We get the same arguments every so often and the fact is no-one can tell who will go onto become successes and who won't. It's a very difficult job to turn raw potential into full-time professional talent worth millions. If it was easy, we'd have no players over 30 in the sport.

This case is interesting though as it does ask questions about contract handling at the club. I think it's also fair to say it is somewhat of a disappointed that more young players didn't feature near the end of the season to see how they coped at that level.

However, sometimes, just sometimes, when a player doesn't get that chance, it's not because our manager is blind or that our youth system is crap but just that the player isn't good enough. No-one will know better than the coaching team when it comes to making that judgement - even if it's inevitable they'll get the odd decision wrong.

If it's better for a young player to leave Rangers for a club in a higher league in order to get game time then there's a problem.

You talk like Rangers are generally a lower league club. The higher league is irrelevant - kids will always be leaving Rangers for more game time. If you don't understand why then maybe the problem is closer to home.

Do you think Naismith, McGregor, Whittaker etc deserve criticism for only doing what's best for them and their career?

No I don't and I'm one of the very few who do think that way it seems. They did what they saw fit to do for themselves....they weren't fans, they were employees under contract and when that contract became worthless they were entitled to walk away. Rather than point fingers at them, I'd be happier looking at the reasons behind the situation getting to that point at all.

In regards Telfer, it's a whole different set of circumstances but the basic premise remains... if the conditions and prospects for staying at Rangers were there he wouldn't need to consider signing for another club.

You talk like Rangers are generally a lower league club. The higher league is irrelevant - kids will always be leaving Rangers for more game time. If you don't understand why then maybe the problem is closer to home.

If the roles were reversed and Telfer left SPL Rangers to sign for Championship Dundee Utd, and presumably first team action, then I'd accept your point but as it stands the fact that we can't keep hold of a player deemed good enough for the first team in the SPL while we prepare for a season playing QOTS and Alloa tells me all I need to know.

We get the same arguments every so often and the fact is no-one can tell who will go onto become successes and who won't. It's a very difficult job to turn raw potential into full-time professional talent worth millions. If it was easy, we'd have no players over 30 in the sport.

This case is interesting though as it does ask questions about contract handling at the club. I think it's also fair to say it is somewhat of a disappointed that more young players didn't feature near the end of the season to see how they coped at that level.

However, sometimes, just sometimes, when a player doesn't get that chance, it's not because our manager is blind or that our youth system is crap but just that the player isn't good enough. No-one will know better than the coaching team when it comes to making that judgement - even if it's inevitable they'll get the odd decision wrong.

We are in a different situation where the standard of opposition is much weaker, most of our current olders players are regularly performing poorly and we have also had nothing to play for for months.

Given those circumstances, Telfer is perfectly right to move elsewhere to get the chance he deserves. He is almost 19, not some 16 year old.

If the roles were reversed and Telfer left SPL Rangers to sign for Championship Dundee Utd, and presumably first team action, then I'd accept your point but as it stands the fact that we can't keep hold of a player deemed good enough for the first team in the SPL while we prepare for a season playing QOTS and Alloa tells me all I need to know.

I don't really see the difference if you swap the leagues as Rangers are still a far bigger club (even if we lost to them) - maybe you want to bet on who will win the SPL first between the two sides? Or between Telfer and McLeod? And that's the main difference, especially in the kids department: we looking for players who can win the Premiership, Dundee Utd are looking for players to keep them in the top half while being affordable.

There may have been mistakes made here and your suspicions of problems vindicated, but with regards to your argument here, to me, a player moving to any team in Scotland is always a step down, even in our current situation.

No I don't and I'm one of the very few who do think that way it seems. They did what they saw fit to do for themselves....they weren't fans, they were employees under contract and when that contract became worthless they were entitled to walk away. Rather than point fingers at them, I'd be happier looking at the reasons behind the situation getting to that point at all.

In regards Telfer, it's a whole different set of circumstances but the basic premise remains... if the conditions and prospects for staying at Rangers were there he wouldn't need to consider signing for another club.

Hah, I'm one who thinks that way too, I thought I was the only one!

Telfer leaving might be symptomatic of the problems around the club, it might be the impetuousness of youth or it might be all parties feel it's the right thing to do. In the end it seems clear to everyone that Rangers need to reduce their wage bill so anyone, no matter how promising, might be allowed to leave for that pragmatic reason alone.

The person who didn't give him a chance is to blame.

No wonder he is leaving, anyone with any sense would do the same in those circumstances.

How do you know what conversations were had, what stage he's at in development, who is coming up behind him who might be an even better prospect, what his attitude is like around the club? With respect you're default position of McCoist is to blame might not be the case here, it suits you to blame him without any evidence that it's the case.