Rangers v Hibs in Challenge Cup 1st Round

Doesn't say much but their colours suggests a strong Gers connection?

Not that I'm aware of - I think the colours are related to their University background.

They just seem to be a well organised local (for me anyway) club and are apparently next in line to join the SPFL.

Long ago when I was masquerading as a student the sports club notice boards had a section for Spartans. My ragged memory tells me it was for athletics as well but that could be wrong. I doubt if SFC have any college connection now.

Within the context of all that has happened to Rangers these past few years, I struggle to have any interest in the Challenge Cup at all.

It is a nothing tournament to win and a nothing tournament to lose. A club with a history like ours makes the very act of participation in a Cup like this a painful experience.

Being in this tournament is an unwanted reminder that Rangers' history has been badly tarnished by recent events and humiliations.

I wish there was no such thing as the Challenge Cup.

Spartans in Edinburgh would be an interesting draw... :cool:

Oh Gawd no, we would have to listen to po-faced, hairy-arsed bore, and big, big Spartans supporter of a journo, Moira Gordon.

Maybe Moira was only a Spartans devotee during our application to the SFA for a license? Moira demanded Spartans were next in line and Rangers should take their turn at the back of the queue.

Within the context of all that has happened to Rangers these past few years, I struggle to have any interest in the Challenge Cup at all.

It is a nothing tournament to win and a nothing tournament to lose. A club with a history like ours makes the very act of participation in a Cup like this a painful experience.

Being in this tournament is an unwanted reminder that Rangers' history has been badly tarnished by recent events and humiliations.

I wish there was no such thing as the Challenge Cup.

Regardless of the situation we are in, The Challenge cup is still a trophy, and one that the club has NEVER won. After this season, it is hopefully one that we will never have a chance of winning again.

For a club like Rangers to have 3 attempts at winning this, and so far failing twice is the truly embarrassing thing.