Rather than all the negativity, how about flipping the discussion to highlight Why McCoist should stay???

- Devotion to the club through tough times

- Fantastic team performance against Motherwell last season

- Won 2 divisional titles in a row

Anything else???

- A nice guy

- Great at public speaking

- Witty

He's the perfect ambassador for the club. He is not, although I'd loved to be proved wrong, the right man to manage the football side of Rangers. Plus, according to some, Murray Park is far from a happy place work.

Rather than all the negativity, how about flipping the discussion to highlight Why McCoist should stay???

Anything else???

Ally's contribution in 2012 cannot be overestimated imho, but as for the other two points? We are reduced to speaking about one good performance in three years and one which was matched by in badness by the subsequent performances against Dundee Utd and ICT. My granny could have won those two titles with the resources McCoist had and she died in 2011.

Here's a question for you. Can you imagine Ferguson, Morinho or Clough a) singing Karaoke with their players and b) doing it after losing a cup final? The fact that they even went ahead with this meal and party for the players after that game raises serious concerns for me.

Anything else???

40 games unbeaten in a row, and given that even the Yahoos and other better teams have failed in one-offs against small teams, no mean feat. As has been pointed out, we hardly play normal football these days. We have, by all accounts and Rangers standards, still a rather mediocre football team. We play against opposition who - despite being plummers and postmen and whatnot - have been playing the game for years if not decades too, quite a few being ex-youth and SPL players too. They all raise their game against us, and while we look at just one (our) side and see the same faces, the opposition changes on a weekly basis. Their shots at glory, their possibility to catch the eye of a better team (not necessarily us). Week in, week out, for the better part of one-and-a-half year now. You would hope that our (better) players adapt to that, but to expect them to do this 24/7 is just unrealistic. Even the best teams of the NIAR period had some dire dire spells on their way to the titles and cup wins. So you would expect some level of realism when we look at the current situation.

This Rangers team is a AU away from being a smashing side, but still essentially brushed aside anything in the league despite playing rather poor of late. And that's down to the players and the manager too. It is not the level of football that will see us staying competitive in the Championship or the SPFL. But you look at a squad that half-a-handful of players apart would not be regarded as better than mid-table SPFL class by most of us - and no insult to the players here. They can raise their game only so much, no matter what sort of jersey they wear and what expectations are heaped on their shoulders. Different manager or not.

Ally is Walter's pupil. Far too defensive-minded and willing to look at midfield control, even when not required. Prone to play people out of position (which very many managers do, BTW), unable to change the team quickly enough when necessary. Limited options on the bench or not, we've seen it all. IMHO, he's far too important to the club to be send packing, yet he surely needs some tactical acute man besides him and at least one leader on the park.

Ally's contribution in 2012 cannot be overestimated imho,

Agreed....but how long can it be used as a valid reason to keep him as manager???

I want(ed) Ally to succeed as manager - the guy is a legend & comes across as a top bloke, however general performances on the park have yet to show any promise moving forward. We have brought it some of the SPL's top players (outwith Ceptic), several of them young & promising, yet NONE of them have improved any under McCoist. Even our own youngsters, have they really improved that much (if any)???

IMHO, the players & management have had a real easy ride the past 2 seasons. They are constantly playing under the Boardroom scuffles etc which masks their poor performances & give them an easy excuse. The players need a right-royal rocket up the arse, but McCoist seems unable to do that.....

Agreed....but how long can it be used as a valid reason to keep him as manager???

I want(ed) Ally to succeed as manager - the guy is a legend & comes across as a top bloke, however general performances on the park have yet to show any promise moving forward. We have brought it some of the SPL's top players (outwith Ceptic), several of them young & promising, yet NONE of them have improved any under McCoist. Even our own youngsters, have they really improved that much (if any)???

IMHO, the players & management have had a real easy ride the past 2 seasons. They are constantly playing under the Boardroom scuffles etc which masks their poor performances & give them an easy excuse. The players need a right-royal rocket up the arse, but McCoist seems unable to do that.....

I can't disagree with any of that, unfortunately

Anything else???

He's becoming an experienced manager.

He has a decent record against them.

He stopped them winning the league at Ibrox.

He's had the worst financial backing of any Rangers manager for decades.

He's had to cope with our worst boardroom/s ever.

He's still unbeaten over 90 minutes this season. A decent record no matter who the opposition.

He knows all the words to the Sash.

He has reasonably white teeth.

He played a part in ridding the club of Green.

No one else in their right mind would currently take the job on. (mercenary aside)

Giving proper backing, I still think he can do a job for us. He learned from the master, and has a good knowledge of the Scottish game.

He's good at karaoke.

Picking a few points....

He's becoming an experienced manager. - Too late.....that should have been a pre-requisite of getting the job. He's had 3 full seasons and the team hasn't really improved - compare to Lemmon....4 seasons, 3 top-division titles & several decent outings in Europe.

He's had the worst financial backing of any Rangers manager for decades. - yet has still brought in some of the SPL's top players (outwith Ceptic)

He's had to cope with our worst boardroom/s ever. - and has failed to motivate the players accordingly

He's still unbeaten over 90 league minutes this season. A decent record no matter who the opposition. - I'll give you that one.

Giving proper backing, I still think he can do a job for us. He learned from the master, and has a good knowledge of the Scottish game. - I've not seen ANY evidence of this. He has decent, professional players yet can't get them to play consistently well

Anything else???

That's the most pathetic set of pros I have ever seen in my life. :D

You post as though you started following us through the 9IAR years. I can assure you, before that we were just as dire.

In reference to your previous points.

SPL teams don't win league titles because they have far less resources than the old firm. Simple as that. I don't watch any SPL games but in Walter's second stint, plus our first season under Ally, we were regularly out passed by SPL teams. In fact I remember a particular spell under Walter where week in week out we were getting played off the park and struggling to get victories.

We don't have any option other than route 1 football? Please explain that ridiculous line of thinking. At any level of football it is possible to play correctly. Simple pass and move. Nobody is expecting anything great but if half decent kids teams can do it, there's no excuse for a group of professionals resorting to horrific, moronic route 1 tactics. All it shows is a lack of ideas and intelligence.

It's not my fault there is no scouting network, it is the club's fault. Many of us have been shouting for over 10 years to get a proper scouting network in place, along with an overhaul of the rest of the archaic infrastructure at the club. The only long term scout we seem to have had is Ewan Chester over two stints and he is completely useless.

Our players are not vastly superior? Well yes they are. Our players are upper SPL players playing against part-timers in the third tier. Wake up.

You honestly seem to think that playing route 1 football somehow gets success in the Scottish game, as if the same collection of players playing an intelligent passing game would somehow be inferior, when in reality they would be vastly superior. Absolutely clueless.