how do you take rangers actively trying to punt a whole u20 squad who are very close to winning the league to far?

For the time being, I take that as a rumour.

At a professional football club, especially those who make a living of selling their talented players to those who can buy, this is nothing astonishing either. That is, players are always available for transfer. Do we actively try to push all our youngsters out of the door though? I'd take such info with a spoon of salt. Currently, I would assume that the club needs to cut its clothes to survive the barren years. which is not to say that it stops looking for talent or won't give youngsters a chance. Priority now is to take the club back to the top tier and we have a rather packed first team squad already, with only a few of these players leaving this summer. Thus, it is feasible that only a selective few of the u20 plus overaged youngsters will get a chance with the first team. Hence, the club will probably cut a few of the professional youths lose, sign up some of the u17s et al and go on from there. Even with the possibility not to challenge for anything at that level for a season or two. What happens afterwards is anyone's guess.

Is that sensible if a club wants to develop its own youth system and future talent for the first team? Hardly. But at this moment and time, it appears to be necessary.

For the time being, I take that as a rumour.

At a professional football club, especially those who make a living of selling their talented players to those who can buy, this is nothing astonishing either. That is, players are always available for transfer. Do we actively try to push all our youngsters out of the door though? I'd take such info with a spoon of salt. Currently, I would assume that the club needs to cut its clothes to survive the barren years. which is not to say that it stops looking for talent or won't give youngsters a chance. Priority now is to take the club back to the top tier and we have a rather packed first team squad already, with only a few of these players leaving this summer. Thus, it is feasible that only a selective few of the u20 plus overaged youngsters will get a chance with the first team. Hence, the club will probably cut a few of the professional youths lose, sign up some of the u17s et al and go on from there. Even with the possibility not to challenge for anything at that level for a season or two. What happens afterwards is anyone's guess.

Is that sensible if a club wants to develop its own youth system and future talent for the first team? Hardly. But at this moment and time, it appears to be necessary.

take it any way you like but as rbr or forlan or super cooper where they heard about telfer first. then start taking it seriously.

or crawford for that matter.

selling telfer is a crazy decision for any football club we should be begging him to stay. he might not anyway now. indeed our real mistake was giving him a one year deal last year.

we are a shambles and this board are not sorting it out.

Maybe the lad wants to go.

What player with any ability would want to be ruined under McCoist? Look at his track record. What player worth their salt would want to play for a club in such a mess?

I wouldn't blame Telfer if he wanted to go. I blame my club for being a shambles.

I actually believe that Ally knows his limitations as a manager i.e. he knows he doesn't know how to nurture talent, change a game strategy etc. I think that is why he wants older players who essentially don't need managed - Jig, Miller, Boyd etc.

Walter was the same if you think about it. His team was full of players who knew how to play the game and win. There were no 'Jose Mourinho' type game plans. His expensive players did the talking. He was very reluctant to introduce young blood. Barry Ferguson only started getting a game when Advocaat came in, and he instantly made Barry his lynchpin (in fact in one of Barry's first games under Advocaat he destroyed Leverkusen in Germany if my memory serves me right, but he couldn't get a game under Walter).

I actually believe that Ally knows his limitations as a manager i.e. he knows he doesn't know how to nurture talent, change a game strategy etc. I think that is why he wants older players who essentially don't need managed - Jig, Miller, Boyd etc.

Walter was the same if you think about it. His team was full of players who knew how to play the game and win. There were no 'Jose Mourinho' type game plans. His expensive players did the talking. He was very reluctant to introduce young blood. Barry Ferguson only started getting a game when Advocaat came in, and he instantly made Barry his lynchpin (in fact in one of Barry's first games under Advocaat he destroyed Leverkusen in Germany if my memory serves me right, but he couldn't get a game under Walter).

When Ferguson made his intro under Walter from 96 onwards (aged 18), he played 12 games till Walter went in 98. When Walter came back, Ferguson racked up another 89 games before moving south (2 years later).

What Rangers have been lacking since McCoist has been appointed is a leader on the park. For all his imposing figure, McCulloch is not outspoken enough or able to change things out there, nor is the vice-captain. All managers before him, including Advocaat, had such people. And much more quality at their disposal too. IMHO, this season's was the first real McCoist team, and even that was hampered by severe financial limits - compared to previous managers. He'll have to have his work cut out for the next campaign and we'll see whether he and his players can rise to the challenges.