Been too busy work-wise for last couple of days so only catching up here now.

On pricing, it has been well known for many years that the prices ratch up when Rangers come to town. The usual explanation is that there are added police costs. There have been a few examples in the last couple of season, Berwick for one IIRC. Some google-ing will help no doubt. I have previously taken this up with Doncaster when I met him with the RFWG, and he deflects the issue as being one for each clubs own policy, and will not set rules to defend the fans from this.

On the OF game, I personally will not go to the piggery again for a league match while prices remain at around 50% inflated from any other match. The police dictate what amount of tickets are given to each club, the clubs cannot do anything about this, but are probably quite happy with the arangements anyway. Logistically, the shape of our ground makes the Broomy the ideal stand to give them. You couldnt give them half of it, or shove them into the corner due to turnstiles, toilet facilities etc. The same goes for the piggery, the amount and placement of our ticket allocation is the only natural way of giving us a share which works logistically. The police will not be wanting to change this for a long time to come, unless it is to a no away fans policy.

The split between RSC's and ST/public sale of away tickets still requires to be looked at. A large number of ST holders who tick for away tickets end up giving these tickets to RSC's, yet the split given to RSC's is small in comparison, and I believe it has been reduced again over the last couple of years. When the ST holders cancel their tickets that they have been allocated, and the sponsors dont want their tickets, again it is the RSC's that get the email offering extra tickets and they are pretty much always snapped up by them. Obviously BH is not a member of a RSC and therefore may not be inclined to agree that the allocation splits between ST and RSC is the correct one, so if I can ask where you stand on this issue it will be interesting to know what representation the RSC's (the biggest collective chunk of match-attending Rangers fans) are going to have in this new RFB. I noticed that in amongst some ludicrous categories, there was not one for RSC's. That in itself was not a surprise given what I expect this RFB to be, but it remains a glaring hole in representation for a huge number of Rangers fans.

Been too busy work-wise for last couple of days so only catching up here now.

On pricing, it has been well known for many years that the prices ratch up when Rangers come to town. The usual explanation is that there are added police costs. There have been a few examples in the last couple of season, Berwick for one IIRC. Some google-ing will help no doubt. I have previously taken this up with Doncaster when I met him with the RFWG, and he deflects the issue as being one for each clubs own policy, and will not set rules to defend the fans from this.

On the OF game, I personally will not go to the piggery again for a league match while prices remain at around 50% inflated from any other match. The police dictate what amount of tickets are given to each club, the clubs cannot do anything about this, but are probably quite happy with the arangements anyway. Logistically, the shape of our ground makes the Broomy the ideal stand to give them. You couldnt give them half of it, or shove them into the corner due to turnstiles, toilet facilities etc. The same goes for the piggery, the amount and placement of our ticket allocation is the only natural way of giving us a share which works logistically. The police will not be wanting to change this for a long time to come, unless it is to a no away fans policy.

TB,

I am aware of the Berwick situation because I was still on the SDS at the time and one of my colleagues was the Chair of the Berwick ST.

He told me that in the first game, Berwick only made £4.50 out of each £10 ticket due to the high police costs; so took a decison to increase prices for the second match. Personally I don't think that was unreasonable. I was at both games. At the second one even the Berwick Chair was out working as a steward. I also think you should take into account that Berwick had not increased their £10 admission for 11 seasons prior to that season. The policing was way OTT. There were cops from all over the north of England, getting ridiculous amounts of money in some cases (and in others no additional pay at all) for what was essentialy a day out. Berwick is a small well run club whose players get something like £100/week, even if they did cash in on our visit a bit for the second game.

Overall, like many of the lower division clubs they made about £50,000 from the two games and all or most went into ground improvements. In the past their ST has bought them extra lights for training, medical equipment etc and they got help from Brooks Mileson who financed Gretna when they were nearly out of business, though he had no connection with them at all. I wouldn't begrudge them a few quid.

I agree with all your comments about the Celtic games. Pricing is the main issue for me rather than number or placing of seats.

Thanks for your contribution.

BH

Edited by BrahimHemdani