Why do some of you not start their own moan and groan thread? Or just add a few lines to your signatures and spare the board filling nigh every thread with the constant same tiresome lamentations that we all have heard by the score by now?

German you say? Lol. My arse! You are more Scottish than me. No doubt about it.

I haven't seen the lad enough to comment on his potential or otherwise but it's a shame we were able to offer him the game-time he clearly requires.

Hopefully he'll be back in the future if indeed he develops as well as some think.

German you say? Lol. My arse! You are more Scottish than me. No doubt about it.

Isn't dB just a German ex-pat? I think there are a few of them that post on a German forum as well.

Not a surprise when we consider the Forces presence we had there for so many years.

Isn't dB just a German ex-pat? I think there are a few of them that post on a German forum as well.

Not a surprise when we consider the Forces presence we had there for so many years.

I thought I had read him before saying he had to learn the language and picked it up over time. Funny you saying that because myself and another member said exactly the same thing by pm an hour ago!

In any case I was being slightly facetious. Just a bit of fun Frankie. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe lack of opportunity, broken promises and the style of football he was expected to play were all contributing factors.

Rangers "forgot" his contract was up and only offered him one after the event. From what I gather his contract had actually finished, he has trained with Dundee United and had to sign a short term contract to allow him to complete the season.

He may not be the next Messi, but in my opinion he does have a chance. If this doesn't set alarm bells ringing then I don't know what will.

I believe lack of opportunity, broken promises and the style of football he was expected to play were all contributing factors.

Rangers "forgot" his contract was up and only offered him one after the event. From what I gather his contract had actually finished, he has trained with Dundee United and had to sign a short term contract to allow him to complete the season.

He may not be the next Messi, but in my opinion he does have a chance. If this doesn't set alarm bells ringing then I don't know what will.

It does seem like the usual clusterfuck from the club but I'm a bit disappointed in the lad as well.

Other young players have broken into the team and it's a shame Telfer didn't feel another year was worth considering to try and do the same. Will he get more game-time at Utd? Possibly but it's certainly not guaranteed.

Now, does anyone still want to jump to the defense of our management team and coaches?

Now, does anyone still want to jump to the defense of our management team and coaches?

Not overly so but in a team that has seen the likes of Macleod, Aird, McKay and Crawford get their their chance on a reasonably regular basis, I don't think the player himself is worthy of the kind of backing usually reserved for superstars.

Seems to me Telfer should have had more games. No doubt at about it. However, to pack his bags so quickly means he's just as worthy of criticism as the management team.

Maybe he'll do as well as Dylan McGeoch has done. The thing about being 17 is you're pretty stupid, that's compounded by not realising you're stupid.

Dundee Utd have for a long time been recognised as a club where young players can develop. Some do, some don't, they aren't Ajax and they don't have a magic wand. Being at a club where no one expects you to win anything, where making the top six is seen as success and actually winning a trophy will see you given the freedom of the city and a public fellatio from Jim Spence it's an easier environment for young players to progress. Ibrox isn't, even winning the league you can expect little praise from many in our support, winning isn't expected it is demanded and woe betide any player, young or old, who doesn't meet our exacting standards.

Telfer has moved up a division and to an easier club to play for. It might prove to be a smart move, it might not, time will tell. However it's his decision, if he feels he should be in the first team by now and is pissed off because he's not then that's his decision, no one else is to blame for that. Graeme Souness, left Spurs at a similar age because he felt he should be playing first team football, he later admitted he was wrong. Telfer is no Souness.

It'll be interesting t see if he goes into the Dundee Utd first team.