Neil McCann was such an underrated player. I always thought that he brought a nice balance to the team when he played on the left wing. Great memories, thanks for posting that.

Totally agree. I was on holiday when I heard we had sold him to Southampton. Not amused was putting it lightly!

Probably my favourite one would be the above, but beating Hearts 5-1 in the Laudrup final was a tremendous day too and my first one I was actually at was when we beat Airdrie in 1992(I think). Wee laddie back then!

Favourite final as above but thought i'd throw in my favourite semi final....

Durrant was another who was such a joy to watch. Staggering to think that this was after his injury. What a player he could have become. (Perhaps he wouldn't have got into coaching had he spent his entire football career at Rangers)

Victorious OF finals are always more memorable as you know they can go either way when you go to the game. Finals in which we win trebles are always good too, although the Dundee victory in 2003 was a poor game.

Another good one was the Oranje final of 2000 when we thrashed Dolly (leighton's last game IIRC?) and played some great stuff.

I have been fortunate to be in attendance at 11 SC finals, with us winning 9 of them. 2 of them at the piggery were in stark contrast as we won the treble there in 1993 against Dolly, and we lost to Hearts in 1998 in what was a really emotional game as we knew it was the end of the road for so many great servants of the 9IAR team and this was the last time we would see many of them in Rangers colours.

Is it really 5 years already since we last lifted this famous old trophy?