Southampton or Liverpool. Not Scottish I know but it can be done.

To be fair Southampton are the exception rather than the rule. Liverpool have bought all their exciting players, they are good to watch though. I'd have put Swansea onto this list although it's all gone a bit pear-shaped there of late.

To be fair Southampton are the exception rather than the rule. Liverpool have bought all their exciting players, they are good to watch though. I'd have put Swansea onto this list although it's all gone a bit pear-shaped there of late.
Sterling, Flanagan?

Sterling was bought for £5 million from QPR.

Flanagan's a fullback, defence isn't their strong point from what i've seen.

They bought Sterling when he was about 15 that's pretty long term thinking.

I'd say Flanagan's been pretty impressive in what i've seen of Liverpool anyway, and kept expensive signings out of the team.

They bought Sterling when he was about 15 that's pretty long term thinking.

I'd say Flanagan's been pretty impressive in what i've seen of Liverpool anyway, and kept expensive signings out of the team.

As often happens I've no longer an idea what point you're trying to make now. Whatever age he was Liverpool still bought him for a shitload of money. Most people would agree Liverpool play good attractive football although with the money they've spent I don't think it's too much to expect.

Flanagan has half a season under his belt, Liverpool's defence has cost them the league title, their defending is naive at best, Flanagan might go on and become someone special but it's far too early to tell.

Either way comparing them with Rangers is farcical, we operate in different galaxies now.

As often happens I've no longer an idea what point you're trying to make now. Whatever age he was Liverpool still bought him for a shitload of money. Most people would agree Liverpool play good attractive football although with the money they've spent I don't think it's too much to expect.

Flanagan has half a season under his belt, Liverpool's defence has cost them the league title, their defending is naive at best, Flanagan might go on and become someone special but it's far too early to tell.

Either way comparing them with Rangers is farcical, we operate in different galaxies now.

It was a few hundred thousand they bought him for with the millions being paid in the future depending on the number of first team appearances, I realise it maybe doesn't quite make him a full academy product but it's the kind of moves we'd all like to see us making i'm sure.

I'm not sure why you're having a pop it wasn't even me that brought up other clubs I just responded to your point about Liverpool and mentioned players they've developed.