Ach well ... if you call me "irritating" rather than a "troll" about off-field stuff, all will be fine. knueppel.gif ... bierkruege.gif

Steady on now, each thread is limited to a maximum of only two miracles. How about "So consistently irritating, one would suspect him of being a troll"???? :D but, yes, bierkruege.gif

Ally seems to agree as well.

RANGERS defeated Raith Rovers at Stark's Park by four goals last night and manager Ally McCoist was delighted with the performance from his side.

Goals from Nicky Clark, Ian Black, Nicky Law and a penalty from Lee McCulloch secured all three points for the Light Blues to move top of the Championship on goal difference, with Hearts set to play Dumbarton later today.

Ally McCoist was delighted with the performance levels from his squad tonight, particularly the contribution from his back four "All of my management team thought the boys were excellent from start to finish tonight.

"We scored some terrific goals and it could have been a lot more. Defensively was one of the things that pleased me more than anything, we were really solid and I thought that both centre backs in McCulloch and Mohsni were leading by example and defending really well. He continued, "Our two full backs made up the four and we played from there. I think that everyone in the team benefited from having that solid back four."

Ian Black scored the second goal of the night with a deflected shot from distance and that was quickly followed by a top corner strike by Nicky Law, "I thought all of the goals were top class.

"Obviously Blacky gets a little bit of help with the deflection but he was terrific. We've asked him to get forward and get some shots on goal and whilst he got a bit of luck with his goal, I thought he was terrific all night.

"The third goal from Nicky Law was magnificent. We give him a bit of a hard time by saying to him that it's the only finish that he's got, but with the greatest respect, it's not a bad one to have! He curls that ball right into the top corner and it's simply a great goal."

The manager was delighted with the overall performance of his team, particularly going forward, "We created some amount of chances, on another night bug Boydy could have walked away with the match ball under his arm.

"Airdy was terrific and I just thought that as an attacking force we were really good today. We were delighted with the goals that we scored but as I said, we have in many ways been critical of our defending already this season but I think that the great performance all started from the way we defended this evening."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7643-mccoist-the-boys-were-excellent

I agree (not about being petty!) but I think you have to take into account that the players probably read it too; so a bit of praise may go a long way.

The greatest sound to a man, is the sound of his name being praised.

It's not the praise which bothers me, it's the fucking 'y'! :D

I know that it is petty in the extreme, but this Blacky, Airdy, Boydy stuff does my head in.

It's obviously just a sort of term of endearment/friendly nickname type thing, but it does seem a bit OTT and daft at times.

I give praise where appropriate :)

I had a little think about the game last night. When the team isn't playing well, Ally gets dumped upon. In this benevolent mood you are in, does that mean that Ally gets some credit and praise for this vastly improved performance or did the players create this improvement all on their own? Just asking.