I'd imagine the club will hold a veto for anyone they feel is unsuitable but, I'd agree, they'd look bad if they used this for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, we simply don't know enough about the process to know how credible it is. This makes us cynical but I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

They put forward an application they find suitable only for the club to veto it.How would the committee feel about that?

What's the point of the committee?

"The Nominations Committee – Reverend Stuart MacQuarrie, former Rangers Captain David Weir, international rugby star Alastair Kellock and supporters Tom Mowbray, Mhairi McKenzie, Melville Curry, Ross Hardie and Holly-Jade Johnston – will evaluate applications from a number of supporter categories with Club Members then asked to vote on the 12 candidates they feel will best look after their interests."

Firstly, who nominated the nominations committee? Answer: the current Rangers board - the same one that thousands of Rangers fans don't endorse, respect or trust.

Secondly, they will 'evaluate applications'. Question: how will they do that and what right do they have to do it?

Thirdly, why should there be any category of supporter at all? Answer: to engineer the make-up of the board.

Fourthly, why does there have to be an ex-player on the committee? Question: how many ex-players have said or done anything of any value during the recent years of crisis? John Brown spoke out, but that's about it. Has Derek Johnstone caught the mood of the support? Has Mark Hateley?

This farce is taking over from where the rotten borough that was the Assembly MK1 left off.

I agree with all these points.

It's a bit like the unelected RF committee only worse because this committee are selecting the candidates.

The categories are ridiculous. If there's a category for women why not one or several for men. If ethnic minorities why not non-ethnic minorities. If disabled, why not able bodied. etc etc.

There should not be any categories, we are all Rangers Fans, the election should be open to anyone who wants to stand and people can state in their manifestos any personal information that they consider relevant.

As you know, at AGMs and open meetings, we often have to make the organisers aware of our names, addresses and affiliations and are (supposed) to highlight them when we ask questions at these events.

With that in mind, I think it's fair to say the club will be aware of some names and associates who they may not fancy holding them to account on a quarterly basis.

However, on the other hand, there may not be a huge number of applications and if otherwise credible people are turned down merely on their reputation then that could make the scheme look rather silly so it could be argued the club are under pressure to accept more familiar or experienced names.

I guess we won't know until it happens. Closing date for applications is next week but I'm not sure how long the vetting process will take. At current rates, it probably won't be until Christmas before we have a fan board - possibly just in time for the AGM.

Recruitment Pack

The Committee will review all Fans Board applications from 20 August and nominate a shortlist of supporters for election to the Fans Board. The shortlist will be selected based on evaluation of all application forms against the criteria listed within this recruitment pack - job description and personal profile.

A shortlist of nominees in each of the 12 categories will be identified by the Nominations committee. The application forms for each of the successful shortlisted nominees will be posted publicly on rangers.co.uk for supporter consideration. Members, including all season ticket holders, will then be given the opportunity to vote on the shortlist of nominees in each of the 12 categories. Voting will be online in September. The votes will be counted and verified and the 12 member Fans Board announced thereafter.

Constitution

10.3 Once the Candidates have been announced, the Club will fix a specific period of time during which Members will be entitled to vote in the ballot for election of Candidates to RFB. The voting period will be no greater than 21 days.

I wonder how many have joined this fans group? We know that all ST holders are automatically members, although they could I presume tell the club to remove their names from the membership list. But how many have actually paid money to join?

I agree with all these points.

It's a bit like the unelected RF committee only worse because this committee are selecting the candidates.

The categories are ridiculous. If there's a category for women why not one or several for men. If ethnic minorities why not non-ethnic minorities. If disabled, why not able bodied. etc etc.

11 out of 12 not enough?

There should not be any categories, we are all Rangers Fans, the election should be open to anyone who wants to stand and people can state in their manifestos any personal information that they consider relevant.

In all probability you're correct.

I've toyed with the idea in my head, not that I think i'd get chosen anyway, but it would be a good way to get some views across properly especially on our football management

It would also be a good way to meet directors, shake their hands and tell them what a great job they're doing of running the club! :cool6: