As someone said last night winning is the job of the Rangers manager. If the side don't win, particularly cup finals then criticism and pressure are inevitable. Whatever happens Rangers must win, nothing else really matters.

It was a poor performance yesterday, very poor. Had we taken one of the chances we had and won the match then McCoist would simply be doing what all Rangers managers have been charged with; winning. However, without a trophy McCoist puts him and his position under pressure. We'll see what reaction there is from the players this weekend. That will tell us a lot about his management and more importantly the players relationship with him.

I want Ally to succeed, as long as his side is winning he has my support, however not winning simply isn't acceptable. Let's see what the this week brings.

Was that defeat indicative of Ceptic's general performance though???

I can't say I follow their results often enough to know, but the Morton League Cup defeat was on their own turf, as was the Scottish Cup exit to Aberdeen.

Their general performances are of a higher standard than ours, but surely that's exactly what you'd expect from a team spending £30m a season (or whatever it is) on their player wage bill to win a one horse race?

We regularly get accused of the same (spending fortunes to win a one horse race last season and this season) and it can't be denied, but let's put it into a bit of perspective. Celtic are probably paying their players something like £25m more than any other team in their league, while we're paying ours something like £6m more than any other team in our league. There's a massive difference. £25m to buy a league title and try to compete in Cups versus £6m to buy a league title and try to compete in Cups.

To many, our defeat yesterday came as no surprise. When was the last time that we actually outclassed the opposition, and scored a decent amount of goals???

I think we've more often than not outclassed our opposition this season in the league, but the last time we scored a decent amount of goals and won in style was probably when we put Dunfermline out of the Scottish Cup a couple of months ago.

There's all sorts of reasons for the turgid displays though. The manager can be blamed for bringing in a player like Daly and seeming to arrange our tactics around high balls up to him and into the box for him, but the manager isn't to blame for the Clubs in our league putting up great fights against us, battling their hearts out and defending for their lives week in week out.

Many of the close shaves home and away have been under circumstances where we could maybe have won by 3, 4 or 5 goals, but due to great saves, great defending, a bit of bad luck hitting the woodwork etc, games have often been far tighter than we'd have liked.

Am I saying we've played great every week and Ally has his squad playing like a well drilled, world beating goal machine? No, absolutely not.

I can't say I follow their results often enough to know, but the Morton League Cup defeat was on their own turf, as was the Scottish Cup exit to Aberdeen.

Their general performances are of a higher standard than ours, but surely that's exactly what you'd expect from a team spending £30m a season (or whatever it is) on their player wage bill to win a one horse race?

We regularly get accused of the same (spending fortunes to win a one horse race last season and this season) and it can't be denied, but let's put it into a bit of perspective. Celtic are probably paying their players something like £25m more than any other team in their league, while we're paying ours something like £6m more than any other team in our league. There's a massive difference. £25m to buy a league title and try to compete in Cups versus £6m to buy a league title and try to compete in Cups.

I think we've more often than not outclassed our opposition this season in the league, but the last time we scored a decent amount of goals and won in style was probably when we put Dunfermline out of the Scottish Cup a couple of months ago.

There's all sorts of reasons for the turgid displays though. The manager can be blamed for bringing in a player like Daly and seeming to arrange our tactics around high balls up to him and into the box for him, but the manager isn't to blame for the Clubs in our league putting up great fights against us, battling their hearts out and defending for their lives week in week out.

Many of the close shaves home and away have been under circumstances where we could maybe have won by 3, 4 or 5 goals, but due to great saves, great defending, a bit of bad luck hitting the woodwork etc, games have often been far tighter than we'd have liked.

Am I saying we've played great every week and Ally has his squad playing like a well drilled, world beating goal machine? No, absolutely not.

We were waiting on raith tiring yesterday the way part time teams in our league do. But in the 116th minute they were the ones with fresh legs and men forward.

We set up for penalties and failed.

I would like to know the reason Wallace was replaced by a right back when Smith was on the Park. As far as I could see Smith was there to take free kicks and corner kicks, which he could quite easily have taken from the left back position.

I note that FF is pulling threads featuring the karaoke image.

Anyone know if there's a specific reason?

No idea other than a guess that it's being deemed as embarrassing for Ally and more importantly, the Club.

I would expect Temps might be in Ally's bad books if it's true that his girlfriend took the photo and leaked it. Obviously she's thicker than the thickest of mince.

No idea other than a guess that it's being deemed as embarrassing for Ally and more importantly, the Club.

I would expect Temps might be in Ally's bad books if it's true that his girlfriend took the photo and leaked it. Obviously she's thicker than the thickest of mince.

I don't know if it WAS her that took it Zappa but her name appeared below it, she could have been tagged on it I'm not sure.

I think we've more often than not outclassed our opposition this season in the league,

We have dominated opponents ie. greater possession, but rarely have I seen us actually out-class them & generally given them a lesson in how to play the game.

All too often we are talking about "what could have been"....if only's etc. our tactics and players are not clinical enough. We have had 2 seasons so far, of playing against packed defences, yet have not worked out any tactic (that works) for breaking them down. As I stated in another post/thread, we are not a team, we are playing as individuals in the same outfits. Our tactics are non-existent and the player appear to lack any real spark or creativity - That comes down to the manager!!!