That would cost us more money (unless the RFFF et al is used for it) and is essentially nothing the newco owners can be bothered with - more ac ase for the Oldco's shareholders. After all, it is their shareholding that went down the drain, yet, they might want to chase HMRC for that rather than the football authorities.

That said, the SPL and the SFA made an utter hash of their duties, went way over the top with nigh anything they levelled against us, because the club was essentially not doing anything wrong itself, but its owner did not pay what he had to. In any case, it beggars believe that those at the SPL-now-SPFL and SFA are still in the job after not only wrecking the top tier as a contest, but also Scottish football on the whole. No matter what though, they will claim that they all did it in "good faith" at the time and they will get away with it, much like HMRC will. We have already lost and and anything we get will be small consolation. Nonetheless, we should chase them till kingdom comes!

Reading this you would think that there ain't that much different to us ...

No word of a/the company & club being bought.

None so blind and all that

About H.F.C.Holdings Limited

H.F.C.Holdings Limited was set up on 26 Jun 1991 and has its registered office in Edinburgh. Its current status is listed as "Live" and it currently has 2 directors. It was founded by Sir Thomas Farmer, Mr Robert Huthersall. The company has only one subsidiary, The Hibernian Football Club Limited.

https://www.duedil.com//company/SC132607/h-f-c-holdings-limited

About The Hibernian Football Club Limited

The Hibernian Football Club Limited was incorporated on 11 Apr 1903 and is located in Edinburgh. The company's status is listed as "Live" and it currently has 9 directors. The Hibernian Football Club Limited employed 50-99 people. The Hibernian Football Club Limited does not have any subsidiaries.

https://www.duedil.com/company/SC005323/the-hibernian-football-club-limited

How about educating those that do the Wiki page and help improving it ... instead of essentially posing like an overly smart chap on here? BTW, if you read again, you'd see that I put "might" right in the first sentence.

In both cases the 'club' was allowed to continue was it not?

In Hibz case a parent company went into receivership and in our case the company which owned the club was refused a CVA and went into a liquidation process.

Quite how one gets put to the bottom tier of Scottish football and the other gets off scot free is totally unjustified IMO.

I think we do know the reasons why we got put to the bottom tier but no one is prepared to challenge the people who took that decision unfortunately

In both cases the 'club' was allowed to continue was it not?

In Hibz case a parent company went into receivership and in our case the company which owned the club was refused a CVA and went into a liquidation process.

Quite how one gets put to the bottom tier of Scottish football and the other gets off scot free is totally unjustified IMO.

I think we do know the reasons why we got put to the bottom tier but no one is prepared to challenge the people who took that decision unfortunately

Probably because there is no proof to back up what most of us think.

How about educating those that do the Wiki page and help improving it ... instead of essentially posing like an overly smart chap on here? BTW, if you read again, you'd see that I put "might" right in the first sentence.

I quoted you verbatim, so cannot see what the hell "might" has to do with it.

UK company documents are publicly available by law and it takes a few seconds to locate them.

No matter how much you and Rab want Hibs to have been through the same situation as us minor inconveniences like facts get in the way, no amount of huffing and puffing will alter the fact that Tom Farmer bought the whole company.

To me it seems that there is enough of a technicality for them to have an excuse to treat us differently. However, I think it's obvious that if it was Hibs instead of us that had a parent company liquidated, the response would not have been the same.

I would guess they would have possibly had a punishment of something like relegation of one division, given a 10 point penalty and forced to pay football debts and maybe a few other sanctions such as player signing limitations.

Kicking them out the whole league system and having to re-apply, withholding prize money, illegal transfer bans and stripping of honours and history would not have been on the agenda.

An opinion not based on fact but supposition. And there really is absolutely no way of knowing how close you are to being correct.

Oh gone on do tell me. Actually I was working & living in Edinburgh at this time & recall vividly everything that happened including Mercer's botched takeover.

Hibz(football club)were transferred from a parent company called forth investments plc(Duff & Gray's company which owned pubs & restaurants too) to Farmers new parent company HFC Ltd(or whatever it's called). The old parent company went down the tubes so the club was sold for around £3m as I recall. The old parent company's shareprice went as low as 3p I believe.

Now please do tell me the difference between what happened to Rangers seeing as you're an expert in everything which doesnt benefit Rangers

Enough of the sniff sniff please. It is unbecoming this forum.

That would cost us more money (unless the RFFF et al is used for it) and is essentially nothing the newco owners can be bothered with - more ac ase for the Oldco's shareholders. After all, it is their shareholding that went down the drain, yet, they might want to chase HMRC for that rather than the football authorities.

That said, the SPL and the SFA made an utter hash of their duties, went way over the top with nigh anything they levelled against us, because the club was essentially not doing anything wrong itself, but its owner did not pay what he had to. In any case, it beggars believe that those at the SPL-now-SPFL and SFA are still in the job after not only wrecking the top tier as a contest, but also Scottish football on the whole. No matter what though, they will claim that they all did it in "good faith" at the time and they will get away with it, much like HMRC will. We have already lost and and anything we get will be small consolation. Nonetheless, we should chase them till kingdom comes!

They will have absolutely no chance against HMRC. HMRC are well within their powers to levy a tax bill based on what they believe to be tax avoidance. The fact they lost the case doesn't mean they weren't entitled to a) issue a bill for it as their case was built on their interpretation of UK tax legislation and b) appeal it.