keith jackson ‏@tedermeatballs 2m

I hear Rangers demanded Clyde pay £100 a week towards craig halkett's wages. #frugal

It's right that the teams concerned pay the "going rate" at their clubs but equally it shows just how cash strapped we are if say £1600/£1700 is important to us. That said if you take half a dozen players at that amount or more it's at least £10,000 which will help with the electricity (or pay for one more week of Jig) as the dark nights set in.

Right then, that only leaves Aird. Does that mean we won't hear any whines about Ally not playing the youth players, at least until Xmas?

The man is such a fucking coward he probably off loaded them for that very reason. Glad you are happy there wont be any youngsters involved!

Are you unhapoy they have been moved out and not much chance of young uns getting a game then?

Kind of half and half. I would like to have seen McKay, Crawford, Gallagher and maybe Gasparotto being rotated through for some games. I don't think we can accommodate more than three at a time.

Kind of half and half. I would like to have seen McKay, Crawford, Gallagher and maybe Gasparotto being rotated through for some games. I don't think we can accommodate more than three at a time.

Cant you see then that folks only "whine" because none of what you describe happens! Its frustration and anger at wasted opportunity

It's right that the teams concerned pay the "going rate" at their clubs but equally it shows just how cash strapped we are if say £1600/£1700 is important to us. That said if you take half a dozen players at that amount or more it's at least £10,000 which will help with the electricity (or pay for one more week of Jig) as the dark nights set in.

Well, it is a bit strange that on one side people want to cut costs all over the place, yet when we loan players and ask for the right thing, i.e. the club who gets the player's services to pay his wages (too), it is being questioned. Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are inferring. As with sell-on clauses of 10% or less, we should maximize anything we get from transfers as well as minimize costs on all fronts though. (I reckon all and sundry will come up with Wallace and his bonus stuff, but that's on a different hymn sheet alltogether ... and one evil does not make another any better.)

SEVEN professional youth players have beaten the transfer deadline tonight to go on short term loans until the turn of the year.

The Club can tonight confirm that Tom Walsh, Danny Stoney, Luca Gasparotto, Craig Halkett, Calum Gallagher, Barrie McKay and Robbie Crawford have all gone out on loan until January 1st.

Crawford, who has played over fifty times and scored seven goals for the club since making his debut against Brechin in the Challenge Cup two years ago, will join Greenock Morton in League One.

Gallagher, who burst onto the scene towards the end of last season scoring on his debut against Dunfermline at Ibrox in a 2:0 win has moved to Championship club Cowdenbeath, who Rangers will play on October 11.

Gallagher has previously enjoyed loan spells at Alloa in season 2012/13 and East Stirling 2013/14.

Fellow forward McKay will join Rangers' next opponents, Raith Rovers, also until January 2015.

Canadian central defender Gasparotto, who has four appearances for the first team, has moved on loan to Airdrieonians in Scottish League One after a successful loan spell at Stirling Albion last season.

Halkett, his defensive partner in the Rangers youth side, has moved to Clyde after enjoying his first pre-season trip with the first team in Brora in July.

Elsewhere, midfielders Walsh - who has one appearance with the first team - and Danny Stoney, who has appeared three times from the bench, have joined Stenhousemuir and Stranraer respectively.

Loans in full:

Tom Walsh – loan to Stenhousemuir to 1 January 2015.

Danny Stoney – loan to Stranraer to 1 January 2015.

Luca Gasparotto – loan to Airdrieonians to 1 January 2015.

Craig Halkett – loan to Clyde to 1 January 2015.

Calum Gallagher – loan to Cowdenbeath to 1 January 2015.

Robbie Crawford – loan to Morton to 1 January 2015

RFC

Well, it is a bit strange that on one side people want to cut costs all over the place, yet when we loan players and ask for the right thing, i.e. the club who gets the player's services to pay his wages (too), it is being questioned. Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are inferring. As with sell-on clauses of 10% or less, we should maximize anything we get from transfers as well as minimize costs on all fronts though. (I reckon all and sundry will come up with Wallace and his bonus stuff, but that's on a different hymn sheet alltogether ... and one evil does not make another any better.)

RFC

I am agreeing with you on the wages of the players who go out on loan just that in better times I would like to think that if it was a team like Clyde we would just send the player as a gesture of goodwill and not ask for the money.

Also noted that whilst the story has been updated the headline has not and McKay's name is not in the list at the bottom; however I'm sure it will be updated tomorrow.

Cant you see then that folks only "whine" because none of what you describe happens! Its frustration and anger at wasted opportunity

I have the same frustrations and anger too. I just don't see the need to repeat the "whines" on every thread on every sub-forum every day ad nauseum. We all know we are not in an optimum position, but being constantly negative does us no good. We have to try and take the small positives and go from there. At some point the page will turn on this episode, hopefully.

I have the same frustrations and anger too. I just don't see the need to repeat the "whines" on every thread on every sub-forum every day ad nauseum. We all know we are not in an optimum position, but being constantly negative does us no good. We have to try and take the small positives and go from there. At some point the page will turn on this episode, hopefully.

As there is constant pressure on this board to shape up or go i am happy to keep pressure on ally until he changes or go's.