Halkett, Gallagher, Murdoch and MacLeod. I would have them all in the team every week. As Ser touched on, more experienced guys have been guaranteed their game no matter how poor they play week in and week out, that imo is harsh on the kids bursting for a chance to prove their worth.

Halkett hasn't had a sniff despite our diabolical options in defence, Gallagher was dropped like a hot tatty last year after making a decent impact and having fans lauding plaudits upon him, Murdoch i know myself is a cracking wee player, a nice tidy central midfielder, imo better than Black, Law and Crawford and MacLeod has been shoved out wide to accommodate Law and Black, very unfairly.

I would love to see more of all 4 of them.

Another one i would like to see, is Kelly given a chance, in Bells absence.

Rubbish like Crawford, Aird, McAusland and McKay won't make it here imo.

Please be kind and remember it's only my opinion. :D

bit harsh on aird i feel

A proper coach could make something of him IMO.

Well we know for a fact our senior squad are not up to much and certain players consistently play despite very poor performances.

Couldn't agree more. But then, I wasn't arguing against that. McCoist will continue to shoe-horn McCulloch into his starting XI until the day McCulloch literally can only stand on one leg. That is disappointing, although he could actually do a job up front in the lower leagues - but now we have Boyd, Miller & Clark we hardly need Jig up top. He still gets my thanks for his contribution.

I have always believed that a player should be allowed to play his way out of bad form.... however, when a run of bad form lasts for a few games then it is time to take a seat on the bench. The problem at Rangers is that if McCoist DID this... he would be left unable to field a starting XI as many of the first team are playing poorly.

Plus until we start actually playing our youths they're not going to develop.

Those same youths, arguably, could develop whilst playing more first team games with another club, even if in the same division. The only argument against this that I see is that they wouldn't be playing with seasoned internationals and gaining better experience... But many also think those experienced internationals are the ones who should be replaced, so the argument is negated to an extent.

The fact we stuck with the favourites when the title was already won shows you there is just absolutely no interest in youth development whatsoever.

Again, couldn't agree more. Up 5-0 at half time against Clyde and Murdoch couldn't get any game time. That, to me, is a complete failing on the part of the 1st team management. Yes, we needed performances after a shaky start to the season but, at 5-0 at half time.... you have the performance, you would imagine, that you wanted - so give the young guys some game time just to see whether they have what it takes or not.

Whilst we seem to have little interest in youth development I don't think you can solely point the finger at the manager for that. The head of youth should be questioned on why there aren't more breaking their way in - the question remains.... is it because McCoist prefers the experienced pros, is it because he doesn't trust the youths or, indeed, is it because our youths just aren't that good ? My bet would be a mixture of all 3.

As I said, of the younger players I have seen I haven't been overly impressed with them - admittedly I haven't seen a lot of them but of the ones that have had their chance only MacLeod looks like a certain starter - the rest like Crawford, McKay, Gasparott look nothing more than squad fillers to me. Do they have a chance of making an impact ? Of course, they are young... however, it could very easily be argued that they will develop more by playing more 1st team games elsewhere - remember, they will still be training through the week at Auchenhowie but will be playing games elsewhere - I am a believer that you develop your game in training and implement the teachings in game situations - more important to your development is the training. More important to your own self confidence is the amount of game time you get.

bit harsh on aird i feel

A proper coach could make something of him IMO.

I ain't convinced mate. How many hours, days, months and years has that kid spent at Auchenhowie on that training pitch and he has added next to nothing to his game? The coaches can't be at fault for everything, the player must want to improve too, Aird has shown no technical improvement since he made his first team bow.

I ain't convinced mate. How many hours, days, months and years has that kid spent at Auchenhowie on that training pitch and he has added next to nothing to his game? The coaches can't be at fault for everything, the player must want to improve too, Aird has shown no technical improvement since he made his first team bow.

with what we are witnessing on the pitch i think they very much can.

When I watch Rangers I continue to see free kicks and corners which don't clear the first defender, needlessly giving away possession under no pressure, consistent lack of a gameplan and tactics almost every week, lack of progress in first team particularly young players from MP, players played out of position not performing to a standard we might expect......I could go on and on.

We may differ about who runs Rangers but all of these stem from a very poor football management which badly needs addressed.

with what we are witnessing on the pitch i think they very much can.

Not everything mate but i know what you are saying. There is no doubt the coaching is worse than mediocre. Fwiw, Ian Black has been telling a friend about life at Auchenhowie and has been extremely scathing of what goes on under Ally. It didn't surprise me but it did sadden me.

Not everything mate but i know what you are saying. There is no doubt the coaching is worse than mediocre. Fwiw, Ian Black has been telling a friend about life at Auchenhowie and has been extremely scathing of what goes on under Ally. It didn't surprise me but it did sadden me.

Has Mr Black been staying behind to do the type of work that he thinks should be done?

Halkett, Gallagher, Murdoch and MacLeod. I would have them all in the team every week. As Ser touched on, more experienced guys have been guaranteed their game no matter how poor they play week in and week out, that imo is harsh on the kids bursting for a chance to prove their worth.

Halkett hasn't had a sniff despite our diabolical options in defence, Gallagher was dropped like a hot tatty last year after making a decent impact and having fans lauding plaudits upon him, Murdoch i know myself is a cracking wee player, a nice tidy central midfielder, imo better than Black, Law and Crawford and MacLeod has been shoved out wide to accommodate Law and Black, very unfairly.

I would love to see more of all 4 of them.

Another one i would like to see, is Kelly given a chance, in Bells absence.

Rubbish like Crawford, Aird, McAusland and McKay won't make it here imo.

Please be kind and remember it's only my opinion. :D

I was genuinely interested as we (or at least I) don't get to see the kids very often - so was interested in what kids we were talking about.

I don't think you can include MacLeod as he is already established. I actually dont mind him playing on the left side of midfield at present as he is still our most consistent performer - however, I would think and hope that when we get back into the top flight that the team will be built around him and that he will be playing centrally.

I haven't been overly impressed with Gallagher to be honest, but maybe I am expecting too much - I expect anyone who comes into a Rangers team to make a significant impact and improve the team upon entry. He scored a couple of goals last season but his decision-making was poor at times. To counter that he was pushed out to the right side which didn't suit him either.

Murdoch I have heard is very tidy, but I haven't seen him play so cant comment. Likewise Halkett. Personally I don't think we needed to sign both Simonsen and Robinson - but very, very few keepers are given a proper chance when so young. Doesn't mean they don't deserve the chance, just means they don't get one - and that isn't just at Rangers, that is everywhere.