Over the course of the season, of course there was little challenge, but on a game by game basis, we had more than a few battles that we were lucky to escape from. In fact, we suffered some defeats and draws along the way. I just think it's a tad disrespectful to label them all butchers and candlestick makers. Overall the teams lack quality but there was many a player that wouldn't have looked out of place with a blue shirt on.

Nothing to do with Ally.

Because of poor managerial decisions.

In reality, it's everything to do with Ally.

As for "many a player that wouldn't have looked out of place with a blue shirt on. " :roflmao: Stop, just stop it.

If we want back to the top division ASAP and back into Europe in the shortest possible timescale then it was always going to be like this. We were never going to make money going up the leagues

That was our problem in the top league as well mate. Just throw money at it more often than not money we didn't have

I'd broadly agree but who has ultimate responsibility ?

Has to be the manager, he was given all the tools and some to do the job and has made a complete Noël Hunt of it. He has been backed and supported in almost every way possible.

How hard did he fight to have a scouting network put in place post Newco?

What does Ian Durrant actually do?

What is Kenny McDowalls input to team affairs?

Why did we sign so many players we simply didn't need?

Why can't our players not hit a dead ball properly?

Why are set pieces neglected?

How hard did he work on a sustainable and efficient plan to prepare us for the SPL?

How much work has been put into developing our own players giving them sufficient game time to be ready to play and hold their own when needed in the future?

I could go on all day asking questions.

Fwiw, I don't want any of the usual suspects answering the above questions on behalf of Ally making excuses for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to laugh at this ridiculous analogy. I wonder what percentage of our opponents are actually ex-pros, or up and coming possibles, as opposed to them all being butchers, joiners, and not forgetting our trusty postmen. Part time footballers can be equally as fit, and in some cases equally as skillful as pros, especially in this country.

If people would have listened to e.g. Tom Miller, they would know much of the background of all those fourth and third tier footballers we came up against these last two seasons.

At the end of the day, while various circumstances meant that we did not exactly shine on the field of play these last two seasons 24/7, we kept these people - who each had 4 cup-finals per season against us - at bargepole's length over both seasons. Matter of fact, even the well-drilled pros of Dunfermline.

Re Clark ... he played in 22 league games this season, scored 9 goals there and assisted another 5. Dunno his cup score, but for a young striker at a club like Rangers during his first season, that ain't too bad. I would assume that he'll learn a lot from the likes of Miller, though I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a main striker force of Boyd and Miller at the end of the summer.

Has to be the manager, he was given all the tools and some to do the job and has made a complete Noël Hunt of it. He has been backed and supported in almost every way possible.

Ultimate responsibility lys in the boardroom, not with Ally McCoist.

I agree that our football operation is a shambles and that those in positions of responsibility within should have been moved on a while ago (that includes AMcC and coaching team aswell as J.Sinclair). Those decisions haven't been taken and the wisdom of that lys at the door of the boardroom.

Some who support the current board agree that McCoist et al have been found wanting.

How do they square those points of view ?

There is a train of thought that 'you cannot teach an old dog new tricks' and i think it applies here also.

We all crave a new footballing outlook and youth system / policy etc. and there are numerous clubs that one can look at in envy to see how it should be done. But to me its clear that clubs who have developed in this way have came at the expense of new coaching and managerial personnel - which has kick started the process.

I feel we are in the situation where if we retain the services of McCoist, McDowall, Durrant, Sinclair, Durie....then things will never change.