Ach, you have got to admire the semi-retired Great Gibbo.

He can still summon the energy to indulge in a bit of masturbatory triumphalism. Initially, he masks the unedifying spectacle by evoking a piece of literature lionising Thomas Moore. Glenn is leading the parade, the stick is in the air, ridiculous swagger to the fore, culminating in the release, 'Rangers are no longer a big club'.

The 'Rangers are no longer a big club' line has been peddled recently by the usual suspects on BBC Radio Scotland, Glenn has pounded it out(literally) in print. The triumphalism is very real, masturbation is often most reliant upon imagination. The establishment, and Glenn and his Pacific Quay pals are very much the establishment; have poor imagination.

A wee side note on the establishment. I hear Stuart Cosgrove has been quite breathless recently, informing anyone that would listen he has been lunching with the Lord Advocate, Frank Mullholland. As a long term advisor to Ms Cunningham MSP, why would big Stu' be lunching with regular contributor to ra Sellik AGMs, Frank Mullholland? We should be told.

Ach, you have got to admire the semi-retired Great Gibbo.

He can still summon the energy to indulge in a bit of masturbatory triumphalism. Initially, he masks the unedifying spectacle by evoking a piece of literature lionising Thomas Moore. Glenn is leading the parade, the stick is in the air, ridiculous swagger to the fore, culminating in the release, 'Rangers are no longer a big club'.

The 'Rangers are no longer a big club' line has been peddled recently by the usual suspects on BBC Radio Scotland, Glenn has pounded it out(literally) in print. The triumphalism is very real, masturbation is often most reliant upon imagination. The establishment, and Glenn and his Pacific Quay pals are very much the establishment; have poor imagination.

A wee side note on the establishment. I hear Stuart Cosgrove has been quite breathless recently, informing anyone that would listen he has been lunching with the Lord Advocate, Frank Mullholland. As a long term advisor to Ms Cunningham MSP, why would big Stu' be lunching with regular contributor to ra Sellik AGMs, Frank Mullholland? We should be told.

Would that be the same Lord Advocate Mulholland Celtic supporter and Green Brigade devotee? maybe Tossgrove is giving the Lord Advocate the BBC's successful recipe how to alienate Rangers supporters. But at the same time admonish Celtic Republican terrorist supporters.

Forgetting about who wrote the article and much of its content but the title of the thread IS correct. We don't know the impact that a season ticket boycott will have.

Many fans seem to think that they know how the directors will react and that the effect will be but we are moving into uncharted territory. I can see various scenarios and not all of them good. Some may be really bad.

I'm not saying do or don't boycott as I also don't have a crystal ball but just be warned that your action may have unintended consequences.

We are in crisis because the current ownership of Rangers isn't trusted.

We are in crisis because the previous ownership of the club couldn't be trusted.

We are in crisis because the ownership of the club previous to the last ownership couldn't be trusted.

Is there anyone out there who still can't see what the problem is?

What is the weakest link at Rangers Football Club?

Defective ownership.

What is the cure?

Fan ownership.

Forgetting about who wrote the article and much of its content but the title of the thread IS correct. We don't know the impact that a season ticket boycott will have.

Many fans seem to think that they know how the directors will react and that the effect will be but we are moving into uncharted territory. I can see various scenarios and not all of them good. Some may be really bad.

I'm not saying do or don't boycott as I also don't have a crystal ball but just be warned that your action may have unintended consequences.

You're absolutely right. Have you also pondered the various scenarios from the point of view of people who actually secretly want the season ticket holders to boycott because it would give them a perfect excuse to do all sorts of asset stripping?

Trying to blame the threat of withholding ST monies for the going concern issues of the company in the recent interim results when the company would have going concern issues anyway - even with a full compliment of ST renewals - is possibly a huge warning sign.

ther's no question if the directors want to sink us they will use that as an excuse.

it's hard to see how any board though can justify admin with 30 -50 million of investment sitting waiting.

The problem for Mr Gibbons is that his "Rangers are no longer....... blah blah blah" appears to be falling upon deaf ears.

Anyone inside Ibrox last Saturday knows exactly what we are. In cosmic terms, a fairly insipid, spiteful, bitter, hate filled force has well and truly come up against an immovable object, There will only be one winner.

Naturally, Gibbons is entitled to his opinion on the financial situation at Rangers as much as any other man for all seasons.

However, it cannot escape my notice that his blog epitomises what is wrong with Scotland, and in particular, media-driven bigotry, particularly in the field of football journalism.

As 26th of foot rightly points out, Gibbons gives literary credence to Thomas More, and goes on, quite rightly, to portray the man as a leading intellectual of the time.

However, in one of the many quickstep/sidesteps in this blog, he omits to mention that the man known by the Catholic Church as Saint Thomas More was, contrary to his reputation as a humanist, an aggressive opponent of the Lutherism movement and, despite historical attempts to whitewash his involvement, his implication as a main instigator in the barbaric persecutions and burnings of the time cannot be hidden. Ultimately, his overarching loyalty to the Papacy over the oaths he swore to his monarch ensured his execution.

The metaphorical nature of Gibbons choosing a literary definition of More as an introduction to a blog persecuting Rangers and it's fans is certainly not lost on me, and is quite contemptible. As a humanist who certainly doesn't believe in persecution for belief, I find the game that Gibbons is attempting to play to be bigoted and one sided with no place whatsoever in a modern world, let alone modern Scotland.

No doubt, Gibbons plays this cleverly, but essentially continues a career-long hatred of anything Rangers, combined with a thinly disguised intense dislike of what he perceives to be the values our fanbase represents.

Despite his subtle attempts to lay the blame elsewhere, Gibbons is clearly a prime motivator in continuing to stoke up the fires of bigotry and persecution which cast their flickering flames over all that is wrong with Scottish football rivalry and sectarianism in Scotland.

It strikes me that in another century, Gibbons would have been one who ecstatically stoked flames for a different purpose altogether.