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You are exactly the kind of person we need inside our club these days. To rip it up and start again. You'd make a cracking football consultant.

Ruthless and honest, i love it. The way it should be.

Not having it mate. Man Utd are the only big name and top quality side there.

As for the 13 draws talk, really? We are now counting draws are glorified mental victories? The stat is 1 win in 25, it's embarrassing for any European club never mind one who claims to be one of the biggest clubs in the world.

We really should be better than "13 draws out of 25" and certainly better than 1 win in 25.

Our club, our fans, our brand, our traditions and history demand we be better.

I'm not saying I think it's been good enough. What I'm saying is that it's not been as bad as the 1 win in 25 stat suggests.

As I said, four of those last 25 games were home/away ties against Fiorentina and Sporting and we went through to the next rounds from those two double headers. We might have only scraped it by the skin of our teeth, but progressing to the next round in European competition is always considered a victory no matter how you try to dress it up.

The draws against Man Utd and Valencia were VERY acceptable results at the time and there were other draws amongst those 25 games which most us considered half decent results because our opponents had better players than we did.

You are exactly the kind of person we need inside our club these days. To rip it up and start again. You'd make a cracking football consultant.

Ruthless and honest, i love it. The way it should be.

We definitely need a ruthless streak, an intolerance of mediocrity, no more jobs for the boys and top performers in top positions.

I'm basically asking for the club to be run along professional lines and demanding that standards are high at every level.

I don't think this is unreasonable. I see it as a minimum requirement.

That's the kind of argument trotted out by the likes of St Mirren and Falkirk when they have similar poor runs - "half a dozen of those games were against the Old Firm". It doesn't wash with their fans and it shouldn't wash with us.

That's not a particularly fair analogy though because the 25 games brought into question by SBS actually contained at least 15 games against teams that were arguably better than ours.

Look, rather than this keeping going round in circles, I need to point out that I'm not saying I think we've been good enough and I'm not trying to defend our apparent mediocrity either. I'm merely trying to point out that the 1 win in 25 stat is very misleading and that our results haven't actually been as bad as that stat suggests when taken in isolation.

Lennon has successfully taken Celtic through the CL qualifiers in recent years and this season he had to win three ties to get into the CL.

I wouldn't put a thin dime on McCoist's Rangers winning three qualifiers even if he could pick his own opponents. We have become so used to parking the bus in Europe that we don't knows how to win competitive games any more.

The football culture at Ibrox is rotten. It started under Smith and has been continued under McCoist.

We need to find coaching staff that can create a team that has a hunger for possession instead of tolerating a team that resembles a couple of lines of blue and white traffic cones when we compete in Europe.

Our football culture, frankly, is retarded and suitable only for the bin.

The worst point was when we started regularly playing 5-4-1 in Europe regardless of who the opposition was. Pathetic. It was the most negative formation ever and we even started playing it domestically sometimes too. It worked a couple of times in Europe but on the whole was awful.

I think you mean' suitable only for Scotland', considering we're the most successful club in this country. I suppose it's Ally's fault that route one, unimaginative football, is the best way to win trophies in our country?

I don't personally think that Ally is a very good manager, but I'm sure there is no one else out there that we can afford, that would do much better under the same circumstances. Assuming all things remain the same at our club, a new man would be lucky to last 6 months before he cracked and said 'fuck this'.

It may sound like I'm defending Ally, but our club is a total basket case, from top to bottom. Our already poor squad is walking wounded/running on empty. The problems we should be worried about run much deeper than having a poor manager and coaches.

What?????????????

I'm not saying I think it's been good enough. What I'm saying is that it's not been as bad as the 1 win in 25 stat suggests.

As I said, four of those last 25 games were home/away ties against Fiorentina and Sporting and we went through to the next rounds from those two double headers. We might have only scraped it by the skin of our teeth, but progressing to the next round in European competition is always considered a victory no matter how you try to dress it up.

The draws against Man Utd and Valencia were VERY acceptable results at the time and there were other draws amongst those 25 games which most us considered half decent results because our opponents had better players than we did.

1 win, 13 draws and 11 losses? That's bloody awful whatever way you look at it.

That's not a particularly fair analogy though because the 25 games brought into question by SBS actually contained at least 15 games against teams that were arguably better than ours.

Look, rather than this keeping going round in circles, I need to point out that I'm not saying I think we've been good enough and I'm not trying to defend our apparent mediocrity either. I'm merely trying to point out that the 1 win in 25 stat is very misleading and that our results haven't actually been as bad as that stat suggests when taken in isolation.

With all due respect, Zappa, the fact that we have people trying to prop up this statistic with excuses is one of the reasons why we are where we are.

You may not be one of them, but we have fans who will defend everything that Walter did and everything that Ally does out of a misguided sense of loyalty. We should prioritise the club over every individual who has played for the team or who is likely to play for it in the future. If a manager has us playing like cavemen, there's only one place for him - out the door - whether he was a great player in the past or not.

One win in twenty-five is a disgrace for a club like ours in any context. We either start believing that we are better than this, and cut out the excuses, do the sackings, seek out better and be done with it, or we will linger on interminably having conversations like this as failure becomes our new norm.

If we have ambitions to be the best, we have to rid ourselves of people who are incapable of making us the best.

Zappa was just at last night's karaoke at the stadium and had his opinion bought after being serenaded by the manager

You've lost that lovin' feeling... ;)

Bkmzd5GIgAA1eO0.jpg

Raman Bhardwaj@STVRaman 52m

Rangers statement re players/management team gathering at Ibrox last night after Ramsdens Cup Final defeat...

'' management team & players returned to Ibrox to meet up with families who attended the game as previously arranged for a post-match meal.”