Who from gersnet will be applying?

Mhairi is one of us, even though he hasn't posted that often of late.

As for the locals vs Lanarkshire et al, I would assume that those living close by to Ibrox will have more closer "community" issues with the stadium and its surroundings than people a "bit farther off". While it does look reasonable and seems to include a great variety of people, trying to get these 12 people onto one table regularly and decide on things might prove to be somewhat complicated. But as I said before, any sort of input from the support to the board should be welcomed. I reckon that this Fan Board will indeed post the recommendations et al made to the board, so people can see what has been proposed and what comes of it.

This is just a relaunch of the worldwide alliance, or assembly, or whatever it is called. The only difference that I can see is that you now have to pay for the privilege of membership, but you get a shiny badge or similar for your dish.

While all ST holders are automatically included for free this season, I am guessing this is just to get the numbers up to give it some validation and from next season onwards the fee will apply, where the numbers will dwindle as it is seen to be as toothless as all the other incarnations have been.

4 meetings a year? Not going to get much done in 4 meetings a year. Our club is in such a poor state, a fit and proper fans board would be needing weekly meetings to deal with fans queries, and probably fortnightly meetings with the board to hold them to account for the (empty) promises they make them.

The problem with volunteer fans boards is that they mostly all have jobs and other things going on in their lives, and in between meetings very little happens. You can bet you will also find that out the 12 fans board members, only 3 or 4 at a push will do all the work, and the rest will just turn up to hear what's going on.

Show me this in a year and tell me I was wrong!

He's a she and she's on the selection committee dB, so won't be applying.

Just a typo on my part (for I know as she's on my twitter list). Fair point, but at least we know "we" are represented from the off.

I was a bit disappointed in the way this membership scheme is structured, as we have a decent enough example done by Motherwell for years - even though I did not check how successful it actually is. Similar schemes are abound in Germany with football, ice hockey and basketball teams. Then again, no-one would have coughed up another 300 pound to join up in this current climate.

Just a typo on my part (for I know as she's on my twitter list). Fair point, but at least we know "we" are represented from the off.

Sort of, although she hasn't posted since last year. I'm guessing maybe she spends her spare time tweeting these days as opposed to posting on forums?

Those Law of averages (re.DB) just ain't kicking in :whistling:

:seal:

Is that just empty-headed nonsense, or empty-headed nonsense with a pinch of goading? Well, I think I take the latter and send you under the veil again ... when I was actually thinking it might be worthy lifting it after a few weeks. Still ain't worth it, it seems.

Is that just empty-headed nonsense, or empty-headed nonsense with a pinch of goading? Well, I think I take the latter and send you under the veil again ... when I was actually thinking it might be worthy lifting it after a few weeks. Still ain't worth it, it seems.

Don't Go DB..........this is a case of an attemped light hearted remark (connected to yesterdays post) being 'Lost in Translation'.

My old Gran used to say to me "Don't buy bullshit then KB humour"..........which brings me back to the proposed 'fans board'.

A pro-board agitator on FF (Applepine) who was obviously fairly high up or connected to such told us on the 5th of January about some of the details of how the membership scheme would be shaped, ie. fans meetings with the manager and others with the CEO.

This was before any questionaires went out. His thread was called "Communication & Engagement"...

He forgot to preface the title with 'Plastic'.

RST don't get replies to e-mails but the board are heavilly committed to 'engagement', honest !!

They are looking for 12 people and there are 12 categories. Does that mean that there will be one from each section?

Or will a 16 year old female non season ticket holder who lives in Ireland and is of Asian descent, is in a wheelchair and attends home and away games with her family get appointed as she ticks many of the boxes?

No, you can only select one category.

The category thing is absolutely ridiculous. It should be a case of selecting the most competent regardless of who they are. Although that would negate the whole point of this sham.

This is one big PR exercise. The 'fan board' have been selected for a photo op. Look how diverse we are, just don't ask us any difficult questions. A day out at Ibrox followed by a short scripted Q and A session. Photos with Broxi the Bear all round.