Not overly so but in a team that has seen the likes of Macleod, Aird, McKay and Crawford get their their chance on a reasonably regular basis, I don't think the player himself is worthy of the kind of backing usually reserved for superstars.

Seems to me Telfer should have had more games. No doubt at about it. However, to pack his bags so quickly means he's just as worthy of criticism as the management team.

I can't bring myself to criticise the kid Frankie, he's only doing what's best for him and his career and that's the worrying part. If it's better for a young player to leave Rangers for a club in a higher league in order to get game time then there's a problem. If, as Efideldo is accurate, "broken promises, opportunity and the type of football he was expected to play" are the reasons then our football coaching has failed.

I can't bring myself to criticise the kid Frankie, he's only doing what's best for him and his career and that's the worrying part. If it's better for a young player to leave Rangers for a club in a higher league in order to get game time then there's a problem. If, as Efideldo is accurate, "broken promises, opportunity and the type of football he was expected to play" are the reasons then our football coaching has failed.

Do you think Naismith, McGregor, Whittaker etc deserve criticism for only doing what's best for them and their career?

Isn't dB just a German ex-pat? I think there are a few of them that post on a German forum as well.

Not a surprise when we consider the Forces presence we had there for so many years.

Matter of fact, I'm East German born and bred, lived 20 years behind the "Wall", served 3 of those in the East German Navy and studied your fair tongue and British (ancient) history after the fall ... and work as a translator/editor these days. "Joined up" with the "legions" roundabout 1983/84 (so one can figure how long I did that "under the scrutiny" of the "communist" party and the "apparently ever present" Stasi) ... and my first live "English" games included our home defeat to Dundee United (when we were 2-0 up at HT but managed to lose 2-3 (BBC World Service)) and that night when Davie Cooper scored that penalty for Scotland against Wales and Jock Stein passed away. It was indeed BFBS, the BBC World Service (Paddy Feeney et al), BBC 2/5/Five Live/the internet ever after.

Maybe that helps explaining some of my rather a-typical or "differently objective" views on certain matters :crest

Matter of fact, I'm East German born and bred, lived 20 years behind the "Wall", served 3 of those in the East German Navy and studied your fair tongue and British (ancient) history after the fall ... and work as a translator/editor these days. "Joined up" with the "legions" roundabout 1983/84 (so one can figure how long I did that "under the scrutiny" of the "communist" party and the "apparently ever present" Stasi) ... and my first live "English" games included our home defeat to Dundee United (when we were 2-0 up at HT but managed to lose 2-3 (BBC World Service)) and that night when Davie Cooper scored that penalty for Scotland against Wales and Jock Stein passed away. It was indeed BFBS, the BBC World Service (Paddy Feeney et al), BBC 2/5/Five Live/the internet ever after.

Maybe that helps explaining some of my rather a-typical or "differently objective" views on certain matters :crest

You should consider doing an article on your path to becoming a Rangers fan. With your background, especially behind the Wall, I'm sure it would make interesting reading.

You should consider doing an article on your path to becoming a Rangers fan. With your background, especially behind the Wall, I'm sure it would make interesting reading.

Agreed - dB must be in a fairly unique position regarding his supporting background.

Amazing where our fans come from. Everywhere, anywhere indeed!

Thank god we won that Youth Cup tonight or Ally would be getting blamed for losing the Cup as well as blamed for losing young players like Telfer who've decided to move on.

Of course he deserves the blame :rolleyes:

Nothing to play for for months and he sees woeful older players picked week in week out ahead of him. He will get a chance under his new manager.

Maybe he'll do as well as Dylan McGeoch has done. The thing about being 17 is you're pretty stupid, that's compounded by not realising you're stupid.

Dundee Utd have for a long time been recognised as a club where young players can develop. Some do, some don't, they aren't Ajax and they don't have a magic wand. Being at a club where no one expects you to win anything, where making the top six is seen as success and actually winning a trophy will see you given the freedom of the city and a public fellatio from Jim Spence it's an easier environment for young players to progress. Ibrox isn't, even winning the league you can expect little praise from many in our support, winning isn't expected it is demanded and woe betide any player, young or old, who doesn't meet our exacting standards.

Telfer has moved up a division and to an easier club to play for. It might prove to be a smart move, it might not, time will tell. However it's his decision, if he feels he should be in the first team by now and is pissed off because he's not then that's his decision, no one else is to blame for that. Graeme Souness, left Spurs at a similar age because he felt he should be playing first team football, he later admitted he was wrong. Telfer is no Souness.

It'll be interesting t see if he goes into the Dundee Utd first team.

The person who didn't give him a chance is to blame.

No wonder he is leaving, anyone with any sense would do the same in those circumstances.

Go on to have a decent career elsewhere knowing us

So will that mean that we have great youth coaching or bad? It always seems to be that if a player goes on to do well it's because our coaching was bad and where he goes is much better. If a player goes on to do badly it's because our coaches ruined him. I've no idea what our coaching is really like but the arguments against them are definitely worse than the worst imaginable coaching. It's also petty and tedious.

The thing is, few players go on to careers that eclipse their time at Rangers and there are hundreds that didn't make it at Murray Park. Do we want them all back?

Did you ever see Jack Irvine enter the 'Stasi training centre' ?

:coolio::lol: