For there to be change there has to be an alternative and apart from Dave King there's nothing even close, a fan buy out just doesn't look like happening anytime soon.

My concern is that some (not saying you) are so entrenched right now they'd rather we went into administration than let the current regime continue.

I do not think DK is an option. Too many are clinging to the belief that he's desperate to pour money into Rangers and the board won't allow him to do so.That notion needs to be dispelled

Any sale and leaseback would tie us to playing at Ibrox, but it would do extensive temporary damage to us and possibly great long term harm too.

Agreed.

It would be good if there was a way out which didn't involve buying it back at a massively inflated price.

Some sale and leasebacks have things like break clauses, an option to buy back at a pre-agreed price at some point in the future but I wouldn't expect that to be contained in any deal conducted by the current board.

Is there one? If a 99 year lease is signed by the current board, how can we rip it up - legally?

Buying out the lease or buying back the stadium are the only options I can see.

I'm not hellbent against borrowing against the assets per se , in the right circumstances it can be a very handy tool to have, however I simply would not trust the current board to do so.

For there to be change there has to be an alternative and apart from Dave King there's nothing even close, a fan buy out just doesn't look like happening anytime soon.

My concern is that some (not saying you) are so entrenched right now they'd rather we went into administration than let the current regime continue.

The change could simply be running the club to be the best in scotland. With appropriate struth level standards.

It may take admin to get us out from under the mess green got us in but right now it would just be the same con it was when whyte did it and the same disaster.

Anyone actually out there willing to "buy" Ibrox or Auchenhowie? Well, King could ... and thus secure it to Rangers and its support. Nah ... he's far too clever for somesuch.

Just noted that PhilMacThreeNames has just whipped up a piece called "Share option authorized" on NewsNow. Who knows what his crystal ... nay glass ball has spewed. Someone will sure have a look and give him a click.

Anyone actually out there willing to "buy" Ibrox or Auchenhowie? Well, King could ... and thus secure it to Rangers and its support. Nah ... he's far too clever for somesuch.

Just noted that PhilMacThreeNames has just whipped up a piece called "Share option authorized" on NewsNow. Who knows what his crystal ... nay glass ball has spewed. Someone will sure have a look and give him a click.

He just writes whatever his mate Imran tells him.

The word 'consider' was used in the UoF statement.

edit / here it is......

"A proposal was made by Mr Wallace that whilst the board would not grant a security, they could consider giving a legally binding undertaking which would protect Ibrox from sale, sale and leaseback, or as any form of security for a loan or other finance," said UoF in a statement.

That quote was included in all the media reports I read.

I think that what might be missing from the media reports is something along the lines of The UoF presented the conditions set out by Ibrox 1972 Ltd for the payment of pledged ST money to the Club in response to which "A proposal was made by Mr Wallace that whilst the board would not grant a security, they could consider giving a legally binding undertaking which would protect Ibrox from sale, sale and leaseback, or as any form of security for a loan or other finance,".

That said, it is clear that the Board have duly “considered” and rejected the proposal to offer “legally binding undertakings…… in relation to Ibrox and Murray Park.”

I think it is perfectly understandable that the Board would view those who have renewed as “loyal”; but I would agree that the inference that those who have not renewed are not loyal is unfortunate to say the least; if for no other reason than it seems that a large majority of them plan to go game to game on a selective basis and whilst that might not be viewed as wholehearted support, it is certainly not disloyal. I have mentioned before several times that the Board just don't get the fans psyche.

That said it must surely be absolutely clear now to all who have or had intended pledging their ST money to Ibrox 1972 Ltd (yes, even GS :D) that that is a futile gesture.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Agreed.

Some sale and leasebacks have things like break clauses, an option to buy back at a pre-agreed price at some point in the future but I wouldn't expect that to be contained in any deal conducted by the current board.

Buying out the lease or buying back the stadium are the only options I can see.

I'm not hellbent against borrowing against the assets per se , in the right circumstances it can be a very handy tool to have, however I simply would not trust the current board to do so.

I think there needs to be some serious strategic thinking done about our plight. Some will back this current board to the ends of the earth. To them, the current regime IS Rangers and they will be loyal to it come what may. They need to be ignored while those who have concerns about this regime think about ways to counter or pre-empt the moves it is likely to make.

I think there needs to be some serious strategic thinking done about our plight. Some will back this current board to the ends of the earth. To them, the current regime IS Rangers and they will be loyal to it come what may. They need to be ignored while those who have concerns about this regime think about ways to counter or pre-empt the moves it is likely to make.

Absolutely .