Studies have shown that people with higher intelligence are more likely to optimistic. Others show that optimistic people tend to be more realistic.

I think one of the reasons for the former is that they tend to think they have the power to improve things or that opportunities to do so will come along, and the latter is that optimists tend to see both sides but are still optimistic while pessimists tend to see everything as bad refuse to acknowledge anything good.

That's all fine and well but I think it more relevant to consider the particular circumstances you are dealing with rather than general studies.

I'd have thought that people with "higher intelligence" will vary their outlook dependent on circumstances.

That includes the free staff ones gunslinger mentioned previously and also over 200 wheelchair & carer tickets.

Last figure I'm aware of was 23.5k including the gratis ones so less than 23k actually sold by then.

The IPO gave a net value of £219 per season ticket so probably circa £250 now.

The only way season ticket sales will exceed 30k is if the Board is replaced.

There doesn't seem to be much between our estimates FS.

My information is that the current number is nearer 24,000 than 23,000 and I couldn't honestly say if that includes the freebies and others you mention.

You say the "Last figure (you were) aware of was 23, 500 inc the freebies; but you don't say how long ago that was.

So the difference between us may be only the freebies and/or others.

Splitting hairs are we not?

I didn't suggest that ST sales would go over 30,000.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

But there will be a drop. And the auditors did note we needed an increase.

What now?

I did say at the time that I was incredulous that the Board upon enquiry said that they had reason to believe that ST sales would go up at the same time as they were referring to the possible impact of the UoF/SoS campaign etc.

I would be shocked if Deloittes had not demanded to know the basis of the Board's opinion at the time, but ultimately that is a matter for the Board.

Since it is manifestly the case that their judgement on that aspect of the Notes to the Accounts was wrong, the very best that they can hope for is that they won't be granted the same latitude by the auditors again.

At least it is very difficult to see how the auditors can carry on.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Gunslinger disagrees.

Source Top Trumps?

Does he, where does he say that?

Anyway, his best mate FS agrees, more or less.

I disagree with GS that Mr King is going to ride in with £50M but lets not go there again, at least not for another couple of weeks.

Tell you what I'll do; I'll make sure GS is sitting opposite me at the dinner this time, that should be fun :party:.

:cheers:

1. That is completely irrelevant. What is relevant is the current figure for ST sales.

2. I'm not buying your 25,000+ figure at all. If it's sub 24k just now, then it's unlikely to rise up to 25k until Dec/Jan when they'll sell some half season books.

I also can't see the average for home league match paper tickets over the course of the full season being anywhere near 12k per match because there's a lot of twists and turns still to come over the next couple of months and remember, we're still in the 'fair weather' part of the year.

Poor or problematic accounts could easily cause further significant drops in ticket sales. If the board take any drastic measures to raise working capital then again, that could cause drops in ticket sales.

In fact, almost everything you can think of would suggest ticket sales being likely to drop rather than rise unless there's major power & boardroom changes.

The only way the board could significantly increase tickets sales is by signing a high quality player or two before the transfer window closes. A Cuellar or Bougherra type singing for central defense and Weiss for a skillful and creative attacking option would do the trick, but the Club can't afford it and the fans know the Club can't currently afford it, so it might not even work as a carrot.

Leaving aside the impossible debate about the final ST number I am interested in your view that only onfield improvement in some shape or form "could significantly increase tickets sales" to the extent that they would offset the losses that you and others say are mainly due to discontent with the Board rather than discontent with what is happening on the field of play.

Is there not at least some degree of contradiction there?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The only way the board could significantly increase tickets sales is by signing a high quality player or two before the transfer window closes. A Cuellar or Bougherra type singing for central defense and Weiss for a skillful and creative attacking option would do the trick, but the Club can't afford it and the fans know the Club can't currently afford it, so it might not even work as a carrot.

So the 'fans' won't turn up regardless of these players you mention? That's nonsense.

We're playing in an unrecognised league, wait til next year mate.:celebrate2:

Does he, where does he say that?

Anyway, his best mate FS agrees, more or less.

I disagree with GS that Mr King is going to ride in with £50M but lets not go there again, at least not for another couple of weeks.

Tell you what I'll do; I'll make sure GS is sitting opposite me at the dinner this time, that should be fun :party:.

:cheers:

Not long after your initial post.

24k if it wasn't so shockingly low I would point out its 2k of reality.