I'd point out that only last August Kenny Miller scored a cracker at Wembley and looked as good as he's ever looked.

I can see where McCoist is coming from on this. McCoist want's promotion from Div 1, pure and simple. Forget about rebuilding, buying for the future or blooding youngsters, McCoist want's promotion no matter what. To be fair on McCoist all Rangers managers are judged on today, on what they achieve just now, not on what might happen 12 months or 24 months from now. If we don't start next season well McCoist is toast, he knows that better than anyone.

So is Miller better than Little because that's basically been the swap. I've not seen him play since the match against England but on that evidence the answer is yes, he is.

Can Kenny Miller lead the line, help the dressing room and score goals in Div 1, again I'd say yes. Even in his twilight years he's good enough for this level.

Could his experience help Nicky Clark's game, again I think so.

Can Miller link with Daly, yes, clearly having a mobile instinct player around will benefit Daly.

I understand why there is dismay at this and also the general unhappiness many have with Ally as manager, however I can't see why this is a 'bad' signing. We're not competing for Europe, we're not chasing Celtic, we're trying to win Div 1. Plus he's free.

13 goals in 45 in the MLS suggests Miller's best days are long behind him. Also, he'll be a year older than he was at Wembley, which is a long time in your mid 30's

We should only be making signings that can challenge Celtic in the SPL.

Clark clearly has no long term future with us and if Daly is still here next season then that is beyond frightening. Thankfully I doubt he will be fit enough for the SPL, whenever we get there. He's barely fit to play in the third tier.

13 goals in 45 in the MLS suggests Miller's best days are long behind him. Also, he'll be a year older than he was at Wembley, which is a long time in your mid 30's

We should only be making signings that can challenge Celtic in the SPL.

with this board i think we may have to aim a lot lower.

but you are of course absolutely correct.

as a caveat if miller really is cheap then he could really help us get through the championship.

Small point of order, Vancouver isn't in the US.

Nice one and I'd accept it's a rather large point of order!

Apologies to any Canadians I have inadvertently offended.

However, since it is the MLS I suspect that all the salaries are quoted in USD for uniformity and it might explain the rather odd amounts if it was say 1,000,000 CAN in his contract and the MLS adjusted to a higher amount of USD. Obviously it would depend on the operative dates as the CAN was actually above parity with the USD for long periods in 2012.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

McCoist didn't have to as there was no doubt about getting out of leagues of butchers and joiners

You have to laugh at this ridiculous analogy. I wonder what percentage of our opponents are actually ex-pros, or up and coming possibles, as opposed to them all being butchers, joiners, and not forgetting our trusty postmen. Part time footballers can be equally as fit, and in some cases equally as skillful as pros, especially in this country.

You have to laugh at this ridiculous analogy. I wonder what percentage of our opponents are actually ex-pros, or up and coming possibles, as opposed to them all being butchers, joiners, and not forgetting our trusty postmen. Part time footballers can be equally as fit, and in some cases equally as skillful as pros, especially in this country.

Part time is part time, while we've paid millions to top flight full time players and even a fair few internationalists.

I know you like to defend Ally but it's ridiculous to talk as if we've actually faced any decent challenge these last two years.

Part time is part time, while we've paid millions to top flight full time players and even a fair few internationalists.

I know you like to defend Ally but it's ridiculous to talk as if we've actually faced any decent challenge these last two years.

Over the course of the season, of course there was little challenge, but on a game by game basis, we had more than a few battles that we were lucky to escape from. In fact, we suffered some defeats and draws along the way. I just think it's a tad disrespectful to label them all butchers and candlestick makers. Overall the teams lack quality but there was many a player that wouldn't have looked out of place with a blue shirt on.

Nothing to do with Ally.

Around 6k a week is probably what Miller considers to be "nominal". It's a gimpy signing, regardless of the wage. A 2 year contract is even more unbelievable. The thought of Miller leading the line upon our return to the spl is frightening.

The idea of McCoist managing us in the top flight is even more scarey....