You realise you have picked a game that was before our transfer ban lifted :laugh:? I'm not sure what that proves, particularly given a number of those players have left the club and weren't up to much. We have had decent youngsters like Telfer, Gallagher, Gasparotto etc who have barely had a sniff. You know, the players that did very well for the u20's last season and seem a level above the players that went out to Forfar.

Our average age that went out to Dundee United last season was almost 29 and was likewise for most of the season. What is the point of having an aging team for a penniless not up to much? Where is the scope for development?

Which young players have I shown no patience with? Are you making up things again?

You are arguing with someone who can't even be bothered watching us mate.

Only 2 have had a proper chance in the last 2 years and one of those was forced upon the manager and even then he is played out of position.

I would say that only two have taken their chance. I've already published a list of players who had more than 9 appearances.

I really can't see which of our best two youngsters was forced upon the manager. It is plainly not true. If you're talking about McLeod, he can pick him or drop him when he feels fit as there are plenty of older players to choose from. He has chosen to pick McLeod when he's been fit, but that seems something you're very uncomfortable with, so you have to taint it with "forced" and "out of position" as it doesn't suit your agenda.

Ally has had a load of young players to choose from, of different ages, and he chose to play the one who is generally considered the best, the most often - funny that.

Sigh, I did say there would be contortions.

Yes, I realise that every time and for every topic. You seem to realise it when it's about playing youngsters, (even though it's pretty irrelevant, as it doesn't change that they played), but you don't realise it when slagging off the manager... Can you actually explain what your point is in a consistent way?

More contortions. It proves that players were given a chance and did so badly that some fans like yourself were outraged. I thought it was obvious. The fact that some have left and weren't up to it, makes my argument and is against yours. So again, your point is inconsistent.

You seem to now be very particular about which specific players should be played and that misses the whole subject. Either young players need played to be developed or not. Again you need to explain this consistently.

I haven't calculated all the teams, but remember doing it once or twice and that number doesn't ring true - especially considering the ages of our squad members. Perhaps you would like to publish your data... It may be true for specific games but like I've shown when you do that, you can get one where it was under 24. That team lost to lower league side. The team you mention lost to a higher league side. The team for most of the season won an incredible number of games and went through the league unbeaten...

But even then, what does average age have to do with anything - why is that a more desirable number to go for rather than number of points gained in the league? You can win stuff and develop young players without having a very young average age, especially when you have a pretty capable older player that skews the figures. It seems you would have dropped the likes of Weir just to bring the average wage down by over a year, rather than consider what team will get you the win...

This has been dealt with in other threads, you're just going round in circles and again contradictory. You advocate spending less money on players from the division we're in - which firstly would make it unlikely we win the title at the first attempt and secondly would have no scope for development.

Do you really need me to explain this? Look, it's not hard, what am I making up - the young players that played in the Forfar game or the fact that you thought the result they helped achieve was unacceptable? I realise that after replying to your post, the latter probably depends on how you want to twist things to suit your agenda.

You really must be into yoga...

What a load of nonsense. Focusing on one match and saying that counts as a chance :laugh: When Raith Rovers beat us in the cup last season we had one youngster in the starting line up. Seeing as you like bringing up random matches to support your illogical arguments.

I'll keep this very simple for you. Can you name me a single youth player who was introduced last season and featured regularly?

Can you name me a single youth player aside from Macleod and Aird who featured regularly?

PS - Obviously it is about playing the correct players. Youngsters with talent like the ones in our u20 team.