This is just a talking shop, a sop to those stupid enough to believe anything this board say. Any Bear who would represent the fans correctly will get nowhere near the fan board.

I sometimes wonder if readers of this site, who perhaps don't post very much, are curious about why there is so much pessimism about Rangers matters, especially from some of the usual suspects, of which I am one.

Sadly, my well of optimism about Rangers has run dry, and this latest membership farce is just one more reason why the club and I continue to drift apart.

Democracy is a wonderful concept. It has imperfections and flaws but it entitles everyone to a say and gives people a choice about whether their opinion should count.

A pretend democracy dressed up as a legitimate democracy, however, is beyond insulting. This is an attempt to legitimise decisions arrived at. It is an opportunity for the ownership/board to tell the world that their wisdom is our wisdom: that their instincts are our instincts and that their priorities are our priorities.

When we think of the stages that had to be gone through before society arrived at a democratic process that most found acceptable, and watch as our club provides us with this abomination, it is not only hard to accept, it becomes increasingly difficult to actively support anyone that would foist such a thing upon us.

I will find it hard to respect anyone who stands for this board.

I'll understand if you'd rather not, but any chance of expanding on that? :devil:

No problem Zap Ive already explained it on RM & Rangers Chat why I would not consider standing a while ago so its no secret.

FIrstly I think as a blogger, being on such a board would compromise my neutrality/impartiality if I felt I had to write about it in the future.

Secondly throughout the years I have received considerable support & information from VB who as you know, were completely unsatisfied by the board, on a range of topics, despite the board being given considerable opportunity to clarify matters. I think it would be disrespectful to VB to apply for a position set up by a board which cannot answer the most fundamental questions regarding the future of the club.

Finally I think there are far better people qualified for such a position - I am fairly one dimensional even in my blogs - the majority are about defending the club & support. I think the position requires persons with a wider range of vision and knowledge of subjects which I am am not only lacking in - but do not have the appetite for.

No problem Zap Ive already explained it on RM & Rangers Chat why I would not consider standing a while ago so its no secret.

FIrstly I think as a blogger' date=' being on such a board would compromise my neutrality/impartiality if I felt I had to write about it in the future.

Secondly throughout the years I have received considerable support & information from VB who as you know, were completely unsatisfied by the board, on a range of topics, despite the board being given considerable opportunity to clarify matters. I think it would be disrespectful to VB to apply for a position set up by a board which cannot answer the most fundamental questions regarding the future of the club.

Finally I think there are far better people qualified for such a position - I am fairly one dimensional even in my blogs - the majority are about defending the club & support. I think the position requires persons with a wider range of vision and knowledge of subjects which I am am not only lacking in - but do not have the appetite for.[/quote']

It is understandable that you wouldn't like to be subject to the sort of backlash that David Leggat and Chris Graham faced when incurring the wrath of a former ally, but I do think that you do yourself a disservice in not thinking that you would be a suitable member. The fan board will have no real power, but once on it, an elected member who wasn't afraid to speak out, and already had a platform to do so, would be able to heap even more public pressure upon this board and it's investors who control it.

I will find it hard to respect anyone who stands for this board.

I think that is a little unfair.

I don't believe that Forlanssister would sit meekly in the corner, content to just being there. Obviously, there may be others who would see it differently to him, but until we see the make up of it, we shouldn't disregard it. If the board manipulate the candidates up for election they will only confirm what most people think of it and it will never have any credibility.