Spending money on more expensive players is not the answer.....compare last season to this one - better players were brought in, yet IMHO not a massive leap in quality on the pitch. the team is still playing the same style...

Ally more or less had to start from scratch last season and it would be unfair to blame him for the very patchy performances of the team. However, I guess what most supporters were looking for was some signs of progress this season and that has just not happened. Rather than progressing we seem to have deteriorated as the season has gone on. We got through against QOS and Falkirk, two championship teams, away from home, earlier in the season but in recent weeks we have been pretty hopeless and the result against Raith Rovers was not a total shock. Ally McCoist has many great qualities but no one can be good at everything. It seems that he is just not very good at managing a football team. It is unlikely that he needs the money and I hope that he will decide to step aside.

Blaming lack of investment in the Scottish Lower leagues, where we're still spending about 7 million in wages and paying the manager 800k (400k now, still plenty)...

Do you really think this is a lot? As I said ONE Bayern player is on £10m a year, I'm sure there is higher in England. Trevor Steven used to be the highest paid player in the UK. We're now paying peanuts in comparison.

Saying that, there are two separate points. People are going on about us having a lot more than the opposition. This is correct but then we won the league 3/4 of the way into the season after no losses and two draws. That's what having "more money than the opposition" gets you. Ally has delivered there and people are arguing like we struggled to win the league.

The point is style. So while we're paying far more than the opposition we're still paying peanuts compared to the big clubs and we are seeing a comparable level of football.

People keep continually repeating the same arguments without actually dealing with the rebuttals. You can't just go out with a plan to play nice football and firstly have it happen and secondly, win. Yogi Hughes is again an excellent example of this with ICT dropping down the table. How do people explain it? Where is the evidence that this works? There are 42 professional teams in Scotland, surely more than half of them MUST agree with this premise for it to have any validity whatsoever? Therefore we should be seeing more than half the teams playing excellent football. Just where is the evidence in Scotland?

I asked several times at the beginning of the season for those going on about good football, to point out without the benefit of hindsight, which teams we should be playing like this season, and not one person took me up on it. I think that's because there's not one team in Scotland that plays good football and consistently wins - and it's far easier to criticise than to show you really know something. The talent is not here - as someone said, all the best Scottish players are in England, and even then not exactly the star players.

There's only one team that have the money to buy anyone of quality and even they are having to lower their sights massively.

Another point never dealt with is the fact we don't get value for money. First off as a club we're like a wedding - you go and buy a cake for any old party and it costs so much, let them know it's for a wedding and the price rockets.

Then you have the premium to play in League One. What player is going to snub say Aberdeen in the SPL to play for a club in League One without financial inducement?

Then there's the fact that we could only pick up players who happened to be on freedom of contract of which there are only a finite number who are of the minimum standard desired - so you're then desperate to get them. We had no leverage at all, and very little choice - that's why we picked up Foster and Smith, they just happened to be around at the right time.

What you get in the end is an average SPL team for about three times the money but full of players who care more about money than footballing ambition. I never remember anyone praising the standard of play of SPL teams even when they had far better players than they do now, so why should it be different at Ibrox?

So basically people are expecting average at best players to play BETTER football than most Rangers teams of the past which contained top players.

The money we're paying gets you the League One title at a canter, it doesn't get you style. You don't have that guaranteed even with a £70m TV payment to spend.

In reply to the OP, yes, I do. I want him to stay and become a legendary Rangers manager, retire in maybe 2033 after being at Rangers for 50 years (we'll pretend the Killie period didn't happen).

But it's not going to happen.

In Scotland, most footballers have had a limited formal education. Their footballing talent allowed them to pursue sport instead of going to college or university.

It's probably fair to say that few of them could have been lawyers, doctors, airline pilots or teachers and yet when it comes to football management, we mostly limit ourselves to selecting from a group in society that was never trained or groomed to be anything other than footballers.

Of course there are articulate and motivated exceptions who will succeed in life after their football careers are over, but probably not enough in number to put footballers as a group anywhere near the traditional professional classes in terms of knowledge and intelligence.

By limiting the pool of people available to fill jobs in football management to a group not noted for being well-educated, football deprives itself of bright people who might have played a lot less, but who understand strategy, management, psychology and coaching much more.

It might sound snobbish, but the biggest snobs in football are the 'show us your medals' brigade which would prefer all lucrative coaching and management positions to be reserved exclusively for them.

Football clubs should open their doors to talented people from other walks of life who have greater management attributes but next to no chance of being employed because, essentially, they were too smart to have ever been given the chance.

Even if clubs feel that the position of manager needs to be filled by ex-players, they should stop them employing mates as assistants. Instead, let the club employ professional back-up to help with strategy, coaching, tactics, psychology and training.

There is room for improvement in football management. We can see that quite clearly at our own club. Isn't it time that we tried something a little different?

Do you really think this is a lot? As I said ONE Bayern player is on £10m a year, I'm sure there is higher in England. Trevor Steven used to be the highest paid player in the UK. We're now paying peanuts in comparison.

Saying that, there are two separate points. People are going on about us having a lot more than the opposition. This is correct but then we won the league 3/4 of the way into the season after no losses and two draws. That's what having "more money than the opposition" gets you. Ally has delivered there and people are arguing like we struggled to win the league.

The point is style. So while we're paying far more than the opposition we're still paying peanuts compared to the big clubs and we are seeing a comparable level of football.

People keep continually repeating the same arguments without actually dealing with the rebuttals. You can't just go out with a plan to play nice football and firstly have it happen and secondly, win. Yogi Hughes is again an excellent example of this with ICT dropping down the table. How do people explain it? Where is the evidence that this works? There are 42 professional teams in Scotland, surely more than half of them MUST agree with this premise for it to have any validity whatsoever? Therefore we should be seeing more than half the teams playing excellent football. Just where is the evidence in Scotland?

I asked several times at the beginning of the season for those going on about good football, to point out without the benefit of hindsight, which teams we should be playing like this season, and not one person took me up on it. I think that's because there's not one team in Scotland that plays good football and consistently wins - and it's far easier to criticise than to show you really know something. The talent is not here - as someone said, all the best Scottish players are in England, and even then not exactly the star players.

There's only one team that have the money to buy anyone of quality and even they are having to lower their sights massively.

Another point never dealt with is the fact we don't get value for money. First off as a club we're like a wedding - you go and buy a cake for any old party and it costs so much, let them know it's for a wedding and the price rockets.

Then you have the premium to play in League One. What player is going to snub say Aberdeen in the SPL to play for a club in League One without financial inducement?

Then there's the fact that we could only pick up players who happened to be on freedom of contract of which there are only a finite number who are of the minimum standard desired - so you're then desperate to get them. We had no leverage at all, and very little choice - that's why we picked up Foster and Smith, they just happened to be around at the right time.

What you get in the end is an average SPL team for about three times the money but full of players who care more about money than footballing ambition. I never remember anyone praising the standard of play of SPL teams even when they had far better players than they do now, so why should it be different at Ibrox?

So basically people are expecting average at best players to play BETTER football than most Rangers teams of the past which contained top players.

The money we're paying gets you the League One title at a canter, it doesn't get you style. You don't have that guaranteed even with a £70m TV payment to spend.

Again mentioning Bayern! What planet do you live on? You don't even watch our games.

The reason we don't play good football is because we have a useless manager incapable of implementing it, end of story.

Again mentioning Bayern! What planet do you live on? You don't even watch our games.

The reason we don't play good football is because we have a useless manager incapable of implementing it, end of story.

That's it in a nutshell mate and no amount of excuses or barrages of words or essays can justify this shite our fans have to suffer.

we have come up against many part time teams who play better football than us.

Come up against many SPL teams in recent years too, although it's got much worse.

I know Scottish football is very poor, but plenty teams pass the ball about far, far better than we do. They just don't have the same individual quality and fitness.

Celtic seem to have had a lot of success post MON playing the passing game, something conveniently forgotten about on here.

Come up against many SPL teams in recent years too, although it's got much worse.

I know Scottish football is very poor, but plenty teams pass the ball about far, far better than we do. They just don't have the same individual quality and fitness.

Celtic seem to have had a lot of success post MON playing the passing game, something conveniently forgotten about on here.

they also had tony total football mowbery.

chesney was pretty long ball as well.

as is lennon.