Scouting for more Consultants?

Yes, financial consultants. In fairness though, it's pretty obvious that two dozen accountants and a plethora of investment and fund management gurus is insufficient.

Yes, financial consultants. In fairness though, it's pretty obvious that two dozen accountants and a plethora of investment and fund management gurus is insufficient.

The consulting which is really required is with supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks have long been saying our boardroom saga resembles Game of Thrones, so the appointment of a Tyrell to the "small council" should come as no surprise.

An exiled King and now this - you couldn't make it up (unless you're George R. R. Martin).

Edited by Thinker

Outspoken new spin doctor rolls into Ibrox as Rangers appoint public relations consultant

THE Ibrox club have turned to Merseyside public relations consultant Paul Tyrrell - a man who once accused of comparing prominent Liverpool fans to a genocidal army.

THE new spin doctor at Rangers was once accused of labelling a section of his own support the sporting equivalent of the notorious Khmer Rouge.

The Ibrox club have turned to Merseyside public relations consultant Paul Tyrrell to guide them through the turbulence of the next few months.

Tyrrell, a former 
communications boss at Liverpool and Everton, appears well qualified for his new job – his current clients include the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

He is also a consultant to BBC North in England and ironically Rangers have adopted a policy of 
non-cooperation with the Beeb since last May.

Tyrrell’s first brief is to try to sell the club’s 120-day review to fans who have vowed to boycott the renewal of season tickets in protest at the unpopular board.

The review is expected to be published later today and the Union of Fans last night demanded it answer crucial questions on the future of the club or it will be dismissed as a “damp squib”.

Tyrrell, then working at Goodison, caused anger on Merseyside last year when a dossier was leaked in which he allegedly compared prominent Liverpool fans to 
Cambodia’s genocidal army from the 1970s.

It was claimed the 
document was penned three years earlier by Tyrrell, then head of press at Anfield, at the height of antagonism between supporters and the unpopular regime led by Americans Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

But Tyrrell refused to be drawn yesterday and said: “Sorry. I never comment on anything I may or may not have written in the past.”

He added: “I am merely helping the club out with strategic communications on a consultancy basis over the next few months.

“I run my own consultancy and clients include BBC and the UFC. I have worked in the past for Man City, 
Liverpool and Everton.”

Tyrrell’s appointment comes as umbrella group the Union of Fans laid out their expectations for chief Graham Wallace’s report.

A spokesman said: “We hope this review will not be more vague corporate speak from Mr Wallace. We want to see measurable progress and firm commitments on the huge investment required. Anything less will be a damp squib.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/outspoken-new-spin-doctor-rolls-3449016

There was talk on twitter/FF that Calderwood was at Auchenhowie this week with some suggestions from the Dutch market.

As for the Khmer Rouge stuff, it would do well not to harp about with such half-info, but a bit more substance. But hey, it is far easier to hit us with such stuff in the face and tell us how stupid we (i.e. the club) are. That the comment apparently did not stop other "respected" customers to work with him ... well who cares!

I'm sorry bud, but I do.

“Sorry. I never comment on anything I may or may not have written in the past.”

is not the kind of attitude I am looking for as we move forward (there's a (hollow) laugh)). If that is Mr Tyrell's modus operandi, it means he can publish or say on or off the record anything he wants to and never, under any circumstances, be held to account for it. Even in a business like the Barclay Bros. that level of non-accountablity would raise at least one eyebrow; in a business which has chronic trust issues between club and fanbase, it's just asking for trouble.

Who knows, he may prove me completely wrong. But as a mission statement, it stinks. Already! Can't we ever just employ people who are fans of Rangers, are willing to be as open as is feasible - no-one, despite posts to the contrary, expects every single detail to be made public - and if there's bad news, say so?

It's not that fucking difficult, it really isn't. It's heartbreaking and infuriating in equal measures to see Rangers run in such a cack handed fashion, year after year. However, as I say, the guy isn't even in the door yet so fingers crossed.