On Reflection I thought McCoist Did Well Yesterday

Yesterday showed that we can match the frenetic pace of the SPL but can't channel it properly. If we had played at that tempo v Raith Rovers we would have swept them aside. ...

... and we are rather wayward with our finishing, both yesterday, as well as last week. 22 shots at goal tell a story. Maybe the idea to bring a in a seasoned finisher should not be disregarded. Aside from blooding Gallagher and McKay every now and then as well.

... and we are rather wayward with our finishing, both yesterday, as well as last week. 22 shots at goal tell a story. Maybe the idea to bring a in a seasoned finisher should not be disregarded. Aside from blooding Gallagher and McKay every now and then as well.

Very sound ideas dB.

Coaches will tell you that that is because in modern football you cannot afford to have any players not contributing, a second striker just to stand up the park is not contributing enough to the team. But lone strikers need to be almost superhuman and need good subs for when they run out of gas.

Our lone striker approach is too easy to defend against, lumping it in the general direction of Daly and hoping he's going to get on the end of it every time is wasteful imo. A target man is just that, a player that the ball must get to him, not somewhere way behind him or way short. There's far to much distance at times between Daly and wingers or someone who should be playing just off him as db has said.

That's very interesting also. You will know better than me but I got the impression he had lost it?

Oh I've no unique insight, only what I saw with my own eyes. I'd say the bulk of the support have now decided McCoist isn't the man for the job, they've not audibly turned on him but in my opinion most have now accepted it isn't going to work out. The players will know this, they'll read the posts and hear the chat like all the rest of us. So, had they given up on him I feel the display would have been quite different yesterday. There was a fight and desire yesterday that I've not seen much of recently.

I feel if he had lost it the players would have rolled over and had their tummies tickled yesterday. That didn't happen.

Yes he's lost it, no doubt about it. Yesterdays 45 minute effort was not for McCoist, it was for the players themselves.

With respect that's pure guess work. If they wanted rid of Ally a toothless 5-0 doing yesterday would have sealed the deal. Players aren't daft, they know this.

With respect that's pure guess work. If they wanted rid of Ally a toothless 5-0 doing yesterday would have sealed the deal. Players aren't daft, they know this.

The players for themselves would never have done that. They may be imposters and poor professionals but we all have pride. We have seen for 3 years now under McCoist players not giving their all for him or the club and fans.

Yesterday was also a good opportunity for players to put themselves in the shop window.

Yeah there was never any danger of them not trying yesterday. It was a last chance for some and as you say a shop window for others. It's crystal clear these guys have not been trying a leg for their manager since they have been here. Fans would never have forgiven them for not giving their all yesterday, there was no hiding place.

Did mcoist do well yesterday? team performance first half apart from defence was encouraging and had a tempo severly lacking for a long time. Why did we revert to type ie long howf up the park in second half? Was it allys instruction or the players? either way it points back to ally as he should be directing our style of play. So what did we learn yesterday? Nowt and we never were. A win would have secured ally on a minimum 2 year contract which would be a disaster for Rangers fc with so many cracks being papered over.

Defeat with feisty performance will be a sign of progress and confirmation ally should stay by his loyal supporters. His detractors just feel that same old shortcomings were exposed. What now? Each passing day i care a little bit less. Some will tell me just fuck off then. Fair do's but how many turning away will be too many?