There is a Thread on FF about young Charlie Telfer going to DU.

Elfideldo may be the one to ask about that. I think it's been mooted a few times this year.

I know I am very much in the minority, but I think he will bring something we sadly miss at the moment - a winner who is not afraid to give his team mates a real earful. I think Kenny Miller's mentality tends to rub off on those around him. At the right price I think he could do us a job.

I don't think it will happen though.

There is a Thread on FF about young Charlie Telfer going to DU.

Elfideldo hinted something along that line was about to happen, no idea if this was what he referred to.

Looking from a promising young player's perspective looking to break through it's a no-brainer, going to a club like Dundee utd. gives you a better chance of taking a major step along the way.

GS has stated before that the entire under 20 team was up for sale and that we were trying to sell CT to Utd in order to get Gunning

GS has stated before that the entire under 20 team was up for sale and that we were trying to sell CT to Utd in order to get Gunning

I was under the impression that Gunning was on a free in the summer?

Terrors confirm Gunning deal - Youngster signs three-year deal at Tannadice

Last Updated: 12/08/11 5:29pmDundee United have confirmed the signing of Blackburn Rovers defender Gavin Gunning, subject to international clearance.

The 20-year-old Irishman came through the youth ranks at Ewood Park but leaves the club without making a single first-team appearance.

The Dublin-born full-back had loan spells at Tranmere, Rotherham and Bury before joining Motherwell on loan for the second half of last season.

The Fir Park club were keen on signing Gunning permanently along with fellow SPL outfit Aberdeen and League One side Scunthorpe.

However, after spending a week training with the Terrors, Gunning opted to move to Tannadice and has signed a three-year deal with Peter Houston's men.

"I am thrilled to capture Gavin's signature. He is exactly the type of player we try to bring to Dundee United," Houston told the club's official website.

"He is young, athletic and hungry. He can play either left-back or central defence and having seen his performances last season I know he can do a job in the SPL.

"What is also pleasing is that Gavin was determined to join Dundee United. He knows he can get a platform to showcase his talent here and he will do a good job for this club."

SSN

Yes but we would still have to pay them a development fee , therefore CT goes to Utd , Gunning comes to us , supposedly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk