If we want back to the top division ASAP and back into Europe in the shortest possible timescale then it was always going to be like this. We were never going to make money going up the leagues

It was never necessary to spunk £70m to get promoted from the fourth and third tiers of Scottish football.

It was never necessary to spunk £70m to get promoted from the fourth and third tiers of Scottish football.

Perhaps not and that is why Wallace needs to drastically reduce the non-footballing costs amongst other things

With Wallace it's a case of physician heel thyself surely?

Reducing his remuneration alone will not solve much.

Everyone wanted a big name CEO. The reqs were talking about Purslow.Did you expect him to work for peanuts?

Perhaps not and that is why Wallace needs to drastically reduce the non-footballing costs amongst other things

Are you for real Rab? Have you seen the ins and outs? The costs that need cut are the footballing costs. The huge football related wage bill.

Are you for real Rab? Have you seen the ins and outs? The costs that need cut are the footballing costs. The huge football related wage bill.

The wage bill compared to turnover is not excessive

The wage bill compared to turnover is not excessive

Did you fall for Ally's spin? It's over 50% Rab, that's far too much.

Look at the turnover and take away the Income we won't get every other year, then work out what it is annually. Footballing salary costs are about 50 odd % of turnover mate.

The IPO diluted the ratio Ally was trying to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd point out that only last August Kenny Miller scored a cracker at Wembley and looked as good as he's ever looked.

I can see where McCoist is coming from on this. McCoist want's promotion from Div 1, pure and simple. Forget about rebuilding, buying for the future or blooding youngsters, McCoist want's promotion no matter what. To be fair on McCoist all Rangers managers are judged on today, on what they achieve just now, not on what might happen 12 months or 24 months from now. If we don't start next season well McCoist is toast, he knows that better than anyone.

So is Miller better than Little because that's basically been the swap. I've not seen him play since the match against England but on that evidence the answer is yes, he is.

Can Kenny Miller lead the line, help the dressing room and score goals in Div 1, again I'd say yes. Even in his twilight years he's good enough for this level.

Could his experience help Nicky Clark's game, again I think so.

Can Miller link with Daly, yes, clearly having a mobile instinct player around will benefit Daly.

I understand why there is dismay at this and also the general unhappiness many have with Ally as manager, however I can't see why this is a 'bad' signing. We're not competing for Europe, we're not chasing Celtic, we're trying to win Div 1. Plus he's free.

Completely agree amms, although I'd probably add that for me at least, it will all come down to what sort of contract Miller is given, if any.

I certainly wouldn't like to see us handing him any more than a one year rolling contract, given his age and career-long inconsistency.

Another issue I have is that I think Boyd would probably be a better option if it's a case of one or the other because Boyd is still to this day a proven goal-scorer in the Scottish top flight.

There's so many different ramifications and different ways of looking at the subject of our strikers though, based on different possible signings and potential partnerships, so it's not a particularly easy subject to comment on.