Elfideldo says Rangers forgot his contract was up.

Rangers apparently "forgot" his contract was up.

It's probably due lack of opportunity, broken promises and the style of football he has been expected to play on occasions.

If this is true the whole management team should be sacked. That's what their paid to know ffs.

We must have offered him a new deal or utd could get him for free.

We're trying to punt him to raise cash.

I wouldn't pay us a penny if I was Dundee Utd. Why would they help bail us out when they could watch us implode, for one player? If the roles were reversed the pleasure I'd get from watching them collapse would far outweigh any pleasure I'd get from nicking a promising player off them.

Well, we should whip up a Summer Transfer speculation thread ...

Owls aim to woo United star

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY will battle it out with Rangers for Gavin Gunning after opening talks with the Dundee United defender.

It’s understood the English Championship club are negotiating with representatives of the 23-year-old centre-half, whose contract expires in the summer.

Owls head coach Simon Gray has identified the Irishman as a key target and is waiting for his own role to be made permanent before finalising an offer.

Gunning, who could make his last Tannadice appearance against Aberdeen tonight, insists he will settle his future after the Scottish Cup Final on May 17.

He said: “I haven’t made any decisions yet. If I do go, I would like to think I could go with my head held high. Hopefully we can win the cup first and then we’ll see what happens.”

United boss Jackie McNamara said: “It will be difficult to keep him because he is a free transfer.”

Thinks the Express

Well, you two take it a bit far, don't you think? Maybe it is time to come out of sarcasm and hyper-sceptical mode?

how do you take rangers actively trying to punt a whole u20 squad who are very close to winning the league to far?

I wouldn't pay us a penny if I was Dundee Utd. Why would they help bail us out when they could watch us implode, for one player? If the roles were reversed the pleasure I'd get from watching them collapse would far outweigh any pleasure I'd get from nicking a promising player off them.

dundee utd have no choice.

but there's more. you will like this one. utd claim that as rangers have only existed for 2 years they don't have to pay more than 2 years development fee.

this will end up at tribunal unless we have fucked up offering him a contract or utd get really good money for gauld.

you have to admire utd. they will sell gauld for millions and snap up the best youth available.

makes a mockery of wallaces review where he told us what we want to hear about youth development.

dundee utd have no choice.

but there's more. you will like this one. utd claim that as rangers have only existed for 2 years they don't have to pay more than 2 years development fee.

this will end up at tribunal unless we have fucked up offering him a contract or utd get really good money for gauld.

you have to admire utd. they will sell gauld for millions and snap up the best youth available.

makes a mockery of wallaces review where he told us what we want to hear about youth development.

Aye, that'll calm the waters between the two clubs!