Bhaa. crap comparison. Who cares who you manage at work? If you gave them warnings I'm pretty sure they would listen or be reprimanded.

Plenty time to reflect then..

you know my point. You also are defending the undefendable

Didn't think it would need to be a written rule that you obey by any warnings from staff. Jees. Next it will be the illuminati that's involved in a conspiracy to protect ally ..

My word....another who has just lost my respect.

i'm gonna take a guess here, i wonder if sc was on admins watch list and they where gonna ban him regardless of saying something positive or negative.

used to love this place when guys like craig, dan, gribz, bluedell, and and a blast from the past smalce oh and jon posted here, sadly as somebody said earlier, it is turning into ff which is a utter shame.

Well that's typical similar to the mainstream media of today...condemnation with no investigation. You didn't even read the posts.....he broke no rules.

Sorry but if that's the mindset then I walk from this place.

How do you know he broke no rules? Do you know what the warnings were about? Maybe you aren't in possession of the full facts?

Don't see the relevance of whether I read the thread or not.

I'm going to close this thread for the moment while I have a look into this.

In the meantime, I think a few people need to take a deep breath and perhaps get some fresh air.

Right, I've had a quick look at the thread in question and I want to make a few points.

1. If you don't like the way this forum is moderated please go elsewhere. We have a small team of guys who work hard (and pay money) to provide this site/forum free of charge and maintain a variety of projects to make it a worthwhile place to visit. Zappa, in particular, does more than most of us in that regard and if he bans people he does it for good reason - nothing else.

2. SC was banned last night after a long period of behaviour and posts which was frustrating enough for us to receive several complaints and, thus have to discuss as a team. He received a variety of warnings and, no matter the subject, if people cannot stay sensible in the quality of their arguments - both style wise and in their duration then that does detract from the spirit of the forum. That's why we have to moderate criticism of some topics - I think that's a fair reason from time to time.

3. However, just to show we're not robots, after reading the thread, in this case I don't think SC's posts merited a permanent ban and have reduced this (if indeed that's what was given to him) to a 24 hour one. SC will be welcome back onto the site tonight (or tomorrow).

Last but not least, over the 10 years or so I've helped run this site and in the five years preceding that we've had to ban hardly any people and certainly none for airing an opinion about the manager or club. To be clear though, everyone should air their opinions in a respectful way and in line with our rules. That means if our admin team request you rein in your criticism from time to time to allow everyone (often yourself) to breathe you should respect that. Of course we're not perfect ourselves though and we may make decisions in haste. We're big enough to admit that and have reversed a few such decisions in the past.

To conclude, no-one will be banned for saying Ally McCoist is a crap manager or Graham Wallace is a crap CEO or Lee McCulloch a crap player. That would be daft. However, if you keep moaning about suchlike in every single thread then not only does your argument become weakened it spoils the atmosphere for others. After all we should all be intelligent enough to realise quantity doesn't mean quality.

That's the principle this forum has operated on for as long as I remember. And it's a principle that will remain.