It's vital this board has people on it prepared to go against the grain.

There is no chance of anyone who they see as being against the board, outspoken, not following the party line, or going against the grain as you put it getting anywhere near this fans board. Anyone who has these attributes would not go near this company union talking shop.

Edited by BEARGER

There is no chance of anyone who they see as being against the board, outspoken, not falling the party line, or going against the grain as you put it getting anywhere near this fans board. Anyone who has these attributes would not go near this company union talking shop.

I'd hope that's not true - we'll just have to wait and see who is appointed and how the process works.

There is no chance of anyone who they see as being against the board, outspoken, not falling the party line, or going against the grain as you put it getting anywhere near this fans board. Anyone who has these attributes would not go near this company union talking shop.

How will they know from the applications?

How will they know from the applications?

As you know, at AGMs and open meetings, we often have to make the organisers aware of our names, addresses and affiliations and are (supposed) to highlight them when we ask questions at these events.

With that in mind, I think it's fair to say the club will be aware of some names and associates who they may not fancy holding them to account on a quarterly basis.

However, on the other hand, there may not be a huge number of applications and if otherwise credible people are turned down merely on their reputation then that could make the scheme look rather silly so it could be argued the club are under pressure to accept more familiar or experienced names.

I guess we won't know until it happens. Closing date for applications is next week but I'm not sure how long the vetting process will take. At current rates, it probably won't be until Christmas before we have a fan board - possibly just in time for the AGM.

As you know, at AGMs and open meetings, we often have to make the organisers aware of our names, addresses and affiliations and are (supposed) to highlight them when we ask questions at these events.

With that in mind, I think it's fair to say the club will be aware of some names and associates who they may not fancy holding them to account on a quarterly basis.

However, on the other hand, there may not be a huge number of applications and if otherwise credible people are turned down merely on their reputation then that could make the scheme look rather silly so it could be argued the club are under pressure to accept more familiar or experienced names.

I guess we won't know until it happens. Closing date for applications is next week but I'm not sure how long the vetting process will take. At current rates, it probably won't be until Christmas before we have a fan board - possibly just in time for the AGM.

Cynic! :D I do agree with you that there is pressure on them to pick some names who are already known, but as has been seen on numerous occasions, they don't seem to give a fig as to how others view their actions.

On the point of vetting the application forms, they don't really need to know who is a militant, if they already know who is sympathetic to them. The way they have split it into a dozen sections makes it a lot easier to control.

However would that list be passed on to committee doing the vetting? Would they risk it getting out that certain people were black-listed?

However would that list be passed on to committee doing the vetting? Would they risk it getting out that certain people were black-listed?

I'd imagine the club will hold a veto for anyone they feel is unsuitable but, I'd agree, they'd look bad if they used this for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, we simply don't know enough about the process to know how credible it is. This makes us cynical but I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

We have a board of whom it is alleged' date=' and not without reasonable cause, clearly are having issues raising the required revenue streams to finance the club. They highlight previously that there is a priority need for greater engagement with the fans, and[b'] then promptly charge those with whom they would seek to engage, a sum for doing so.[/b]

Go figure.

I was surprised that they handed free membership to those buying a ST. What I am not surprised is that they are charging membership fees ... which would give you a vote (and quite a few "goodies" too). Have a look what membership fees at Motherwell cost - for comparison ... and hence I was actually surprised too that the fee required was as low as it is.

Reference the RFC Fans' Board.

Reminds me of sitting Higher History(Traditional) 40 years past. The detached British Government's attempts to deal with the revolution in the Americas was parcelled into two Acts, the Canada Act and the Continental Act. One was described as, 'a fire without a chimney', and the other as, 'a chimney without a fire'. Seems equally applicable to the RFC Fans Board.

I have an idea, since we the supporters are the single biggest investor in the club, season after season. How's about a couple of Rangers fans on the club Board? Anything other is deserving of ridicule.

Of course, all candidates for positions as supporters on the club Board should have both Higher History and Higher Latin.

I'll give the fan board a miss..

Now I'm a union man

Amazed at what I am

I say what I think, that the company stinks

Yes I'm a union man.

as a union man I'm wise

To the lies of the company spies

And I don't get fooled by the factory rules

'Cause I always read between the lines.