I don't think it's fair to call bears fools. Many fans just want to support their club and have no real interest in the politics that often accompany it nowadays.

Of course there's a difference between them and people who actively spin for those that run the club (I won't say the board as they're just the hired hand) but even then people are entitled to their opinion and I don't think every single issue is as clear-cut as some will insist.

At the end of the day it's quite simple: you renew or you don't. And, while I don't think this fund will be a huge success, I think many, many fans will not renew. Thus, when we consider the auditor caveat in the financials, that's a rather big problem for the club. A problem they've yet to answer.

All in all, I think 20-25,000 fans will renew but we may get more walk-ups than usual - at the start of the season anyway. Will that be enough to keep the wolf from the door? If not, what securities will be demanded by those that will have to bridge the financial gap?

That's the question this fund really asks and, no matter our position, it's one we should all be asking. If you don't then while you may not be a fool, I'd would seriously ask if you'd been concious over the last few years. Because, as it stands, we're sleep-walking right into another insolvency crisis.

I appreciate what you say Frankie but some things need saying or asking. 'Serially bad advisors' of club politics need to have a light shone upon them.

As you point out we are at a difficult crossroads.

If you got bad advice from X on three different occasions, would you look for or value it on a 4th ?

If you gave bad advice on three different occasions, would you be more circumspect to shout from the rooftops on a 4th ?............................I would think so unless there were 'interests' at the root of it.

I appreciate what you say Frankie but some things need saying or asking. Serially bad advisors need to have a light shone upon them.

As you point out we are at a difficult crossroads.

If you got bad advice from X on three different occasions, would you look for or value it on a 4th ?

If you gave bad advice on three different occasions, would you be more circumspect to shout from the rooftops on a 4th ?............................I would think so unless there were 'interests' at the root of it.

I've no issue with highlighting dubious advice or those who give it. We absolutely must do this.

However, what we must also do is respect people's opinion and it's perhaps an indication of the paucity of the whole debate (and perhaps the quality those that are doing the highlighting) that people continue to trust the club regardless of recent events.

It's quite simple for me.

1. I have no wish to give the 1972 fund my money.

2. However, until the club clearly show their intentions for funding the business beyond this month, I've no wish to give them it either (in a lump sum at least).

I'd suggest that position is shared by many, many fans and unless the club clearly outline their investment plans then the presence of King will make no difference at all to our renewal decision.

Thank You

Many thanks for pledging to the Ibrox 1972 season ticket fund in partnership with the Union Of Fans, we aim to provide you with regular updates about the progress of our work.

Our main aim is to ensure that the main assets of the club are secured by season ticket holders and can’t be used for anything else.

In the event that the board to agree to grant security over the stadium, we will contact you with the details of season tickets which are available for purchase.

We very much appreciate your commitment to the long-term well-being of the club and for putting your trust in us.

Best Wishes.

Dave King and Richard Gough

- See more at: https://www.ibrox1972.co.uk/commit-funds/non-season-ticket-holders/thank-you/#sthash.8nHX2J55.dpuf

I've no issue with highlighting dubious advice or those who give it. We absolutely must do this.

However, what we must also do is respect people's opinion................ unless the club clearly outline their investment plans the presence of King will make no difference at all to our renewal decision.

I'd agree but add that some clarity on which players are coming and going and the change of management that many seek but most realise will not happen would also be a major boost to renewals.

I think what will happen is that c 20,000 will renew before the start of the season and gradually build if there is a decent product on the park, King or no King. Folks who pay as you go after having a season ticket will gradually get fed up having to buy a ticket every time and being in a different seat every game, not to mention missing out on away games.

I'd agree but add that some clarity on which players are coming and going and the change of management that many seek but most realise will not happen would also be a major boost to renewals.

I think what will happen is that c 20,000 will renew before the start of the season and gradually build if there is a decent product on the park, King or no King. Folks who pay as you go after having a season ticket will gradually get fed up having to buy a ticket every time and being in a different seat every game, not to mention missing out on away games.

What players will come and go when we have no money?

What manager will come without money to build a team?

What fan would spend money on a season ticket if the club fails to answer these questions?

I signed my tickets up for this yesterday. I only hope it gains some momentum, because as flawed as it is, there appears little alternative.

Apart from going out of business altogether and the club having to reform in the amateur or junior leagues of Scottish football no there is little alternative.

No Craig Whyte excuse this time when the SFA were obliged to transfer membership and the club continued under a newco.