I'm not voting for Mr Harris , because if he's successful and does gain a place on the fans board. then we at Gesrnet might not have his full attention organising the Gersnet annual gathering. I wasn't at the last meal but hear it was a rounding success due in part to his meticulous eye to details and wine choice. So now i'm thinking attending the next meet, thus hopefully having Alan's full attention would secure another good evening out.

Sorry if that sounds selfish.

Modesty prevents me agreeing with you about the dinner but since I am now semi retired I feel sure I can devote enough time to RFB as well as the dinner.

That said there is no election for dinner convener :D

I hope you will be able to attend, please PM me for bank details for payment.

we covered this on here as well.

in truth whilst trying to chase away bennets money was abhorrent to me. it wouldn't have stopped duff and phelps handing us to the whyte green partnership.

Who chased his money away ?

My only gripe is how the situation was handled by Mr Harris, and do think that there may have been a touch of revenge in the manner in which he acted. In saying that, I have never believed that it prevented any investment into the club. The reaction to it on another site was OTT, but not at all unexpected given previous events.

I suspect that even Mr Harris would admit that he got it wrong in how he handled it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I am sure he would handle it differently if put in the same position again.

Modesty prevents me agreeing with you about the dinner but since I am now semi retired I feel sure I can devote enough time to RFB as well as the dinner.

That said there is no election for dinner convener :D

I hope you will be able to attend, please PM me for bank details for payment.

Was a date decided ?

Mr Harris certainly tried but as I say for more than one reason the point was moot.

Anyone that thinks John Bennett would have pulled the plug on his potential investment because of what Alan Harris said is clearly not thinking straight, IMHO.

And to suggest he tried to chase Bennett's money away is ignorant of the situation that Alan found himself in. He had a responsibility to his client to find out the intent of Bennett given investment in Rangers could plausibly have meant Bennett losing focus on his day job, managing a hedge fund, which Alan had a client invested in.

Say what you will, by Alan Harris did nothing more than his JOB. He carried out due diligence on behalf of his client, as any client should be expecting of their IFA (some would say going above and beyond - any of us with IFA's should be happy with an IFA that takes the job that seriously).

From the whole sorry situation the only mistake I can see from Alan Harris was disseminating the information he obtained from his conversations with John Bennett - but even then it was at the express consent of John Bennett that he disseminated the information.

I find it mildly amusing that Mr Harris gets the blame of chasing investment away - yet those who threatened his life think that they are somehow the whiter than white innocents who John Bennett would love to invest in. FFS people, our own fans threatened one of our own, that is simply abhorrent. The subsequent actions and threats of those who were displeased at what BH did were far more damaging to potential investment than BH. IMHO of course.

Anyone that thinks John Bennett would have pulled the plug on his potential investment because of what Alan Harris said is clearly not thinking straight, IMHO.

And to suggest he tried to chase Bennett's money away is ignorant of the situation that Alan found himself in. He had a responsibility to his client to find out the intent of Bennett given investment in Rangers could plausibly have meant Bennett losing focus on his day job, managing a hedge fund, which Alan had a client invested in.

Say what you will, by Alan Harris did nothing more than his JOB. He carried out due diligence on behalf of his client, as any client should be expecting of their IFA (some would say going above and beyond - any of us with IFA's should be happy with an IFA that takes the job that seriously).

From the whole sorry situation the only mistake I can see from Alan Harris was disseminating the information he obtained from his conversations with John Bennett - but even then it was at the express consent of John Bennett that he disseminated the information.

I find it mildly amusing that Mr Harris gets the blame of chasing investment away - yet those who threatened his life think that they are somehow the whiter than white innocents who John Bennett would love to invest in. FFS people, our own fans threatened one of our own, that is simply abhorrent. The subsequent actions and threats of those who were displeased at what BH did were far more damaging to potential investment than BH. IMHO of course.

I am sure Mr bennet was inundated with concerned rangers and Celtic supporting ifa's