Liverpool's stance will be interesting. They are spending a bit of cash to compete in the CL this season and having Suarez no doubt will make them stronger so they have to decide if they are going to cash in on him while he is at his peak and use the money to get a few more players or do they keep him and become title contenders.

There was the rumour Barca are ready to offer Pedro and Sanchez plus cash for him, Id bite their hand off for that if I was Rodgers.

Liverpool's stance will be interesting. They are spending a bit of cash to compete in the CL this season and having Suarez no doubt will make them stronger so they have to decide if they are going to cash in on him while he is at his peak and use the money to get a few more players or do they keep him and become title contenders.

There was the rumour Barca are ready to offer Pedro and Sanchez plus cash for him, Id bite their hand off for that if I was Rodgers.

They will definitely sell for anything upwards of £50m or equivalent in players; he's a toxic brand now anywhere in the English speaking world but is a hero to the Latins.

It won't be universally popular(for a couple of reasons :D) but this is an excellent piece from a different perspective.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/donal-og-cusack/donal-og-cusack-suarez-is-just-another-crazy-mixed-up-kid-not-a-bad-person-273535.html

The writer's plea for "decent human compassion" is complete bollocks.

" The one about his mother getting a job as a cleaner in a bus station in the capital and the whole family having to move 300 miles to live in Montevideo. Luis Suarez was seven and he was so traumatised he stayed behind with his granny for a month. The cracker about his father walking out two years later and leaving a mother and seven sons to cope. "

"Or the kid having no boots and realising if he improved enough the club he played for as a kid would buy him boots. "

Neither had Daniel O'Donnell but all he did was murder country music.

I'm sure the gentlemen of the "Gaelic Players Association" will be appalled at the comparison.

"a cute hoor" whore? is exactly right and no amount of counselling for the poor, abandoned, misunderstood lad will ever change that.

If you've ever watched football in South America, it's a different ball game. Attackers expect to get chopped down the moment they go past a defender. I saw Independiente v Racing in Buenos Aires once and I can assure you that if the game had been played here, three or four would have been sent off and umpteen boooked; but the Argentinian ref kept his cards in his pocket and got hand shakes all round at the end. That's the way they play.

My wife and I got mugged at knife point by three young tearaways on a day trip to Montevideo that time and barely escaped with our lives; but the police didn't want to know; apparently being a tourist in that country is provocative and makes you fair game. It's a different culture.

So it seems is anyone who plays against Sr Saurez (fair game).

He's an adult with a wife and two children who runs about a football pitch biting and abusing people.

If you're in any doubt about the Latin and particularly Uruguayan culture from that perspective, read through the full FA decision on the Suarez v Evra case, you'll get your eyes opened.

He ought to be arrested and locked up, never mind suspended from football for 4 months.

The writer's plea for "decent human compassion" is complete bollocks.

" The one about his mother getting a job as a cleaner in a bus station in the capital and the whole family having to move 300 miles to live in Montevideo. Luis Suarez was seven and he was so traumatised he stayed behind with his granny for a month. The cracker about his father walking out two years later and leaving a mother and seven sons to cope. "

"Or the kid having no boots and realising if he improved enough the club he played for as a kid would buy him boots. "

Neither had Daniel O'Donnell but all he did was murder country music.

I'm sure the gentlemen of the "Gaelic Players Association" will be appalled at the comparison.

"a cute hoor" whore? is exactly right and no amount of counselling for the poor, abandoned, misunderstood lad will ever change that.

If you've ever watched football in South America, it's a different ball game. Attackers expect to get chopped down the moment they go past a defender. I saw Independiente v Racing in Buenos Aires once and I can assure you that if the game had been played here, three or four would have been sent off and umpteen boooked; but the Argentinian ref kept his cards in his pocket and got hand shakes all round at the end. That's the way they play.

My wife and I got mugged at knife point by three young tearaways on a day trip to Montevideo that time and barely escaped with our lives; but the police didn't want to know; apparently being a tourist in that country is provocative and makes you fair game. It's a different culture.

So it seems is anyone who plays against Sr Saurez (fair game).

He's an adult with a wife and two children who runs about a football pitch biting and abusing people.

If you're in any doubt about the Latin and particularly Uruguayan culture from that perspective, read through the full FA decision on the Suarez v Evra case, you'll get your eyes opened.

He ought to be arrested and locked up, never mind suspended from football for 4 months.

Wasn't that what the whole piece was highlighting? The difference in attitudes, both on and off the field, between his humble upbringing and the middle-class, corporate world that he now finds himself in?

I certainly don't agree with the writer saying that a suspended sentence was appropriate, he had to be punished, but it makes more sense than your calls for him to be jailed!

There may be some merit in him working with a psychologist, but I don't see it as being a magic cure. Part of him will always be a dirt-poor street kid who has never grown up and doesn't fit in to the image that must be portrayed to keep the football gravytrain rolling.

Wasn't that what the whole piece was highlighting? The difference in attitudes, both on and off the field, between his humble upbringing and the middle-class, corporate world that he now finds himself in?

I certainly don't agree with the writer saying that a suspended sentence was appropriate, he had to be punished, but it makes more sense than your calls for him to be jailed!

There may be some merit in him working with a psychologist, but I don't see it as being a magic cure. Part of him will always be a dirt-poor street kid who has never grown up and doesn't fit in to the image that must be portrayed to keep the football gravytrain rolling.

Well perhaps it was; but I read it as excusing his moronic behaviour, which is inexcusable for any reason in my book.

They will definitely sell for anything upwards of £50m or equivalent in players; he's a toxic brand now anywhere in the English speaking world but is a hero to the Latins.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9367866/transfer-news-barca-sporting-director-andoni-zubizarreta-praises-transfer-target-luis-suarez

Zubizarreta praises Suarez

Last Updated: July 1 2014, 14:42 BST

Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta has praised transfer target Luis Suarez for issuing a public apology for his bite on Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup, calling the Uruguay and Liverpool forward "humble".

Sky Bet

Luis Suarez to sign for before 2nd September 2014 Sign For Before 2nd September: Barcelona 2/5

Suarez is believed to be Barcelona's number one transfer target this summer and the fact the player has been banned from playing football for four months by FIFA for his bite on Chiellini has not deterred the club from pursuing his signature.

Suarez, who initially denied biting Chiellini, apologised to the Italy defender via social media on Monday, but did not mention Liverpool in his statement, prompting speculation he is indeed looking to leave the Merseyside club for Barcelona.

It has been suggested that Barcelona encouraged Suarez to apologise for his actions, and Zubizarreta welcomed the move.

"Suarez has shown he is humble enough to admit an error, which is very important," he told reporters.

"He has been humble enough to apologise to those he has affected, because it happened in the middle of a festival of football. In this case it's the best thing a person can do."

The former Barca and Spain goalkeeper also highlighted Suarez's footballing qualities.

"Everyone knows that Luis is an excellent player, everyone knows last season he played in various positions in attack, but everyone also knows that he is a Liverpool player," he said.

Zubizarreta was speaking at the presentation of Barcelona's latest signing Ivan Rakitic, and the midfielder also praised Suarez.

"The fact he has had the character and the strength to go in front of everyone and say sorry says a lot about him as a person," said the Croatian international.

"Not every person has that strength to admit they have done something stupid. I rarely say that I am wrong so this says a lot about him, he has shown the character and strength he has so he should be commended for that.

"Regardless of whether the club signs him or not, his quality is unquestionable. He has shown a lot of quality with Uruguay and scored more than 30 goals (last season) with Liverpool, so he has the necessary quality to play for Barca."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9367866/transfer-news-barca-sporting-director-andoni-zubizarreta-praises-transfer-target-luis-suarez

Zubizarreta praises Suarez

Last Updated: July 1 2014, 14:42 BST

Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta has praised transfer target Luis Suarez for issuing a public apology for his bite on Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup, calling the Uruguay and Liverpool forward "humble".

Sky Bet

Luis Suarez to sign for before 2nd September 2014 Sign For Before 2nd September: Barcelona 2/5

Suarez is believed to be Barcelona's number one transfer target this summer and the fact the player has been banned from playing football for four months by FIFA for his bite on Chiellini has not deterred the club from pursuing his signature.

Suarez, who initially denied biting Chiellini, apologised to the Italy defender via social media on Monday, but did not mention Liverpool in his statement, prompting speculation he is indeed looking to leave the Merseyside club for Barcelona.

It has been suggested that Barcelona encouraged Suarez to apologise for his actions, and Zubizarreta welcomed the move.

"Suarez has shown he is humble enough to admit an error, which is very important," he told reporters.

"He has been humble enough to apologise to those he has affected, because it happened in the middle of a festival of football. In this case it's the best thing a person can do."

The former Barca and Spain goalkeeper also highlighted Suarez's footballing qualities.

"Everyone knows that Luis is an excellent player, everyone knows last season he played in various positions in attack, but everyone also knows that he is a Liverpool player," he said.

Zubizarreta was speaking at the presentation of Barcelona's latest signing Ivan Rakitic, and the midfielder also praised Suarez.

"The fact he has had the character and the strength to go in front of everyone and say sorry says a lot about him as a person," said the Croatian international.

"Not every person has that strength to admit they have done something stupid. I rarely say that I am wrong so this says a lot about him, he has shown the character and strength he has so he should be commended for that.

"Regardless of whether the club signs him or not, his quality is unquestionable. He has shown a lot of quality with Uruguay and scored more than 30 goals (last season) with Liverpool, so he has the necessary quality to play for Barca."

Once again Gersnet has the scoop!