I de-scummed my social media account and it's a breath of fresh air, no UoF v VB insult swapping, no FGAU1690 etc. I might even take an extended break from online activity when it comes to Rangers, Go "native".

Might even buy a paper.

Too far mate! :D

So what are you saying? We ignore VB and the UoF because they represent a minority?

In that case, how do we formalise the voice of the 20,000 when these people clearly have no interest in being grouped together?

Sure, the voice is clear enough by way of their non-renewal but it could be even more powerful than it already is.

People can choose to listen or ignore who they please but as I said in another thread, the concerns of the majority of those not renewing would logically align themselves close to or alongside that of the UoF (who together are reasonably significant in number)

With that in mind individuals can choose for themselves who to listen to and what to do in the coming weeks.

I think it unrealistic to expect to 'formalise' the voice of the 'middle rump' in a significant way.

All this thread was for, is to highlight that given the current arithmetic 'division' isn't a major issue unless we make it such.

Forget about 'division' and keep the eye on the ball at an important time.

The standard 'Divide & Conquer' tactics from the boardroom will look to promote 'D', let's not make it so eay for them.

It's all very well blaming the VB alone for hostility but elsewhere i've seen fans called every name under the sun if they've renewed, so it's hardly all just on one 'side'.

There have been many more on your forum aiming bile at those who refuse to renew or dare question the board. It's a two way street sadly.

It's not difficult whatsoever.

Club calls an open meeting and invites a selection of 200 fans with a top table of the CEO, key shareholders and the manager. Almost a mini-AGM if you like.

That's being ready to listen. And for all the valid criticism of Green, he certainly didn't shirk from such meetings even if, as proven, it's not that difficult to make them essentially pointless if you have the gift of the gab.

However, what is also true is that the status quo is unacceptable. Like the UoF or not, like the VB or not, they account for just a combined 5% of fans. The rest of us have no say.

T4C is correct in saying currently around 20,000 season ticket holders are worried (or uncertain) enough about what's happening at the club not to renew. To make no effort to engage with these people in an open and accountable fashion says more than any club or Dave King statement ever could.

I was referring to the reluctance of such persons to become involved up to now Frankie - perhaps the current situation will cause a change of heart from their normal reluctance

It's not difficult whatsoever.

Club calls an open meeting and invites a selection of 200 fans with a top table of the CEO, key shareholders and the manager. Almost a mini-AGM if you like.

That's being ready to listen. And for all the valid criticism of Green, he certainly didn't shirk from such meetings even if, as proven, it's not that difficult to make them essentially pointless if you have the gift of the gab.

However, what is also true is that the status quo is unacceptable. Like the UoF or not, like the VB or not, they account for just a combined 5% of fans. The rest of us have no say.

T4C is correct in saying currently around 20,000 season ticket holders are worried (or uncertain) enough about what's happening at the club not to renew. To make no effort to engage with these people in an open and accountable fashion says more than any club or Dave King statement ever could.

The Assembly claims to represent 35,000 Rangers fans so many of those who thought they didn't belong to a supporter group actually did, but of course they didn't actively join it.

As the Assembly has never been particularly visible or relevant, despite being funded by all of us, it is understandable that its 'members' didn't know that they were members.

I don't think the Assembly has a bright future. I'd actually be surprised if it has a future at all.

Re the 5% figure, if that comes from a recent dubious survey, it has no credibility. It could be more - or less.

• 2 weeks later...