Much better Boyd apart!

Boyd was awful; if you were running a Sunday pub team you would not play a guy like that who gets 3 clear cut chances and can't get close with one of them, now would you. It's fine scoring against QP and Clyde but if you can't score against the run of the mill Championship team teams then that tells a story methinks.

However, as the learned Ser BS said in the OP; it was an excellent all round performance. The defence (even Mohsni) were very good and did not allow more than one or two clear cut chances as far as I can recall. Raith were restricted to 4 shots and only 1 on target. Wallace was outstanding, making at least 3 excellent tackles in the second half alone. I could see him as a CB later in his career.

Our MF did indeed control the game and our passing has improved enormously; although Black still seems to find great difficulty passing to a Rangers player. Aird was more direct than I have seen and sent a great cross for Clark's header. Clark once again ran his socks off. Whatever other changes might be made he deserves a run in the team.

And 4 International football players on the bench.

We had 20 shots; 9 on target and scored 4, a very good return.

We only conceded 8 fouls in the match, a good measure of our dominance and to be fair to them, Raith always tried to play foootball, conceding only 6 fouls.

Whilst it was, therefore, an easy game to referee, praise must go to Mr Colvin as well for being in tune with the good spirit of the match; he was never close to a yellow card and I don't even think he spoke to any of the players. If I had been him; I would have been in both dressing rooms after the match, thanking the players for making my job very easy.

Thanks also to the nice ladies in the Raith office who gave me a free badge as the shop was shut for some reason and also their catering staff for a juicy, thick steak pie, pity about the salty bovril.

On a final note, evidence, if any were needed, that we were 100% correct to let Ross Perry move on; he is struggling even at this level.

Boyd was awful; if you were running a Sunday pub team you would not play a guy like that who gets 3 clear cut chances and can't get close with one of them, now would you. It's fine scoring against QP and Clyde but if you can't score against the run of the mill Championship team teams then that tells a story methinks.

However, as the learned Ser BS said in the OP; it was an excellent all round performance. The defence (even Mohsni) were very good and did not allow more than one or two clear cut chances as far as I can recall. Raith were restricted to 4 shots and only 1 on target. Wallace was outstanding, making at least 3 excellent tackles in the second half alone. I could see him as a CB later in his career.

Our MF did indeed control the game and our passing has improved enormously; although Black still seems to find great difficulty passing to a Rangers player. Aird was more direct than I have seen and sent a great cross for Clark's header. Clark once again ran his socks off. Whatever other changes might be made he deserves a run in the team.

And 4 International football players on the bench.

We had 20 shots; 9 on target and scored 4, a very good return.

We only conceded 8 fouls in the match, a good measure of our dominance and to be fair to them, Raith always tried to play foootball, conceding only 6 fouls.

Whilst it was, therefore, an easy game to referee, praise must go to Mr Colvin as well for being in tune with the good spirit of the match; he was never close to a yellow card and I don't even think he spoke to any of the players. If I had been him; I would have been in both dressing rooms after the match, thanking the players for making my job very easy.

Thanks also to the nice ladies in the Raith office who gave me a free badge as the shop was shut for some reason and also their catering staff for a juicy, thick steak pie, pity about the salty bovril.

On a final note, evidence, if any were needed, that we were 100% correct to let Ross Perry move on; he is struggling even at this level.

It was definitely one of those days for Boyd, horrendous would be too kind to describe his performance finishing.

Mohsni did what he's supposed to do and cut the crap out.

Agree re Wallace his best performance in many a moon.

Still think Macleod is being wasted out on the left, Black as you say is quite wasteful.

Thought Aird disappeared for a large part of the second half as he's prone to doing but came back a bit towards the end when they tired a bit.

Clark put in a shift and took his goal well, Law's finish for his was excellent.

Templeton when he came on again ran down blind alley's after some good work.

All in all a much more happier and enjoyable day out.

It was definitely one of those days for Boyd, horrendous would be too kind to describe his performance finishing.

Mohsni did what he's supposed to do and cut the crap out.

Agree re Wallace his best performance in many a moon.

Still think Macleod is being wasted out on the left, Black as you say is quite wasteful.

Thought Aird disappeared for a large part of the second half as he's prone to doing but came back a bit towards the end when they tired a bit.

Clark put in a shift and took his goal well, Law's finish for his was excellent.

Templeton when he came on again ran down blind alley's after some good work.

All in all a much more happier and enjoyable day out.

And safely home :cart: (sorry no cars apparently).

"Boydie's a good type to have in your dressing room. He's always in a positive frame of mind and a barren spell won't get him down.

"His philosophy is it doesn't matter how many chances you miss so long as you're there for the next one."

... said Billy Brown, then Killie's No.2. IMHO, Boyd worked his socks off all night, was there, was willing and always a thread. On another day he has and will score 3 or 4 from the chances he had last night. Let's hope he starts on Tuesday again.

... said Billy Brown, then Killie's No.2. IMHO, Boyd worked his socks off all night, was there, was willing and always a thread. On another day he has and will score 3 or 4 from the chances he had last night. Let's hope he starts on Tuesday again.

I agree, (sorry to continue the shocks in this thread - but, actually I have agreed with dB in the past re on the pitch stuff.) I thought Boyd worked his sock s off last night. Walter Smith says he was worried that if Boyd started working for the team he'd lose his magic art of scoring. Lets hope that worry was not proved last night. An English commentator I know, I mention him because he watches and analyses games from all over the world, was watching last night and he thought Boyd played very well for us, kept their defence worried, off-balance but just had one of those nights when he personally was not going to score - but was going to help create openings for others.

The one thing that irks me about this is that people have been through this a dozen or more times surely. That is, teams - star-studded or not - playing utter rubbish for a spell (or two), but can and have raised their game time and again, usually came and come good*.

After Hearts and some "less convincing" performances, we saw the usual stuff of "never with this manager and coaches" and "no hope with these players" and the like. And while it is obviously quite early still and - granted - easier to say on hindsight, you would hope that people - after letting off steam on a dismal night - come back to more normal level and remind themselves what we have seen before and what we have seen now. It is not all shiny and good and rosy, the future does not look pretty either, right now. But we have a solid team that "did the job" twice before and can sure do it again. Perhaps a little (!) more trust in the players and the manager is due. I have no doubt whatsoever that they give all that they have (as much or little as this may be).

*Yes, we all differ with that word, at the end of the day, success in terms of trophies, titles and - right now - promotions is the most common denominator ... and that was usually achieved.