What?????????????

Which part of that sentence did you not understand?

You say the football we play has been awful since the days of Walter, and yet, even including the previous 2 season, we are the most successful club in recent times, trophy-wise. The style needed to win in Scotland, doesn't travel well in Europe. Even when we had the Gascgoines, and Laudrups, we often had our limitations exposed in Europe.

PLG being chased out the door after a few months shows that our support has no patience for any style that doesn't produce domestic success. We are in effect, victims of our geography. You disliked Walter, now Ally. I hardly think you will like any new manager who has to deliver the success that we crave. You're living in a dream world if you think any other style of play delivers trophies in the way that we have. Celtic have often had better footballing teams than us, and ended a season with f*ck all. It doesn't work in Scotland.

I decided that I wanted McCoist to be replaced after the draw with Stranraer at Christmas. Unlike some of his critics I've not been running around berating him at every turn. I'm probably a little bit similar to Zappa since I'd grudgingly settle for 3 successive promotions.

The problem is that now I think that there is a real danger that McCoist will not win promotion from the next league. The board should replace him if they think that there is another manager who can get more out of these players.

The photo just rubs salt into the wounds. It's all very well for the team to go back to Ibrox and have a meal and a drink to unwind after a defeat like that. I'd expect this and like to think that the mood would be pretty low and that everyone would go home early. Karaoke doesn't give me that impression. It's hardly surprising that someone would thoughtlessly post a photo if there is no indication that this should be a sombre occasion.

i really don't see much wrong with this.

life goes on. i've seen people sing at funerals. do we really expect them to go home and sit in a dark room sobbing.

Not quite sobbing in a dark room but I definitely expect them to think that they have better things to do that sing karaoke.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh though. I mean we don't even know what he was singing. It could have been 'Always look on the bright side of life' or 'The End'.

Which part of that sentence did you not understand?

You say the football we play has been awful since the days of Walter, and yet, even including the previous 2 season, we are the most successful club in recent times, trophy-wise. The style needed to win in Scotland, doesn't travel well in Europe. Even when we had the Gascgoines, and Laudrups, we often had our limitations exposed in Europe.

PLG being chased out the door after a few months shows that our support has no patience for any style that doesn't produce domestic success. We are in effect, victims of our geography. You disliked Walter, now Ally. I hardly think you will like any new manager who has to deliver the success that we crave. You're living in a dream world if you think any other style of play delivers trophies in the way that we have. Celtic have often had better footballing teams than us, and ended a season with f*ck all. It doesn't work in Scotland.

You're speaking nonsense!

In Walter's first stint we weren't playing total football but we largely kept the ball on the deck and often played fairly decent stuff 'domestically', difficult not to with the likes of Laudrup and Gazza. Why doesn't it work in Scotland? Did it not work originally under Advocaat? Did it not work in 02/03 with Advocaat's players? Across history has a plethora of route 1 teams been the success stories in Scottish football? Or has it been teams featuring the best players that have generally won?

For the avoidance of doubt, we have not won the majority of our trophies in our illustrious history playing route 1 football.

I wasn't Walter's biggest fan by any means but he's 10 times the manager Ally will ever be.

'The style needed to win in Scotland'. fuck me :rolleyes:

He also got them defeated by Morton at Parkhead in the League Cup and Morton are relegation fodder having won 5, drawn 7 and lost 20 in the Championship.

aye, but.

look, I just can't bring myself to get into a discussion praising TLB any more than I have done already - but I don't think I need to. You can contrast and compare just as well as I can.

A Daily Record poll is showing over 60% want him to stay - FFS! :confused:

Obviously tims. Polls open the public are always infested by them. Will be massaged by the Rhebel too, make no mistake the media would love Ally to stay. For them, he is doing a great job.

You're speaking nonsense!

In Walter's first stint we weren't playing total football but we largely kept the ball on the deck and often played fairly decent stuff 'domestically', difficult not to with the likes of Laudrup and Gazza. Why doesn't it work in Scotland? Did it not work originally under Advocaat? Did it not work in 02/03 with Advocaat's players? Across history has a plethora of route 1 teams been the success stories in Scottish football? Or has it been teams featuring the best players that have generally won?

For the avoidance of doubt, we have not won the majority of our trophies in our illustrious history playing route 1 football.

I wasn't Walter's biggest fan by any means but he's 10 times the manager Ally will ever be.

'The style needed to win in Scotland'. fuck me :rolleyes:

The football played under Souness, Walter(first stint), and Advocaat, was possible because we had mainly foreign players of a vastly superior quality to the opposition. Those days are gone, and will likely never return. Scotland doesn't produce footballers anymore. The problem is at grass roots level. By the time Ally gets his hands on them, it's too late. His only option is to play route one, percentage football.

Have you ever been at Ibrox when we're one down, and we play a backwards pass or try keep possession in our own half? You have to look around to see if there's been a murder, such is the disdain shown by the support. " get it fucking forward Rangers", "Stop fucking about with it". All popular cries whenever we try and string 3 or 4 passes together in a non-threatening area.

Trophies are everything to our support, decent football comes a distant second. If one our many clear cut chances went in yesterday, this thread wouldn't even exist. I'm no Ally defender, but I can see it for what it is. A shite state of affairs, that Ally only has so much control over. When he gets pumped and replaced by Billy Davies, or some other low achiever that some of you seem to crave, perhaps you will get my point.