Have not read all the way through this thread, so this may have been said. Why do Rangers fans hang on the words of so called legends who did nothing, absolutely nothing when we really needed them? If the last few years tell us anything it's not to hope that some ex player or manager or director will come to our rescue, we that fans must save the club ourselves.

We the club will not save ourselves, that much is clear. We were bordering on instinction and were incapable of formulating a plan to save ourselves.

People say we have a terrific fan base, I completely disagree.

Look out for this mate.

Was interesting to hear Graeme Souness talk about the Brian Kennedy/Duff & Phelps situation last night. Clearly holding back on a lot.

Basically said Kennedy was told he would have Rangers by the Monday, then the admins changed it with no reason given.

His face when he said "something was not right" says it all. Kept saying "I've got to watch what I'm saying" too. Clearly knows something.

As stated, attended last night ie the second Q and A session.

Yep, Souness reaffirmed Kennedy was convinced he had a deal to purchase the club, only to find Duff and Phelps reneged on the agreement . He implied Whyte's determination to see Duff and Phelps appointed saw the delivery of pre-made decisions. Confirmed if Kennedy was to get involved again, he would do what he could for no remuneration, Smith similarly.

He named his best Rangers 11 he had played in/signed as thus : Woods, Stevens, Munro, Butcher, Gough, Steven, Wilkins, Durrant, Cooper, Hateley, McCoist. Interesting to see Stuart Monro named as his preferred left back, a fair number of the support did not care for Munro, but I always rated him because of his recovery pace.

Confirmed the '89 Scottish Cup final story, threw his runners-up medal away and promised the Sellik supporting journos that he would wipe the smiles from their faces in a matter of weeks. The MoJo deal was already done and MoJo was keen to sign right from the off. He thought this was a major block in the nine-in-a-row foundation, ra Sellik took years to recover from the loss of face.

Two good stories about conducting deals/signings whilst the subject/opposite number was pissed. He knew Spurs were close to signing the England skipper, thus he caught Terry Butcher coming off a plane from Mexico world cup, he was sparkled. Brought him up to Scotland overnight, Terry sobering up was having second thoughts about Scots taking to him, Souness leaked it to a few journos and several hundred Bears were waiting at the stadium doors to welcome him, he signed that afternoon. On the other hand, he met Brian Clough of an afternoon with the purpose of securing Stuart Pierce. By early evening, a deal had been concluded and he contacted Clough the next day to confirm details, Clough had no recollection of the day before/week before, ...etc.

Souness thought Derek Ferguson could have/should have been better than Barry. However, he lacked professionalism and pace. The first fault, particularly application at training caused the second.

Candid about pressures at Rangers, Gerry McNee was to the forefront of a coterie(is that the correct collective noun) of Sellik supporting journos in both broadcast and print media that had clear agendas undermining their professionalism.

Genuinely distressed at Durrant's suffering from that tackle. World class player deliberately chopped by Simpson.

More as I recall.

confirms what we all know about duff and phelps.

At the time Whyte got in 24 hours before hmrc and the court granted his choice...D&P

hmrc went for BDO ( is that right?...the guys at Hearts)

I was wondering how it would have gone if BDO were in there from the start instead of D&P

pointless wondering now I suppose

At the time Whyte got in 24 hours before hmrc and the court granted his choice...D&P

I was wondering how it would have gone if BDO were in there from the start instead of D&P

Heartbreaking thinking about it.

i suspect we would have got a cva no problem.

i suspect we would have got a cva no problem.

I don't think we ever had a chance of a CVA with HMRC once it was discovered what Whyte had done I.e. Not paying over PAYE/NI.

The Big Question is why D&P didn't know this.