We all crave a new footballing outlook and youth system / policy etc. and there are numerous clubs that one can look at in envy to see how it should be done.

Really??? I keep asking for examples and have had a deafening silence. Kind of strange you also didn't even include one specific example.

Personally, I don't know of any Scottish team out of the other 41 that are a good example of the footballing outlook that seems to be the new cult religion of complete faith and no evidence.

As I keep saying, the strange thing is that there are a load of teams in Scotland playing no better football than us - and yet they fans continue to turn up despite the fact that in the league they don't win more than 9 times out of 10 and never lose.

Really??? I keep asking for examples and have had a deafening silence. Kind of strange you also didn't even include one specific example.

Personally, I don't know of any Scottish team out of the other 41 that are a good example of the footballing outlook that seems to be the new cult religion of complete faith and no evidence.

As I keep saying, the strange thing is that there are a load of teams in Scotland playing no better football than us - and yet they fans continue to turn up despite the fact that in the league they don't win more than 9 times out of 10 and never lose.

I for one want to be entertained. I want to see Rangers play attractive high paced football. I want to come away from Ibrox feeling I got my monies worth win, lose or draw. Instead of us grinding results out week in week out. I don't mind that every now and again sometimes you have to win ugly but with us it's almost every week

I for one want to be entertained. I want to see Rangers play attractive high paced football. I want to come away from Ibrox feeling I got my monies worth win, lose or draw. Instead of us grinding results out week in week out. I don't mind that every now and again sometimes you have to win ugly but with us it's almost every week

Which is all fair. IF you have quality players and play teams that try playing football too. It has been said time and again, but people don't face up to our current reality or simply don't want to hear. It is simply fact and not excuse that ...

- we currently have a sub-Rangers standard team (if compared to these last three decades and no matter what they earn by comparison)

- we face teams that can play football but ...

-- almost always try to stop us from scoring or playing (and to counter that you need better players than we have, at least if you want to see silky stuff 24/7)

-- seem to look good if they apply counter attacking football

-- have 4 really important, cup-final style games a season (and you wonder what they do in the rest, given their other results), whereas we face 36 "potential cup-slip-ups" in turn.

- at some point you adapt to what is thrown in front of you and try to beat it, with or without (more often than not) playing silky or entertaining football

- we have a manager who sticks to far too defensive game tactics (but who is, at the end of the day, successful)

I mean, we all knew what we were up to when we started our journey back. A ragtag band of players managed to win the SFL 3, a nigh totally different band of players cantered through Division One, not always entertaining, but see above. Our straits have been and are well and truly narrow these days, and that is something one can, for the time being, accept. We should not be content with what we see right now, far from it. But we should be objective enough to see why it is the case. We had unparalleled success since Souness, almost 30 years, so we should be able to sit out a couple of seasons or so without being the shining light of Scottish football. (I know that some will now jump in and proclaim that with the current board and management, the Yahoos will easily make it 10IAR. Football never works like that though and I would be surprised if the Scum actually get to 5 tainted titles on the trot.

Which is all fair. IF you have quality players and play teams that try playing football too. It has been said time and again, but people don't face up to our current reality or simply don't want to hear. It is simply fact and not excuse that ...

- we currently have a sub-Rangers standard team (if compared to these last three decades and no matter what they earn by comparison)

- we face teams that can play football but ...

-- almost always try to stop us from scoring or playing (and to counter that you need better players than we have, at least if you want to see silky stuff 24/7)

-- seem to look good if they apply counter attacking football

-- have 4 really important, cup-final style games a season (and you wonder what they do in the rest, given their other results), whereas we face 36 "potential cup-slip-ups" in turn.

- at some point you adapt to what is thrown in front of you and try to beat it, with or without (more often than not) playing silky or entertaining football

- we have a manager who sticks to far too defensive game tactics (but who is, at the end of the day, successful)

I mean, we all knew what we were up to when we started our journey back. A ragtag band of players managed to win the SFL 3, a nigh totally different band of players cantered through Division One, not always entertaining, but see above. Our straits have been and are well and truly narrow these days, and that is something one can, for the time being, accept. We should not be content with what we see right now, far from it. But we should be objective enough to see why it is the case. We had unparalleled success since Souness, almost 30 years, so we should be able to sit out a couple of seasons or so without being the shining light of Scottish football. (I know that some will now jump in and proclaim that with the current board and management, the Yahoos will easily make it 10IAR. Football never works like that though and I would be surprised if the Scum actually get to 5 tainted titles on the trot.

Nonsense, we have a team of highly paid professionals some of whom are internationals who look absolutely clueless week in week out. I watched Barcelona dominate Celtic and even though Barcelona lost I was in no doubt who was the better side. I can't say the same for Rangers these teams look our equals timr and time again and that is down to the manager, coachin staff and the players. It is scandalous we continue to make excuses for them