For some it seems all fair and square to announce that the board is there to serve the board first and foremost, not Rangers. That is the truth and we all know it, no ifs and buts.

If you question King's ability to raise the money he said he was willing to invest, you get ridiculed by essentially the same folk.

We all were told that McColl was one of the big guns when it came to Scottish wealth, yet, as we found out closer to the takeover, he hasn't got as much money in his purse as expected, nor could generate enough "cash" because of "other business commitments". I'm not sure how many of us actually know how much wealth King has handy these days. How much money he can make available if he wanted to. He sure paid of SARS ... and again, no-one knows the size of the dent it put into his ready-cash purse. I seem to remember that he went on about his children's inheritance that he would blew to save us ... and that the children said: go for it! Back then I wondered what he's on about, when he speaks about - essentially - his crown jewels here? When we all believed he was the richest guy in the RSA?

The board-haters may not like this, but as much as people ask questions about our current leaders, people should be allowed to ask questions or raise concerns about King and Co.. For that pendulum does swing both ways.

You question a guy worth 750 millions ability to raise 30 million and of course your going to get ridiculed.

Unfortunately there are people who are playing with less than a straight bat when it comes to debating the finer points of the Rangers issue.

Does King have the wealth to invest £30m in Rangers? Yes, I'd guess he does - comfortably.

Does King have the money/liquidity to invest? Well, that's an entirely different question and, as dB rightly noted, McColl (whose net worth isn't in question) was limited in his abilities in that sense (until next year anyway).

The problem we have is that unless King communicates more effectively then people will have doubts and cynicism will start to creep in - even amongst those that support his interest. In that respect, I have sympathy with such people as, so far, King's efforts have been less than impressive and he's not leading effectively enough for me.

In saying that, he is working with the fan groups who will clearly be in receipt of more information that you or I. And, despite asking the question many times of King's detractors, there has still been no answer as to why King would go to all these lengths if he wasn't serious about being a key part of the club going forward. I'd also suggest that his previous investment allows him some respect therein.

You question a guy worth 750 millions ability to raise 30 million and of course your going to get ridiculed.

As Frankie noted, I did include my reasons for questioning King's ability to invest straight away, a problem McColl apparently faced / face too. I assume you did not wonder why he threw in his children's inheritance, did you? The latter, BTW, is a point I'd also make to Hildy with regards to Kings ability to raise money. It may mean nothing, but it should raise the odd eyebrow.

As Frankie noted, I did include my reasons for questioning King's ability to invest straight away, a problem McColl apparently faced / face too. I assume you did not wonder why he threw in his children's inheritance, did you? The latter, BTW, is a point I'd also make to Hildy with regards to Kings ability to raise money. It may mean nothing, but it should raise the odd eyebrow.

If King spends big on Rangers when he really doesn't need to, he really is spending part of his children's inheritance. In some households, this would not be received well but it would appear that King's family have no issue with him investing in Rangers if this is what he chooses to do.

He would obviously prefer not to have to do it, but his allegiance is strong and his wallet is large, and in the right circumstances, I believe he is prepared to part with serious cash, perhaps with an understandable reluctance, but not enough to stop him doing it.

If I was in King's shoes, I wouldn't be reluctant to spend up to £50m on Rangers - I would rule out the possibility completely.

To be fair to King, there is little point in him making additional statements until something tangible comes out of Ibrox with regard to ST sales and/or new investment. If anything he was saying too much at one point.

The SoS/UoF are there to keep the pressure on when press speculation/rumours are doing the rounds and they are doing a decent job.

To be fair to King, there is little point in him making additional statements until something tangible comes out of Ibrox with regard to ST sales and/or new investment. If anything he was saying too much at one point.

The SoS/UoF are there to keep the pressure on when press speculation/rumours are doing the rounds and they are doing a decent job.

Fans are rightly critical of the club because of the lack of information on their plans.

It's only fair King is subject to the same scrutiny and, while I agree there's a fine line between wheat and chaff, saying nothing at all can be equally damaging. I think a sit rep on King's position is well over-due.

Fans are rightly critical of the club because of the lack of information on their plans.

It's only fair King is subject to the same scrutiny and, while I agree there's a fine line between wheat and chaff, saying nothing at all can be equally damaging. I think a sit rep on King's position is well over-due.

I agree that a lack of information is what causes confusion, but I just don't see what he can add at this particular time as the board are saying absolutely nothing. They are playing a blinder on that front.

He could come out and repeat his previous attacks but they will just be rebuffed once more with a terse statement and that may even be perceived by the support that he has nothing more to add. I would expect him to fire away whenever there is an official statement released.