we have come up against many part time teams who play better football than us.

Aye, and where does it get them? 30 points minimum behind us in the league. There's a big difference to making us look shite, and taking points off us. If we played more of a passing game, and maybe lost 4/5 league games, Ally would probably already be gone. People wouldn't be saying he should stay because we're passing it about nicely.

we have come up against many part time teams who play better football than us.

And who are miles and miles behind us in the league. Statements like this make bring the question of what you personally mean by "better football" and whether it's at all valuable.

Do you really want us to play like these teams? Would you find supporting one of these teams more enjoyable? Do you think that supporters of these teams would swap whatever football they're playing for ours and winning almost every game? Do you want their players and mangers?

This is complete loser talk.

But I think the obvious answer is that it's just not true. I've said many times that people should try supporting another team for a whle - in this case a League One team and see how enjoyable you find it.

And like I said, if Ally is so bad, why is it that so much of the criticism is so absurd? Really, try talking to a fan of another club who have run away with the title and tell them the other teams play better football and see what reaction you get.

And who are miles and miles behind us in the league. Statements like this make bring the question of what you personally mean by "better football" and whether it's at all valuable.

Do you really want us to play like these teams? Would you find supporting one of these teams more enjoyable? Do you think that supporters of these teams would swap whatever football they're playing for ours and winning almost every game? Do you want their players and mangers?

But I think the obvious answer is that it's just not true. I've said many times that people should try supporting another team for a whle - in this case a League One team and see how enjoyable you find it.

And like I said, if Ally is so bad, why is it that so much of the criticism is so absurd? Really, try talking to a fan of another club who have run away with the title and tell them the other teams play better football and see what reaction you get.

I think GS's comment is 100% true - at times.

There have been times watching various opponents where they have strung together some excellent passing or attacking movements which have cut us wide open, only to be let down by poor finishing etc. I would say that some of these teams have shown that they CAN play proper football, but the thing they lack is overall quality & consistency. We should have the quality of players & the consistency to be ripping these teams to shreds each week, yet it simply doesn't happen. We end up fighting & grinding out results more often than not recently.

We have no excitement in the team. We lack a "killer instinct". we lack creativity.

I think GS's comment is 100% true - at times.

There have been times watching various opponents where they have strung together some excellent passing or attacking movements which have cut us wide open, only to be let down by poor finishing etc. I would say that some of these teams have shown that they CAN play proper football, but the thing they lack is overall quality & consistency. We should have the quality of players & the consistency to be ripping these teams to shreds each week, yet it simply doesn't happen. We end up fighting & grinding out results more often than not recently.

We have no excitement in the team. We lack a "killer instinct". we lack creativity.

Are you saying an average League One game without Rangers is good to watch with good football on display?

The thing is, all teams can string passes together and make good moves - and people seem to forget that Rangers do it in pretty much every game, and you just have to watch the highlights to see this.

Killer instinct? Kind of like accusing Hannibal Lecter of not having this. Teams are put to the sword almost every week with an average of three goals.

To assess our creativity you'd have to put another team in our position as every week they are up against a highly motivated team who sit back and spoil the game for most of the time. I'd say we're at least as creative as Barcelona in that situation - if you think of the games between them and us and Celtic.

Dunfermline should also be ripping the sides apart in your theory as well as Celtic in the SPL. The fact is that it's 11 against 11 players who can play many aspects of football and your difference in class is shown by the league table, not a one off game. If that were the case there would be far more cricket type scores in football - and that is the first priority of our opposition to avoid. If they are instead focused on just not losing the game or even winning then they are dong a terrible job.

Perhaps we need to watch more SPL teams against lower divisions in the cup and see how they rip them apart...

But then we have results like:

Aberdeen 1-0 Dumbarton

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2-0 Stranraer

Hibernian 2-3 Raith Rovers

Stranraer 2-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Partick Thistle 0-1 Aberdeen

Albion Rovers 1-0 Motherwell

Queen of the South 2-2 St Mirren

St Johnstone 2-0 Livingston

Greenock Morton 0-1 St Johnstone

Livingston 1-2 Motherwell

Celtic 0-1 Greenock Morton

Dundee 0-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Dumbarton 2-3 Dundee United

Stranraer 3-2 Ross County

Aberdeen 0-0 Alloa Athletic

Kilmarnock 0-1 Hamilton Academical

Queen of the South 2-1 St Mirren

Raith Rovers 1-1 Heart of Midlothian

There are some thrashings but they seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

I'm not saying that Rangers are playing anywhere attractive football, but we don't have top class players any more and I can't see how they can be expected to raise their game above the "dross" that everyone used to label the SPL clubs.

Weird how they aren't considered dross now - maybe our hiatus in the lower divisions IS good for Scottish football as the reputation of the standard of play of the top division has risen meteorically here - and now even that of the 3rd tier.

The thing is, all teams can string passes together and make good moves - and people seem to forget that Rangers do it in pretty much every game

I'd argue with that - I've sen entire 90 minutes without anything approaching a good move, especially in the last 6 weeks or so. People are not girning for the sake of it, we are really terrible.

The last time Rangers played to an acceptable standard was Christmas week at East End Park against Dunfermline. We won 0-4, going on 7 or 8.

Significantly, that was the last time a fully FIT Lewis MacLeod turned out. I know Lewis played another 3-4 games and even scored away against Airdrie, but the virus(although we didn't know it at the time) was beginning to effect his performance. If we want to progress next season in the Championship, Lewis must start in central midfield; the management team, whoever they are, must realise this fact. MacLeod is a genuine heads up player.

I'd argue with that - I've sen entire 90 minutes without anything approaching a good move, especially in the last 6 weeks or so. People are not girning for the sake of it, we are really terrible.

Much like last season, a real downer and hard to explain. We should have probably used youngsters more often, folk who would be willing to make an impression on manager and fans alike. People who have every incentive to perform well. What is really disappointing in that respect that this argument is out there for years, if not decades. But instead of blooding Telfer and Co., we see peripherals like Hutton, Perry, and Hegarty ...

That said, we also destroyed other teams earlier in the season while playing good football.

I merely debunk the notion that the league is at fault for the quality of football.

The last time we played a Hugh line and pressed the opposition we won 8 nil.

When we broke on raith with 3 v 2 we looked lost as to how you play football and convert such a chance.

What is it we practice at Murray Park.

Ironing the corner flags, as you know.

Rest assured, I reckon we don't train giving the ball away or losing chances. And, while we are at it, these people out there against Raith were in business for years, if not decades. They do not exactly need to practise what to do with the ball in such a situation. It was an abject performance on the day, no ifs and buts. Somesuch happens in football and you can only hope that it does not happen all too often from now on. These are the games Rangers players should be up for. If they are not, they do not belong to this club for any longer spells than necessary.