Well presumably the security would be for the whole season until all home games have been played, but imagine having this fuss every renewal time?

"Presumably" indeed, but unless I have missed it somewhere, it is not so stated, so it could and indeed appears to be open-ended:

5.1 If you request Season Ticket(s) through the site, both: (i) your obligation to pay for the Season Ticket(s); and (ii) our obligation to purchase the Season Ticket(s) on your behalf; are conditional on us (or another person acceptable to us) being granted security over Ibrox Stadium (150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow G51 2XD) in a form acceptable to us (the “Condition”) on or before 4.00 p.m. on 8 August 2014 (the “Longstop Date”). - See more at: https://www.ibrox1972.co.uk/regulatory/terms-and-conditions/#sthash.P5CBuim3.dpuf

I would imagine that the ommission of any such "discharge clause" is quite deliberate.

So absent any statement to the contrary, it would seem that the intention is indeed to repeat the exercise season after season; which just makes it even more ridiculous.

"Presumably" indeed, but unless I have missed it somewhere, it is not so stated, so it could and indeed appears to be open-ended:

5.1 If you request Season Ticket(s) through the site, both: (i) your obligation to pay for the Season Ticket(s); and (ii) our obligation to purchase the Season Ticket(s) on your behalf; are conditional on us (or another person acceptable to us) being granted security over Ibrox Stadium (150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow G51 2XD) in a form acceptable to us (the “Condition”) on or before 4.00 p.m. on 8 August 2014 (the “Longstop Date”). - See more at: https://www.ibrox1972.co.uk/regulatory/terms-and-conditions/#sthash.P5CBuim3.dpuf

I would imagine that the ommission of any such "discharge clause" is quite deliberate.

So absent any statement to the contrary, it would seem that the intention is indeed to repeat the exercise season after season; which just makes it even more ridiculous.

king confirmed it quite a while back.

doesn't matter the security will be released the minute even the only or final quid is paid or if it was never used.

It matters precisely because of the point you make, if only £1 has been drawn down then that's all that needs to be repaid from the ST money.

It matters precisely because of the point you make, if only £1 has been drawn down then that's all that needs to be repaid from the ST money.

yup so we can deduce either more than a quid was drawn down or less than a quid has been taken in from sales.

king confirmed it quite a while back.

Thanks, I assume you mean verbally or was so quoted somewhere in the media?

Anyway, I assumed that was the case becuase there is no "discharge clause" nor do the T&C's specify this or any season or seasons.

All the more reason why the Board will never grant such a request.